“Cheap & Good Cruise. Best way to end your holiday at Surfer's Paradise.”

Surfers Paradise River Cruises
Ranked #4 of 45 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: For the best value morning tea / coffee cruise, lunch cruise, afternoon cruise or stunning sunset cruises on the Gold Coast. Morning tea cruise includes cakes & biscuits with tea/coffee. Lunch cruises include selection of fresh salads & cold meats & sunset cruise includes complimentary antipasto platters. Join Surfers Paradise River Cruises as we cruise the canals & the broadwater of Surfers Paradise & the Gold Coast. Past the million dollar homes & yachts, Palazzo Versace hotel, & Marina Mirage. All cruises feature a fun facts filled commentary. Sit back relax & enjoy all the Gold Coast has to offer - exceptional views, interesting history & gorgeous sunsets. Great for tourists & locals alike.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Brought my wife and 2 kids (6 yr old boy & 3 yr old girl) to this cruise on 16Oct2012. By chance, we scheduled it on our last day. We were booked for an early flight home next day.

It was the absolute right decision. I took the evening cruise and it was such a nice way to end our family holiday watching sunset over the Narang river. The upper deck is spacious, clean and comfortable. Safe & Enjoyable for kids. Plenty of space for the photographer to move around.

Captain Laurie steers the boat while Jodie does the commentary. This husband and wife team has great chemistry. Jodie makes such funny and interesting commentary! A few jokes at the millionaires / billionaires owning the river side houses doesn't hurt the rich. Captain Laurie is friendly and good with kids. If the coast is clear, he will even let the kids steer the boat. Just have to ask. See the pictures below :)

While I can't speak for the other cruises, I do believe that price alone, this deal can't be beat. $29 for Adults including free lunch/dinner. Can't blame anyone who is a skeptic. But I tried it, and loved the river cruise.

Food wise, I tried their fish, chicken and steak. Please order the steak, its the best of 3 average tasting dishes. The view from Titanium Restaurant is much better than the food. Can't complain too much, dinner is technically Free.

Overall, its probably the cheapest and best cruise around. Why is it ranked only at #3?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,429)
All reviews
"morning tea"
in 93 reviews
"great cruise"
in 45 reviews
"highly recommend this cruise"
in 21 reviews
"cold meats"
in 15 reviews
"great commentary"
in 34 reviews
"bread rolls"
in 14 reviews
"staff were very friendly"
in 43 reviews
in 13 reviews
"thanks guys"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went on the sunset cruise earlier this week and it was fantastic. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had four children with us and they had a great time. we all enjoyed the comentary and dinner after was delicious. Will recommend to friends.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My family and I took the Sunset River Cruise that Bluewater Cruises offered on Oct. 4th. Although there was some confusion regarding the timing of the cruise (there were two options for booking the cruise online - 3:30 pm and 4 pm. We booked the 3:30 pm cruise, but it turned out there was only a 4:30 pm cruise. It wasn't a problem for us since my family took advantage of the wait time to play in the children's park over by the docking station.), everything turned out great. The staff was very nice and friendly. There was just the right amount of commentary about the neighborhoods we passed by on the cruise. The cruise photographer took a photo of each family / party before they boarded, as well as a group photo once we were on board. Participation in the photo sessions is voluntary. The photographer / cruise staff were able to print the photos during the cruise and sell us the photos in a very nice souvenir album for $15 AUD per album. It was expensive at all, and it was definitely a great takeaway for my family since we hardly ever have a chance to take a family picture where I'm not missing (since I'm usually the one taking the picture). Our cruise included a voucher for dinner at the Titanium restaurant. We were, however, informed that they only had cold buffet that evening so my family opted to forgo the dinner even though we paid for it. Due to my elderly parent's dietary requirements, it was necessary for them to have hot food.

Overall, it was a great experience and a pleasure to meet such nice and friendly staff members. They epitomize the friendliness of Australians.