Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Alpha Sovereign Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
Rhapsody Resort(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Sun City Resort Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Surfers City Motel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
Centrepoint Resort(Surfers Paradise)
2,509 results
All reviewstropical fishcitrique restaurantfish feedingelandra retreatelandra clubsalt water lagoonjunior suitepool areaseafood buffetlobby barthe gold coastvacation clubman made beachhigh teaamazing poolthe club loungeroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I planned to meet up with family and we all booked rooms separately. As customary in Australia, the prices were quite high during the Christmas season (I booked on points.) Access to the lounge was not available due to this being a resort (suggested inc cost 130+$/night.) Dinner in the hotel restaurant, kids crawling all over seats, atmosphere was only worse at next day's breakfast when the sounds reminded me of an army mess hall. Buffet was rich and good though. Breakfast was automatically upgraded w/o asking first - when I asked for a table and indicated that I had included continental breakfast. Lagoon is overrated, few fish.
Overall: This Marriott Resort falls into the trap of fleecing its customers.

4  Thank tbuehlma
Marriott S, General Manager at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay at the Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa over the busy Christmas period.

I am glad you were impressed with the food offering at Citrique and will pass these comments onto our Executive Chef and his team.

It is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your overall experience in the restaurant due to the number of guests dining at the time and did not feel that the resort represented value for money. Christmas and school holiday period is an extremely busy time for the resort with lots of families choosing to holiday on the Gold Coast and due to very high wage cost during the Christmas period the hotels have to increase pricing accordingly.

We hope that you may choose to return during a quieter time of the year in the future, so that we can regain your confidence in our resort.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to the Gold Coast on a long-awaited holiday from Tasmania, to celebrate the completion of my degree. We booked at the Marriott via a Wotif 'secret hotels' deal... We didn't know where we would be staying but knew we were booking 5 star. Could not have asked for a better surprise than to learn we were staying at the Marriott!

The location is perfect, only two minutes walk from the main beach. It takes around 15 minutes to walk into central Surfer's, but we found this to be an ideal distance from the hustle of the main strip. There is a private carpark with free parking for guests, and also a very helpful concierge if you need to arrange a cab.

The outdoor pool area is absolutely amazing. There is a salt water area complete with a waterfall, faux beach and tropical fish! In addition to this (which would be more than sufficient in itself), there is also a chlorinated 'fresh' water pool alongside. If these aren't enough, you will also find a water slide for kids, and a spa bath situated in a cave. The pool area is open until around ten at night, which we found to be a great bonus. There were even wild water dragons hanging out around the pool, which made for some great photo opportunities! The only issue my boyfriend and I had with the pool area was its accessibility... In order to get from the lifts to the pool you need to go through the foyer. We felt a little awkward walking through a wedding reception in our bathers!

All of the staff we encountered were very helpful, welcoming and friendly. I dropped my credit card on the ground while waiting in the lobby for a cab one night, and reception called me as soon as it was handed in (lucky me!).

The room was beautiful. We didn't stay in a fancy suite (despite being offered an upgrade [at a price] during check in), but our room was perfect for our needs. It wasn't massive, but definitely not poky either. Despite the fact that we'd declined the upgrade to an 'ocean-view' room, I couldn't have been happier with the view we did end up with! From our 'city-view' room we could see the ocean, the city AND the Hinterland mountains... The best of all three worlds. It was absolutely stunning. Please find attached a panorama of the view from our balcony.

We were also lucky enough to dine at Benihana teppanyaki restaurant, which I can highly recommend! I plan to write a review some time soon, which will also be 5 stars. While we didn't get a chance to dine in the Marriott's main restaurant, room service breakfast was also fantastic.

All in all, I can highly recommend staying at the Marriott. After such an incredible first experience, we will most certainly be back!

P.S. The reviewers who have complained about the cleanliness of the pool area are full of it. It's a salt water mock lagoon with REAL tropical fish in it... Personally I'd rather brush my foot on a tiny bit of algae (which, by the way, I didn't see a speck of) than swim in water so chlorinated it makes my eyes sting!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed January 2, 2013

First of all, let me say that I am a long time Marriott customer and have enjoyed staying at many of their properties around the world and look forward to doing so again...BUT...

I recently spent two days at the Marriott Surfers Paradise celebrating the New Year holiday. From the moment I walked in the front door, this was not typical of a Marriott experience. The flowers in the foyer were dead and wilted, floors in the lobby were dirty. The room was fine with a nice view of the ocean as advertised. This was a premium priced property and I expected the same experience of the Marriott brand. The grounds around the pool had poorly maintained landscaping with trash, the pool towels were left scattered on lounge chairs and the pool area looked dirty. The bar was not well staffed (had to go back to the bar to ask for a second drink after waiting a long time). The restaurant service was poor and the breakfast buffet was not well cared for. The omelet was inedible and that was after almost a 20 minute wait for it. We had dinner at the Benihana restaurant... skip it... waited over an hour for the chef and then he got our order wrong and wouldn't check when we asked... and this was on New Years eve when we had hoped for a nice evening out... glad we went elsewhere outside the Marriott for our other dining. There are much better dining experiences around the area for much better prices. The issues with cleanliness and poor staffing point to the management. Marriott should start by firing this management... and if they are not going to maintain the property to a level of quality consistent with the Marriott brand, then they should sell this place and look elsewhere to make their imprint. I am just glad I did not book a longer stay. This place is way overpriced for the lack of quality in the property and service. There are other hotels in Surfers Paradise with better service and appearance for much less money.

Room Tip: Ocean view room up high will allow you a view of the beach but if you are going for New Year's fireworks, you will have to walk down to the beach to see them
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FTBain
Marriott S, Manager at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

We are extremely disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at our resort during your recent stay over the Christmas and New Year period.

I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your comments personally with you over the phone so that we are able to address the items you have raised with the various departments - please contact our Executive Assistant on 07 5592 9289 when convenient for you.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this constructive feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon

Sanjay Bhatia
Resident Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed 6 nights over Christmas and we really enjoyed outselves . Our experience was fantastic. Service was always with a smile. I would highly recommand this hotel to anyone visiting the Gold Coast.
We were there with our 12 and 10 year old boys who really enjoyed the pool and the free WiFi. Our kids were catered for and we adults enjoyed hanging out at The Lounge in the evenings sipping on their fantastic LONG ISLAND TEA :)
I'm not sure if this was catered to all but as a Silver member of the marriott, I was told that I was entittled to 15% off all food and drinks. With that...we felt we didn't need to leave the hotel for our meals!

Will return again.

Room Tip: We requested for a room facing the pool. You don't want to be facing the road.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Marriott is an awesome place to stay!
Rooms are beautiful and clean, service is great, food is great, pool is fantastic
Not overcrowded
Cant recommend this place highly enough!
We have stayed here on a few occasions an never had one complaint!
Must try the restaurants thy are great!

Room Tip: No tips the whole place is wonderful