“It's Beyond Your Imagination....” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$217.25*
and up
Hot Air Ballooning including Champagne Breakfast from the Gold Coast or Brisbane
Ranked #6 of 41 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hot Air Balloon and Vineyard breakfast, 100% refundable and flexible tickets, no fees on AMEX or Diners, pay cash on day, please ask us any questions via our online chat about ballooning here, we’re a local family business that can advise on which pickups and drop-offs are possible, we also can advise on timings and how flexible it’s possible to be for ballooning, especially to get the date you want to fly.
Malaysia
“It's Beyond Your Imagination....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

If you think that riding hot air balloon is like flying in a plane, you are absolutely wrong. In fact, it's one of the experience you can't miss in your life.

While we are still busy talking about the landing position, the hot-air balloon slowly lifted off and it went higher and higher. Everything became smaller and smaller.

Standing inside the big basket, makes me think of the "UP" animation film. Up in the sky, we saw the green green fields,the blue blue sky and the beautiful landscape. It's such a spectacular scenery!

We landed on a farm full of bulls and cows, which make the trip even more memorable. The bulls and cows witness how we have the huge balloon being packed up and put back to the truck.

No words that can describe the kind of excitement, the early wake up call was definitely worth it.

Visited November 2012
Stainless202, Owner at Hot Air Balloon Gold Coast, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Great to hear you loved your hot air balloon ride with us SweeLing and from your photos it seems even the freindly cows helped you to enjoy the fun of packing up the balloon ! Thanks for reviewing us and best regards Andrew

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, null, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had been looking forward to taking a hot air balloon for a long time so imagine my anxiety when I heard that a family in the coach was going to the take off point for the second time as the wind conditions were too strong for take off the previous day.

Thank heavens the wind conditions were ideal for takeoff that dayl. Having said that, I'd recommend anyone contemplating to take the balloon to leave a day or two as buffer. The partner and I were worried as our itinerary could not accommodate another day to return.

The take off was wonderfully gentle as we floated up into the air slowly and the views were gorgeous. It was very peaceful as we floated across the plains soundlessly and everyone took in the views. It's probably how you would feel if you could fly. Only disappointment was we did not manage to catch the sunrise on the balloon as the drive into the hinterlands took quite some time. Nevertheless, the views were enough to compensate for that. Do remember to bring sunscreen or shades as the sun could get pretty glaring.

Ben, our pilot, was extremely professional. So is the crew, Jason and John (not sure if I got his name right). After landing, you would get to help to pack the balloon up. Great part of the experience I would say. And not forgetting the crew's delightful sense of humour.

Post ballooning, we enjoyed a glass of champagne at O'Reilly's to celebrate a safe landing as per tradition.

It was certainly worthwhile to wake up at 2.30am for this experience.

Visited December 2012
Great photos posted Tinglebell and thanks for reviewing - great to see you had such a great time out with us best regards on behalf of the team here, Andrew
Blackall, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Panoramic peace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

A 50th birthday present from my children, this was a bucket list item for someone who is afraid of heights. I travelled especially to the Gold Coast to take the flight and was very relieved the weather was fine (the flight the morning before had been cancelled because of the wind). It was a fabulous experience, from the pickup on the Gold Coast that was right on time, to the professionalism of the driver briefing us beforehand and the pilot giving us lots of information in the air, and the delicious breakfast afterwards. From the moment we started drifing upwards away from the paddock we'd launched in, I knew I was just going to relax and drink in the sights. I found it incredibly serene and a different way to view the world that I thought I knew well. Birds must have a wonderful time drifting along on updraughts and playing in currents! It was a beautiful time of day too, with a lovely soft light. I recommend this adventure for the gentle thrillseeker, not the extreme adventurer! Just remember to take your cap and sunnies - not always the first thing you think of when you're getting ready at 3.30am.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sally C
Hi Sally - you have a great way with words - one of the most descriptive reviews weve had so many thanks and yes it does give you some perspective on being a bird !!! I will pass on your comments to the team here as its great to be recognised by our guests for trying as hard as we do to show you the great experience that is Hot Air Ballooning, even if we do have to start so early to get the best weather its always worth it ! Thanks and best, Andrew and the Hot Air crew
Gold Coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing hot air balloon experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband organised a hot air balloon Gold coast experience for me for my 30th Birthday. We had an amazing time the views were spectacular and the staff all very friendly and professional from the minute they picked up us. The champagne breakfast that followed our hot air balloon was great the best croissants ever. Thanks for making my 30th Birthday a day to remember!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Court P
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Hot air ballooning in Gold Coast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Hotair.com is a very professional company. Their driver Don picked us up at out hotel at 3.45am for 50 min ride to the launch site for the balloon ride. Don is a friendly and humourous guy who managed to perk us up with his light banter even though we had only 4 hours of sleep, having to wake up 3 am to be ready for the pickup. The pilot was Ben, an easy going guy who took us on the 60 min ride, he flew us into the clouds, which was really an amzing feeling! However, his landing spot was not ideal as it was quite a distance from our awaiting vans which took us to O'Reily's Vineyard for a hearty champagne breakfast.The only disappointment was that we did not manage to spot any kangaroos during the 1 hr ride, but only some farm animals on the vast and below.
The ride was indeed expensive but it was a worthwhile experience!

Visited November 2012