It's taken me a few days of reflection to write this review and I think it's because this hotel is what it is and what it is, is what it says it is - catch my drift? Swift and pleasant concierge/door staff; reception staff professional and responsive; breakfast staff a bit inconsistent - but again pleasant; housekeeping at a very good standard.
Breakfast - room pleasant, food very nice - buffet (includes made to order omelette) and a la carte.
Foyer/lobby eye catching and 'grand' in the way these spaces should be and very in keeping with the Queensland tropical aesthetic. Much dusting and cleaning of the decorations (dried flowers and shells and other coastal objects) everyday.
My room with balcony - south facing so ocean and hinterland views was very high floor (does having a marriott card make a difference?) - was quiet and pleasant; it's difficult to recall much detail after a few days though - just another nice hotel room with comfy bed and my favourite down pillows. Oh yes - the modest size wardrobe had lots of good coathangers (thank you!). Looking at some other reviews there's clearly a range of rooms on offer (which is normal I guess) - curtains were doubles - block out and privacy type. Opposite to one reviewer - I couldn't get the room cool enough to really sleep comfortably but that's a quibble I have with most hotels.
Just a stroll to the beach and various cafes and stores. A short taxi/car ride to the restaurants at Tedder Av - Main beach.
So yes petal - Marriott gold coast delivers what it says it will deliver for the guests it expects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast