“Nice food, central location”
Review of The Avenue

The Avenue
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Avenue has been a Gold Coast Icon since 1984 it is the heart of Surfers Paradise entertainment. This ever changing venue is not only famous for its nightlife, it also hosts the best local bands and International acts. Catch all major sports events streaming live on 16 large screens and be captivated by our progressive DJ's transporting you into the early hours. The Avenue also offers a unique dining experience which combines entertainment, music and the sights of Surfers Paradise life on show. The Avenue is the heart of the city where people love to meet. Meet you at The Avenue.
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

In the heart of surfers paradise - it is a nightclub by night, resturant by day and early evening.

We ate in the Resturant. The steak was really good - especially the red wine jus. The chicken dish was average, not bad, not great. Most mains are around the $30 mark.

Ok atmosphere and fast friendly service.

There are newer reviews for The Avenue

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ate here a couple of times and really enjoyed our meals although a little pricier than other restaurants in the vicinity but as I said we enjoyed our meals.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Last review approx 8 months ago paid compliments to the food but the service was good when traveling as a couple but very cold when I returned as a bloke on my own.
Another trip last week showed that the service from the Kiwi girl has not improved and was even very cold, disinterested and bordering on plain rude evan as a couple.
Service from a Brazilian lady was very good, good humour

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

My name is Lisa, my husband John and I plus our three kids have been coming to surfers for over ten years. The avenue is our favourite place to eat in surfers. We have come to know Michael who always makes a point of coming to say hello when we visit. The kids are always welcome and the food is great. Highly recommend for breakfast, lunch or dinner ! Five stars

1  Thank everready1
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I ate here with a group of friends on Sunday evening & it was a great experience. We were greeted by a NZ girl, I think her name was Jess, & she was vibrant & very funny. She has a great character & is definitely an asset to this restaurant. She even charged my iPhone for me as it was low on battery. The other staff were also great. We had a range of tapas including calamari, prawns & a bruschetta. They were all delicious & we even ordered another serve of calamari & prawns as they were so delicious. Thanks for a great night!!!