“Never even got on board :(”
Review of Quack'rDuck

Quack'rDuck
More attraction details
Owner description: Reward yourself with an experience of a lifetime and ride aboard the Worlds most modern amphibious Quack’rDuck. Discover Surfers Paradise like never before. By esplanade, travel alongside Surfers Paradise’s idyllic beaches and past Narrowneck’s man-made surfing reef. Watch the excitement of Sea World from your elevated seating position. Then get ready for the excitement of making a big splash into the Broadwater, only to be relieved that the Quack’rDuck really can swim. Cruise past Marina Mirage and the Millionaire homes of Paradise Waters. All this and lots lots more……..
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was walking through surfers paradise waiting for my friend and had a couple of hours to spare. One of the quackrduck kiosks was being staffed by a woman who stopped me and said that I could make the 2:30 tour and she would give me a discount ($22 instead of the normal $35). I quickly paid and she said she would call them to hold the tour ( it was about a 3-5 minute walk to the tour pickup location, but she assured me I would be fine even though it was just at 2:30 then). I took off and arrived at the location only to be told by another woman that I was late (?!) and the driver wouldn't answer his phone or wait for me. Did I want to wait for the next tour at 3:30. I said no, and was issued a refund. I called my friend and realized I did have time by which point I was back near the original ticket seller. She told me there was probably still room on the 3:45 tour (what happened to 3:30??), only to call and be told that the 3:45 tour was cancelled.
The tour might be wonderful. I don't know because their staff on the streets couldn't seem to get their stories straightened out and seemed to be accusing me of being late when I was doing exactly as I'd been told. At that stage I was completely over it and went for a massage instead!

2  Thank ama658
InessaGoldCoast, Manager at Quack'rDuck, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Trip advisor is a forum to inform travelling community of the value of activities on offer. I do not think it is a healthy forum to air a specific difficulty to board a tour.

We value our reputation including what is written on this trip advisor forum.

In your particular situation it seems that you were given a discount ticket for a last minute boarding. You were not paying full price and were aware of this at the time. It is unfortunate that this opportunity did not work out for you. You were given an immediate refund.

3:30 PM is the boarding time for the 3:45 Tour. This is the time you are required to be at the Departure Point. Surely there is nothing unusual about that - so I do not understand the question mark in your review.

I am not sure why the 3:45 was cancelled – perhaps because of the weather, perhaps small customer demand for this time on that day. We do reserve the right to a cancel tour. This is clearly stated on our brochure material.

It seems that you were notified of this cancellation by phone as soon as the information for the tour cancellation came to hand.

I am sorry you missed out on our tour because it is a ‘wonderful’ tour as the previous informative reviews can attest to.

There are newer reviews for Quack'rDuck

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We had a wonderful tour of Surfer's Paradise & surrounding areas. First by land for 15mins then we did a 45mins cruise on the river. Excellent commentary and staff. Saw the Marina Mirage and Palazzo Versace by water. Then all of the millionaires homes. Great view of Surfer's Paradise from the river.. Highly recommend any tourist do this. We really enjoyed ourselves.

1  Thank SydneyJetsetter
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Really great hour! Our son had a great time and my wife thought it was an enjoyable trip too. We would recommend to anybody who wanted some insights and fun on the GC

1  Thank James L
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Family really wanted to go on a duck, we happened to just come across Quacker and thoroughly enjoyed it. Staff were excellent. The tour was very informative, fun and we all had a fantastic time. We would all easily take this tour again.

1  Thank Aussie_Tourist79
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This tour would have got a very good if only we could of heard the guide talking, because of the noise of the boat and other passengers we had no idea what she was saying, the microphone either didn't work or she spoke very quietly.
This is a great way to see around the area would advise you take extra clothing as can get a little chilly if you go on a windy day.

1  Thank Travelstar76