Returned from another nice stay at the Surfers Marriott. This was our first trip since the renovation and I didn't really find that much different (which was fine because I like the way it is/was). The rooms were still nice and clean with plenty of space and a big wardrobe and big bathroom with separate bath and shower. The products (shampoo/conditioner/body wash etc) were not the best though (compared to Sofitel who have yummy orange fragrance Roger & Gallet products).
The breakfast was as good as you would expect for $40 per person and I found the pool bar and room service to be excellent value for money.
The only disappointment was the pool area (which is why we book this place). This time around the pool with the reef was quite messy with algae, it was floating around infront of our goggles the whole time. Early one morning my son and husband found 2 dead fish on the bottom! We went in school holidays and the lack of staff meant that the water slide was only opened intermittently when the staff were not required at the pool bar. This was very disappointing to the kids lined up.
All in all we still enjoyed ourselves. The rooms are nice and I managed to unwind and relax around the pool while sipping cocktails. The food was great and we slept soundly. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast