“Good place for a family, dinner and a show”

Hanazono Teppanyaki
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Took our 7 year old to this restaurant hoping we could entertain her while we ate. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the show as mich, of not more than she did!

We started with a tuna sushimi plate and some fried dim sum. My husband ordered the samuri banquet for one (the meals are very generous) and we shared it, which they didn't seam to mind. The meal was Cery large and my husband couldnt have eaten it all on his own. My daughter got the kids prawn meal at a whopping $17 but it was a large serve and we ate what she couldnt. Total cost without drinks was about $110 for the 3 of us.

Really couldn't fault the meals thought my husband found the beef over salted, the seafood was fresh, perfectly cooked, and delish! The beef was extremely tender and vegies we're still firm, the way I like it.

It was byo, which suited me fine, but some better table service could have gone a long way. No bathrooms in the restaurant made toilet trips with a little one a little painful.

Overall I enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Look its a straightforward teppanyaki experience. Not fantastic but just fine.

The theatrical presentation is rote but professional, the food of good quality.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a lovely meal here, food was great, staff are efficient but not overly friendly, except for the chefs, they put on a great show. Found it a little overpriced compared with other teppanyaki restaurants I've been to.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great night out for mother in laws birthday. Took the kids (1 & 3) and they loved the show.
If you are seated by 6 it's 30% off which makes it even better value for money!
Was my first try of teppanyaki and I wasn't disappointed! We all got to choose which banquet we wanted which was nice because we all liked different things :)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is the most disgusting restaurant I have ever been to. Who puts butter in fried rice thought I was going to have a heart attack! The service was crap no waiting on tables for drinks. Cleaned and wiped and set table for next seating while people were still eating and sat a couple from the next booking before 6 of us had finished and got up to pay! Worse restaurant and was a waste of money considering how expensive! Not even the slightest bit entertaining !!! Very very disappointed !! Maccas would of been a better meal!

3  Thank Kate M