“Surprising and enticing!”

Bazaar
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Prepare for a journey of gastronomic proportions at Bazaar Interactive Marketplace, your plate is your passport and there are no rules on which destinations to explore.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went to this hotel during our stay at QT Gold Coast, also because of the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.
The name describes the style of restaurant, its like a marketplace (or Bazaar) of food! There are many different types of foods to sample and indulge in, from fresh seafood, meat cooked to order, we had a pig on a spit when we were there, Asian, ice cream bar, pizza etc
So as you can tell, it's buffet style but not what you normally expect, all food was fresh, well made and delicious. It's pricey (from memory $59 a head) but for the quality and service its well worth it.
All I can say now is you must try it! Suggest you make a booking as it was very busy on the night we were there. Enjoy!

6  Thank Emlew1

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The food was good, however, was not worth the price you pay. I think it is really just a gimicky, touristy place. The atmosphere was fun and it was very different than the rest of the Gold Coast but that doesn't really make the price worthwhile.

There is one section where you can order steaks and the like, and all the chefs there looked extremely grumpy and unhappy to be doing this.

Basically, this is just a touristy place with ok food.

1  Thank KatyFoodie
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Bazaar is just brilliant, what a gem. The food quality is outstanding, no shortcuts here. There is a real buzz in the restaurant and it's fun. Make sure you book well in advance as it has become very popular.

5  Thank Bruiser506
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked online in advance for the 10th feb and travelled a long way and was looking forward to it as I had read reviews and at $70 that's a big cost for one dinner, only to discover when I got there that it was Chinese New Year and almost all dishes were spicy and i don't eat spicy!!! I almost walked out but thought no I have to stay as surely there will be something that is not spicy. No steaks just a lot of spicy and asian dishes, I should have walked out. I asked staff about a dish, staff did not know and did not get back to me, they left me standing waiting and waiting as I thought they were going to ask the chef and then tell me what this dish is, but sadly they did not bother. Before you go, ask if it is spicy night or not. I think it might be quite nice on a night where you can have regular European food. It is expensive at $70 so the food should be outstanding and for me on spicy night it was not.

3  Thank Judith B
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My partner and I had heard about Bazaar and had been keen to go for some time. We called and made a reservation on the morning of 10th February and drove down to Surfer's especially for dinner that evening.

When we arrived, we were being taken through to our table and shown the restaurant and at that point we were informed that because it was Chinese New Year that day, the food was Asian that evening..... at this stage, we were so looking forward to the experience and had driven and parked and so on that we just thought ok, we'll go in anyway. However, we quickly realised that the food really was ALL Asian... and there was little of anything else to choose from. My partner and I do like some Asian food, sadly this wasn't it. We barely ate a thing and only really had desserts. We tried the roast pork dumplings and my partner bit into a huge piece of gristle and then a hard piece of god knows what. It was such a disappointment. We wanted to love this place so badly and at $70 a head, we expected to, but it just didn't deliver for us. Perhaps it's different on an evening where it's serving the regular menu, but it was terrible. We didn't even get the awesome cold rock ice cream experience there either that night... overall, just really disappointed.

One of the most annoying aspects about the whole thing is that if we'd been told on the phone when we booked that it was an Asian menu, we wouldn't have gone. Nobody told us. On the way out when we were paying, the register attendant asked if everything was ok. We explained politely that we were disappointed as they didn't tell us it was Asian night and so we hadn't eaten much at all. She just sort of smiled and took our money. Didn't attempt to appease us in any way. I just think for this standard of place, the customer service should have been better. I even emailed afterwards (they don't have a direct email for the restaurant (?!) so I had to email the reservations and ask them to pass it on), but I haven't heard a thing.

Anyway, I really wish this had been a great visit and a positive review, but sadly not. The concept is great and the chefs seemed really friendly, but we should have been told it was Asian night when we booked and they could have at least replied to our email.

5  Thank karmagirls
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at Bazaar, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hi karmagirls,

Thanks for your review. We understand your disappointment at not getting the full Bazaar experience. We hope that you choose to try it again, and will takes your notes on service to the team to make sure it doesn't occur again,

The Team