“Excellent Lunch Buffett at Citirique.”

Citrique Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Citrique believes in stimulating the senses and making every visit an occasion. From food to atmosphere to personalisation and conversation, everyone deserves a little of the unexpected. A seafood lover’s dream, Citrique is famous for its opulent selection of ocean treasures including locally-caught ocean fresh prawns, scallops, sweet fleshed bugs, mussels, Tasmanian smoked salmon, plump oysters and crab. For those preferring their food from the land there is a wonderful choice of artisan antipasto, succulent roasts, Asian inspired dishes, wood-fired pizza and European classics. To finish, indulge in a fantasy array of desserts and delicacies put together by our talented pastry team. Citrique is a place where laughter is celebrated, conversation applauded and friendships last a lifetime.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great service from the time we sat down , our server Joseph was very proffessonal and personable.
Variety, freshenss and quality of food selection was fabulous.
Recommend this place for a special occassion.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Iam lost for words on the seafood buffet..... on a getaway weekend I decided to try the always popular Marriott seafood buffet & was very excited to surprise my husband. We booked for an 8pm visit (last night) 7/9/13. I was told by the young girl when I made the booking for 7:30pm that they do two sittings 6pm then 8pm. This I was totally ok with. When we arrived I was very excited as I had previously been to the Marriotts famous seafood buffet many times before....but this was well before the restaurant had its makeover to the now Citrique. So this has been a few good years since our last visit. Which I may say was superb! The place looked lovely & was very busy. We were placed by the fireplace. I decided to visit the roast meats & vegetables first as they were right near our table. I came back.....shocked!! They had pumpkin & potatoes but the potatoes were sitting oil....hmmm no other veges there? The only roast meat they had was beef with 6 slices pre cut. It looked very sad & I could tell it was going to be cold just like the gravy. And yes ....it was. There was no roast pork or any other meat. I asked the chef at that station for the "roast meats" & he just pointed to the small tray with the leftovers of the beef. There was however fresh grilled bugs near the roast (nice) & metre long sausage chopped up?? The asian dishes were decent but nothing special..pork & prawn, beef dish, 2 types of rice, steamed dumplings. These were nice so they helped satisfy as the roasts could not. There was a couple of other dishes that I cant remember. There was soup, some very large awkward chunks of some type of peri peri chicken, penne pasta, 3 types of small thin pizza & baked fish. This was ok but nothing to wow about. I decided to go to the seafood which was good. It had the usual bugs, prawns, oysters, mussels. The sushi was very small.... pieces 1cm thick but the size of 10 pieces?? They had a few cheeses that were decimated (& not replaced) plus crackers etc, 4-5 types of breadrolls. Also cooked mussells & oysters kilpatrick. It was after seeing the salads that I felt so disapointed that I wish I had not come. For eg: a plate of baby spinach, a plate of cherry tomatoes, a plate of cucmber, a plate of coleslaw & a couple of others that I cannot remember grilled eggplant I think. Why am I so very disapointed? Well to me thats not a salad bar! Sizzlers salad bar shamed the Marriotts. I was expecting at the very least bowls of potato salad, pasta salad, mixed garden salad, seafood salad etc...the desserts partially saved the night but seemed more for children. Eight different ice-creams & lots of toppers like smarties, chopped nuts, flaked chocolate etc???? This is supposed to be the 5 star Marriott not Sizzlers? I had 2 flavored ice creams with nuts & a creme caramel. The other cakes on offer that I wanted to try were empty. Last time I tried the buffet desserts they were all a mix of petite classy looking works of art & some in little shot glasses.... not an ice cream bar with 5 cakes cut up smallas extra. Basically my overall comment is, this is NOT the 5 star standard that the buffet use to be. If you could get a special price & ONLY go at 6pm at the start of the night where things are fresh & dont look like there not being replaced. It may then be worth it. I paid a whopping $79 each for this & felt totally ripped off. I will never be back!! The one exceptional thing I experienced was the service from the wait staff at my table. Shame on you Marriott management the standard offered for the saturday night price is a disgrace.

1  Thank NIN07
Marriott S, General Manager at Citrique Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I cannot express how disappointed my team and I are to hear your comments after dining at our restaurant, Citrique, recently.

There has been such a large focus on our restaurant and maintaining our reputation of having one of the best seafood buffets on the coast and it seems that on this occasion, we have not delivered.

We would welcome the opportunity of discussing your feedback with you over the phone so that we can take learnings from your recent visit. Please feel free to contact our Executive Office via email at mhrs.oolsp.gms@marriott.com or on 07 5592 9829 at a convenient time.

We hope that one day we will have the opportunity to regain your faith in our restaurant.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate room service from Citirique 3 nights in a row and everything was fantastic. Good portion size also. Pizza was delicious.

2  Thank winds0rs
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We loved every meal we had here.

Great service and yummy food, would definitely recommend.Loved the breakfast and seafood buffets.

1  Thank X_LiliB_X
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went to the Japanese restaurant for my birthday and it was the best night, THe food was wonderful and it was worth every $$ to be there. THe only let down was the staff when the main course was over - they disappeared and we couldn't get any more service. We had to go and hunt them down to get a drink and dessert!

1  Thank Joshtherock