“Average food but the service disappointed me a bit.”

Costa D'oro Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious pastas with home-made sauces. The best oven-baked pizzas. Great tasting veal and chicken dishes. Mouth-watering steaks and seafood. Fresh green salads. A wide selection of wine and beer. "Good food - Good friends - Good life."
Tortona, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,289 helpful votes
“Average food but the service disappointed me a bit.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I tried the lunch special at this restaurant and I can say that it satisfied me.
The location is good, the restaurant is located in the main street of Surfers Paradise where there is the highest concentration of restaurants in the city and just a few hundred metres from the beach.
I have been welcomed nicely although I didn't the really appreciate the service, the waiters were too many pressing because I am very slow to choose from the menu.
I ordered a small plate of pasta and I was served a big course with ofcourse the higher price but I didn't want to complain although eventually I advanced.
It seemed to me not very clean at first glance because the side dish that I've got was dirty or poorly washed.
All in all the food was so so the Marinara spaghetti that I've ordered didn't have any taste saltless and the seefood was definitely defrosted and testeless, much better the Chicken Parmigiana.
The prices were good for the lunch there was 50% off on all the menus for both eating and drinking.
One thing that really upset me is the fact that I wanted to order 3 dishes, one of which was a Kids menus, and the waitress has forbidden me to get that plate because I must have less than 12 years old to get it!!!
So it doesn't seem correct at all, I do order what I want at the restaurant because I am a customer and I bring the money, and it is the first time I am faced with a rule so stupid, although I have worked in many restaurants and I never seen something like this, so disappointed!

• Visited April 2013

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“great food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

wonderful service , looked after the kids really well, food was always nice , prices very good, ended up eating there 3 times with no probs at all highly recomended ,
great job guys

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Nice place to eat”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place to eat. Nothing flashy, just good hearty meals. Usually stop in for a meal on most Gold Coast visits.

Sydney, Australia
“Generous portions.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice place for a quick meal. Very generous servings and nice staff, nice to sit outside and people watch.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great service but my pizza was a little overcooked”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is really busy, which is always a good sign, and many appeared to be regulars. The service was excellent, but unfortunately, my pizza was a little overcooked. I would be prepared to give them another chance as there is a very good atmosphere.

Visited January 2013