“Incredible Views, but go down the block for Brekky”
Review of Peppers Soul

Peppers Soul
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Staying at Soul was one of the best apartments I've stayed at. Although it was pricey, it was worth the expense. I paid $200 more for a Sky View apartment, which I believe is for an apartment on level 40 or above (we were on level 52). Other family members who stayed didn't pay for a Sky View but got an apartment on level 27, but I didn't want to risk being on level 4 or 5 with not much of a view of the city. It's a gamble if you don't pay the extra.

The mini bar was prohibitively expensive ($9 for water), but that didn't bother us as we don't usually use it when we stay at hotels. In addition, the breakfast (which wasn't included), was also extremely pricey. HOWEVER, there's an awesome All You Can Eat, buffet breakfast a block north of Soul that I frequent very often as it is by far the best value All You Can Eat breakfast on the coast, it's $15 for adults (and has real bacon, eggs, juice etc., not imitation stuff)! I'm not associated with the place, I just love going there when I'm at the coast.

The facilities and location were nothing short of excellent. I don't think you could get a better location on Surfers Paradise, right on the corner of Cavill Mall and the beach. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: All rooms are Ocean View. The room I had on the most southern end of the building somehow had both a...
1  Thank Tim V
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Tim V,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Soul as your home on the Gold Coast.

Our Ocean View Apartments do start on level 4 and go to level 39. The Skyview Apartments indeed to guarantee to be above level 40 if your desire is to be higher up in the building.

We have just introduced some great new breakfast included packages for sale. This means for as little as $10 extra per night you can have a full continental and hot breakfast included in your rate. Please note like our daily rates this does fluctuate, but you will almost always be guaranteed a cheaper rate than the $35 per person which is the full price. Please check out our website for more details.

Thank you so much for providing this feedback.

Adam Taloni

Write a ReviewReviews (2,509)

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed there for a few nights at the start of May with my sister and felt like an absolute princess.
It was truly more than I had imagined.

Beautiful views, clean amazing rooms, great location and excellent staff who make the difference. I highly recommend this Hotel to all and cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ocean Views :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Its_Jeannie

Dear Princess Jeannie : )

That is absolutely lovely feedback to hear. We do strive so hard to make all of our guests feel important. Achieving royalty status though is worth celebrating!

I really am thrilled we managed to exceed your expectations and ensure you had the most superb Gold Coast experience.

I do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I (with another couple) had a night at Soul Surfers Paradise. We booked the 2 bedroom option and was on the 38th floor.From the booking onwards we were greeted with 5 star service which matched the fantastic facilities of the room and hotel.
The pools and gym facilities were great. the sauna and steam room were a good experience.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: We got the big balcony room it was great for an afternoon beverage
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Dave F,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent Soul experience.

I am delighted that the service you received from the team matched the high quality of the property's physical attributes.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again when you next visit the beautiful Gold Coast.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have recently stayed at Soul Surfers for a week with our four grandchildren. We chose a three bedroomed apartment (3505).
We arrived late Monday night and the porter was just great very friendly and chatty to the kids.He took us to reception and the lady could not have been more helpful. Check in was a breeze.luggage was delivered to room promptly.
The apartment was suburb everything we needed and very well serviced.Staff were always very obliging and helpful. We booked all our theme park tickets etc with the hotel which was brilliant.

We had a fabulous stay, one of the children remarked "gosh they are so friendly in Australia"
relating to how the staff were chatting to them and asking how there days had gone at the parks they were all very impressed.

So a very big thank you to all the staff for making our stay fantastic.
Our only problem was we should have sent the kids home and stayed on for another month.

Dear NewZealandKiwiBird,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Soul Surfers Paradise recently with your grandchildren for your Gold Coast holiday.

I really appreciate the feedback and am exceptionally proud that the team left a positive impression on you of Australian service.

I hope you had a safe trip back and took lots of memories with you.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed on level 5 for a week in mid July. It was a great location (being just meters from Cavil Ave) within walking distance to many great restaurants and events around Surfer's Paradise. The room was very spacious, 2 bedrooms/bathrooms, and was very modern and well decked out. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only issue was that we were close the road and could hear traffic/work machinery in the mornings; next time I would aim for a higher room if possible. Will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms that are higher up will escape the noise of the traffic and offer great views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anthony H
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Anthony H,

Thank you so much to take the time to post this review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great time on the Gold Coast.

Whilst all of our apartments offer uninterrupted ocean views, our Skyview apartments guarantee you to be from level 40 and above. Perhaps this may be of interest for you for your next stay?

I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great location to shops, restaurants, kids entertainment.
Lovely new 3 bedroom apartment on level 8. 3 way views.
Main bedroom fabulous. 4 kids (11-16 fought over 2 other small double bedrooms as only one had a tv but 3 tvs in all, so I didn't listen. Included everything you needed for indoor and outdoor entertaining. BBQ's located in separate area near pools.
Beautiful beach views and ocean sounds. Fabulous new gym, multiple indoor and outdoor pool options. Very happy escape from the cold of interstate.

Only annoyance were the lifts being a bit busy and only 4 room keys issued to 6 people. Given everything is key entry including the lifts on every floor and all facilities, that was irritating.
Yes to returning.

Dear HouzeThat,

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us recently at Soul Surfers Paradise.

I am delighted that you and the family enjoyed your three bedroom ocean view apartment, and also all of the facilities at the property including our heated pools, gym, BBQ's and more.

Given that we are a 5-star prestige property in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Surfers Paradise, security is of utmost importance. By restricting our lift and facility access to cardholders only ensures that we maintain the premium level of offerings for our guests only. If you foresee issues with limited keys for your next stay, please see the Duty Manager who will be able to assist you, even if it is just placing a security bond on your account for the extra keys.

I look forward to seeing you again when you next escape the cold southerly weather.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed in room 58/02 from Monday 7th to Friday 11th July 2014. It was a Sky View two bedroom apartment. I hoped the photos on the website looked like reality and that tripadvisor reviews were accurate. They were.

Praise where praise is due. Yes it is expensive but the quality of the apartment and the facilities are really excellent. The view from the apartment was amazing of both the beach and hinterland. The pools both inside and out were great.. Happy and helpful staff throughout are worthy of note especially the staff on the concierge desk and the staff in the basement laundry who were always cheery as we made our way to our car as were the maintenance people we spoke with in the lift who asked if we were enjoying our stay.

If you are looking for 5 star luxury in Surfers then this is it.

Room Tip: I usually sleep badly in hotels. But I slept really well because my room was so high up, perhaps the...
1  Thank Jill832
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Gill B,

Thank you for your lovely review detailing your recent Soul Surfers Paradise experience.

I am so pleased to hear of your most enjoyable stay with us, and that you found the apartments, facilities and service from the team to be outstanding.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back again to Soul in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
#13 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Peppers Soul? Share your experiences!