“Hot air ballooning in Gold Coast”

Hot Air Balloon Gold Coast
Experience for Yourself
More Info
$216.37*
and up
Hot Air Ballooning including Champagne Breakfast from the Gold Coast or Brisbane
Ranked #6 of 42 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hot Air Balloon and Vineyard breakfast, 100% refundable and flexible tickets, no fees on AMEX or Diners, pay cash on day, please ask us any questions via our online chat about ballooning here, we’re a local family business that can advise on which pickups and drop-offs are possible, we also can advise on timings and how flexible it’s possible to be for ballooning, especially to get the date you want to fly.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Hot air ballooning in Gold Coast”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Hotair.com is a very professional company. Their driver Don picked us up at out hotel at 3.45am for 50 min ride to the launch site for the balloon ride. Don is a friendly and humourous guy who managed to perk us up with his light banter even though we had only 4 hours of sleep, having to wake up 3 am to be ready for the pickup. The pilot was Ben, an easy going guy who took us on the 60 min ride, he flew us into the clouds, which was really an amzing feeling! However, his landing spot was not ideal as it was quite a distance from our awaiting vans which took us to O'Reily's Vineyard for a hearty champagne breakfast.The only disappointment was that we did not manage to spot any kangaroos during the 1 hr ride, but only some farm animals on the vast and below.
The ride was indeed expensive but it was a worthwhile experience!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“A day to remember”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

It was so beautiful and peaceful. The day was truly special, as at 3000ft my boyfriend completed every girls romantic fantasty and got down on bended knee in the basket and as me to spend the rest of my life with him. Which I said yes too. Thankfully our pilot Blake, returned us to land safely so we could go onto breakfast and enjoy a glass of bubbly to celebrate.

Visited November 2012
Stainless202, Owner at Hot Air Balloon Gold Coast, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Wow - what a romantic moment - congratulations to you both Pauline and what a great choice of location for your boyfriend to make as we have 100% success rate on marriage proposals lol. Best wishes from all the team here, Andrew
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent & Mind Blowing”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Imagine you r on a basket floating in air, that's more or less how u feel when you're up on hot air.
Management was terrific & the staff were humorous.
It was passed sunrise when we were up on air, which the company most probably gets itself into trouble w customers as you didn't get what was advertised esp given the steep pricing. I'm a travel photographer so there was disappointment that I didn't manage to shoot what I thought I would.
I prefer to look at it as a whole.
If it's your 1st ride, I'm sure you will enjoy as much I did.
For the team that brought us that day, kudos for the overall experience. thank you.

“Once In A Lifetime”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family of 3 left Brisbane at 2am and drove to the meeting point. Despite the early start, it was well worth it as what awaited us was a breathtaking experience especially for my 9 year old daughter. Just being able to experience going up in a hot air balloon and witnessing the scenic 360 view on a relatively clear morning was good enough for us as there were no guarantees that the weather would be perfect for us. We had a bit of an extended flight due to a lack of wind conditions which was more than welcomed. After we landed, we all helped to pack the balloon in the true spirit of teamwork and headed for a hearty breakfast thereafter. I would recommend anyone to give it a go as I think it would be pretty difficult for anyone not to appreciate the experience.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Felt cheated!!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I took this activity for my big family hoping to get three major benefits. 1. to see the sunrise as mentioned in their website, 2. to see d beautiful scenery from high above n 3. To get a free photo. We did not get any of it...we took d balloon way past d sunrise, d place where we did ballooning was nothing to shout about as it was just a flat land with dried grass n we actually need to pay at their website to get a photo which we need to print ourselves...I spent a lot for this experience n it was total waste of money...I regret not doing it at other places like Brisbane or Sydney which has more beautiful sceneries. Furthermore to save cost, it was overcrowded in d basket n my children n I can hardly move to see anythg...I complained to the crew before d take off but nothing was done....I had elderly ppl with us n when they didn't help out to put back d balloon...d crews actually compelled them to do so....truly felt cheated...skip this experience in Gold Coast...

9 Thank srisha_11
Very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with as as you should have Shrisha and my apologies if it wasnt everything you had expected. As you can see from our other reviews here on TA generally people love the Scenery, really enjoy the fun of packing up the balloon and its unusual to find that people feel crowded - actually the space is regulated by the manufacturer and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority and clients normally dont find this to be a problem.
Regarding the price, Queensland has the best prices in Australia ($250 all inclusive of flight, return transfers and vineyard champagne breakfast) ) due to our stable year around weather and as flying in Sydney or Melbourne can cost up to $380 especially on a weekend day but our prices stay the same everyday of the week again most people when they compare find us to be fantastic Value.
However Im again sorry that you didnt have the very best experience which we would wish for everyone we fly, and I take your comments firmly on board. Kind Regards Andrew Steel Owner