“Best Night” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citrique

Citrique
Reserve with
Citrique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian, Australian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Gold Coast's most famous buffet dining destination and seafood indulgence showcasing an array of the best quality, local produce of South East Queensland.
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Best Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went to the Japanese restaurant for my birthday and it was the best night, THe food was wonderful and it was worth every $$ to be there. THe only let down was the staff when the main course was over - they disappeared and we couldn't get any more service. We had to go and hunt them down to get a drink and dessert!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joshtherock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
“Good service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went for lunch during the week and was surprised that by the quality of food and service. Greeted with smile. The soup was hot and tasty. Choice of salad was sufficient especially with the smoked Salmon. Main course was a little bit small but otherwise fresh and tasty. The waiting team was always helpful and pleasant. Overall, a very good lunch experience. Service is probably the top winner in Citrique. Highly recommended for people who chose to stay away from the hustle and bustle of Gold Coast and yet get a first class lunch experience which is becoming harder and harder to find even in a 5 star hotel environment. Please keep up the good service!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marriott S, General Manager at Citrique, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Ray

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent dining experience at Citrique. Our Weekday Lunch offering has proven to be very popular with our guests and for just $24.50 per person is fantastic value as it includes a selection of salads, soup of the day, fresh breads as well as a main meal!

5 star service is something that we really pride ourselves on here at the resort and we thank you for taking the time to commend our team in Citrique.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Seafood Buffet with tons of Gluten Free options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am not normally a fan of the buffet. This would be perhaps the second one that I have been to that I have really enjoyed and would actually go to again. And I will return for sure next time I'm in the area.

The selection was excellent. I had more than enough to choose from. The food was wonderful - fresh and delicious. The staff could not have been more helpful. One of the chefs took me on a tour of all the dishes and let me know which were GF and safe for me to eat. (I cannot tolerate trace amounts of gluten and have to be wary of cross contamination). Normally the soup of the day is GF, but on this particular night it wasn't. But they would have whipped one up especially for me had I wanted it. Likewise with the stirfry. But there was so much I could have that I didn't need anything made.

Cold seafood available: Oysters, prawns, scallops on the shell, crab, balmain bugs, smoked salmon

Sushi and Sashimi: There were 3 types of Sushi (2 of which were GF) and 3 types of Sashimi. Beautiful and fresh. And I was given my own dish with GF soy sauce.

Cooked seafood: assorted scallops on the shell (not GF), all of which according to my dining companions were lovely ; grilled Balmain Bugs - these were delicious; snapper in a butter sauce also delicate and lovely.

An amazing array of fresh salads and dressings and accompaniments. Large assortment of cold meats and all the sauces.

There is also a pizza station (can't comment on - nobody at our table tried it)

The Asian food station was excellent. Stir fries made to order. Plus some hot selections already made. The Asian steak was very tender.

Carvery: Great selection of roast meats and sauces. Rare roast beef was full of flavour and the roast pork was moist and yummy. And the crackling excellent. Good selection of roasted vegetables.

Dessert: A huge selection of desserts and cheeses (and breads, crackers) to choose from. But there was no GF dessert. I think there was one cheesecake that was labelled GF but none left. I asked one of the waitresses if there was any more, and she asked me where I was sitting. A few minutes later, she returned with a plate of GF desserts, which she explained in detail.[See photo: Chocolate mousse, creme caramel, berry jelly, orange cake, chocolate & coffee cake]. I thought I was meant to choose something, so I went with with the berry jelly - looked nice and refreshing, but they said no, that it was all for me. I asked for extra spoons so I could share it with my friends. Delicious!

Wine prices were reasonable.

Free Parking underneath.

Visited May 2013

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Katarina J
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Seafood Buffet with tons of Gluten Free options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

There is also a pizza station (can't comment on - nobody at our table tried it)

Wine prices were reasonable.

Free Parking underneath.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Katarina J
Paradise Point, Australia
“Great buffet restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The buffet is very good, especially for lunch and dinner, lots of variety. The setup with a view over swimming pool is quite nice. If you have Marriott's membership card (cost of about $250/year), you get 50% discount for 2 people dining, then it becomes excellent value for money. Marriott's card also gives you up to 70% discount on hotel rates worldwide in Marriott franchise.

Personally, I prefer seafood buffet in Sheraton Main Beach, which has a similar setup; just a bit more class and less busy.

• Visited July 2013