“A class of its own”
Review of Catch Restaurant

Catch Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Catch is the new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise. With a fresh, coastal atmosphere, Catch features a seafood focused menu with subtle Asian influences.
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Being on holidays, this was one of my husbands list of restaurants to tick off.. When I walked up, I hoped that I would be sitting in the booth and to our delight we were. Soft padded lounges with a dinned lighting experience.. The waitresses were fantastic and friendly and were pretty much there as soon as we looked up for them. I love the location of where we sat , as we could see the kitchen and the kitchen staff, cooking.. They were so organized and on the ball, not too soon between meals, but not waiting for too long either... The food was magic and presentation was delightful! The tapas menu was great and we ordered 3 things, finding they pretty much hit the little hunger pangs until main was served.. They also served fresh, warm bread with Luke's olive oil and some dukkah... (Yummy). We asked the wine connoisseur which Pinot noir would suit our meal and he let us taste a few... This was quite impressive for us, as we're been to some nice restaurants around the world and Australia, which really added to the positives of this place.. During main, my hubby had the beef and I had a Mother's Day menu special, which was steamed snapper and a risotto(one of the nicest pieces of fish I've tasted), the flavors were magic.. Well, we asked the wine connoisseur to match is a glass of wine with our mains and he bought over at least 4 bottles to let us taste... It wasn't too much hassle for them at all... If we get back up this way, we will certainly be back... Fantastic dining experience, loved it all

1  Thank Dezzisnips

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great first time experience. Wait staff were prompt and knowledgeable. Food and wine superb. Would go back again

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was great, wine list ok, but great wines were available . The entire of oysters was fabulous; oysters Kirkpatrick were the best I have eaten, hoy sin sAuse a great touch. Meat for mains, a bit overpriced and a little over cooked (my wife's) and a little under done (mine).

Reviewed April 12, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants on the coast and the best fillet steak I've had in years. The serves for the staff was also very friendly. can't wait until we can go back gain and would recommend to any of my friends.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Barramundi was delicious. Although the servings were unnecessarily skimpy.Quality food without substantial quantity, does not warrant the restaurant being located in the Hilton Hotel., or even remotely associated with the Hilton, for that matter. Does not cater for vegetarians, and really is more of a bar for hotel residents to linger at, rather than a restaurant to dine at. One waitress was remarkably nosey. Every time my partner and I glanced in her direction she was starring intently at us, quickly turning away, only to resume starring yet again. This unnerved my partner, who assumed the waitress was hitting on me, and spoilt the evening. The environment is classy and located above shopping mall, which was pleasant. Too bad the Salt Grill is a place to avoid for couples, or anyone who believes in a decent serving of food. I would suggest that you might prefer to dine at any other classy hotel restaurants, and not waste your time here.