We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Parking was available at the hotel at no cost ($10 for valet parking). The lobby area was very impressive. Check-in was speedy, a welcome drink was provided and our bags were taken to our room immediately. All staff that we came across throughout our stay were friendly and efficient.
The room was clean, spacious and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and there was also a desk, tv, small table & chairs, in room safe, mini-bar and tea & coffee making facilities. Internet connection was available in the room for a fee. The balcony had a couple of chairs and provided views of the lovely pool area and the ocean. The mini-bar and the air conditioner were both noisy - the weather was mild so we hardly used the air conditioner, but we had to turn off the mini-bar at night time to get to sleep. The bathroom was large and clean, apart from some mould above the tiles in the shower and there were hairs stuck on the bathroom ceiling.
The pool areas are a real feature of this hotel. There were 2 heated pools plus an artificial lagoon with coral reef, fish and a waterfall - great for snorkelling. There was also a water slide and a couple of spas.
The meals that we had at the hotel were good quality. Both the a la carte and buffet breakfast at the Lagoon Restaurant were excellent (but a bit pricey - $35 for full buffet breakfast). The Japanese restaurant (Benihama) was a highlight - make sure to book as they are usually very busy. The tepanyaki chefs were very entertaining and the meal was fresh and delicious. We also had room service on one occasion - the meal arrived within half an hour and was excellent value and tasty.
I would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast