“Great Location”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Georgetown, Malaysia
“Great Location”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The hotel location is awesome for party and very convenient for shoppers. The only negative side is on weekend too noisy for the surrounding area. Imagine the club is still open till 4:30am.. and my room can feel the base and music even i stay at level 18.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Conan888
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Conan888,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback and was pleased to see that in general your stay met expectations.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed May 16, 2014

It was my first stay at the Hilton Surfers Paradise. I stayed there for 2 nights in May. Upon check in, the receptionist presented me a personalized welcome letter from the general manager because I am a Hilton Honors top tier member. I was updated to a one bedroom suite with a large balcony. It boosts a 270 degree ocean view. The hotel is situated in an excellent location, directly opposite Surfers Paradise beach and is surrounded by shops and clubs. The following is my other observation:

Well done:
1) Full recognition of Hilton members
2) Well stocked executive lounge
3) Excellent outdoor pools

Need improvement:
1) Very small gym (useless) given the size of the hotel
2) Insufficient staff: for example, at the main restaurant FIX, breakfast items were not replenished; Front desk deems always has only one staff manning the desk
3) Room temperature is tend to be warm and is very difficult to adjust.

Overall Hilton Surfers Paradise is a top quality hotel and I will not hesitate to recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: An ocean view is a must
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear BirdPinoTrollFin,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that we recognised your Hilton Honors status on arrival and that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your feedback on what we could do better and appreciate your recommendation to other travellers.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

So I stayed at the Hilton for one week in April for the purpose of just relaxing. Its a very new hotel still and it doesn't show any aging.
The place is truly beautiful from the way the buildings are designed to the outdoor areas with the pools.
Prior to arriving at the Hilton, I was in contact with staff and managed my requests for a bath in the Executive room.
The staff at the Hilton were very welcoming and managed any requests or assistance very promtly and professionaly.

The room was located on the 15th floor and found the rooms area wasnt secure from visitors coming to the executive lounge and the door entry would not completely click shut behind you.

The Executive room was previously was a twin bed room and they changed it king to meet my request of a bath. The room its self was lovely however was very short at the end of the bed around 1 and half meters where there was a wall and sliding door for the bathroom. The bathroom was huge however.

Food at the executive lounge and room service was all very good value. The coffee machin on the lounge was AMAZING!

The outdoor area and pools were amazing and the main 50 metre pool was warmer than the indoor pool at 9pm.

Overall its a beautiful hotel with great staff members but its a couple of minor things that let it down for me giving it 5 stars. Despit the minor issues i would definitely return! I think if you stayed in hotel for a couple.of nights, it really would be perfect.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank CarolineAugustin
Dear CarolineAugustin,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see on the whole your stay met expectations and we look forward to seeing you back on future travels.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

When I check-in at the Hotel, The staff was very kind, and room was very clean! I have stayed Executive floor, I used to executive lounge, was good. so I could save dinner charge ! Pool was very clean and calm. I strongly suggest to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We've stayed here during Easter break with my young family. Kids of 1 and 4 yo, enjoyed the pool/spa and and its proximity to the beach and Cavill ave. It helped that we have the Executive Lounge benefits as it provided breakfast, refreshments and light dinner for the family. The only downside was the staffs at the Lounge were not as friendly and hospitable as our previous experiences wt Club from other 5star Hotels. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Sabina1409
Dear Sabina 1409,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your feedback regarding the friendliness of the Executive Lounge team and am sorry that you did not feel as valued as we would expect.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and we hope to see you back on future travels.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a hotel with two totally different cultures. The functions team can’t do enough for guests, the food is excellent and the function venues are well run.

Unfortunately the hotel is almost the opposite.

The last time I reviewed this hotel I commented about my frustration with the reservation system. I’ve been back a couple of times since and there always seem to be “issues”.

This time there was no valet parking attendant anywhere to be found so I parked the car myself. The front desk was attended by just one clerk with five people waiting. I was number three in line but when a second person did appear she served the last arrivals first.

When I asked to speak with the GM (a Mr David Kelly had responded to my previous comment) the Assistant Manager (Front Office) arrived and told me that he was the Guest Relations Manager and I could definitely not speak with the GM. (I assume the GM has to be protected from guests.)

He served me and assigned me a very pleasant, nice sized room with a large bathroom and a balcony. The room had the usual Hilton amenities and a comfortable bed but was sparsely furnished and lacked a stocked mini bar (available on request) and any chairs to actually sit out on the balcony.

On checkout the front desk clerk told me I needed to pay extra for the valet parking. I said that my understanding was that it was included in the function. She insisted that I was wrong and charged my credit card.

The functions manager took my details and said he would arrange a refund.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank AussieStrategist
Dear AussieStrategist,

Thank you for sharing your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that the event you attended at the hotel went well and you found the experience met your expectations. Consistency is key and I have noted your points related to other elements of your stay. I have noted your feedback regarding asking to speak to me and I am sorry that our Duty Manager felt that he could manage your concerns without my involvement.

I hope to see you back for future visits and hopefully you will find all aspects of your stay meet the standard experienced during the event held at the hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We booked 2 nights at the Hilton as the first 2 nights of our honeymoon. However, due to work committments (sigh) we skipped the first night. When we turned up to stay for our second night, the receptionist told us that our booking has been cancelled because we were a 'no show' for night 1 and that we would need to make a new booking, even though we had paid for 2 nights in full. She was quite rude and unhelpful. We asked to speak to the manager and the manager was able to revive our booking and even gave us an upgrade.

After this initial hiccup, we arrived at our Relaxation suite room with sweeping views of Surfers Paradise beach, Nespresso machine in the room, super comfy king bed and a 2 person bath tub. The accomodation was beautiful and the slightly larger sized toiletries were also fabulous. We also had access to the executive lounge which served continental breakfast and canapes in the afternoon. All in all, the stay was excellent and service was great (except for the 1 lady at reception). We would definitely do this again for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Rooms that have access to Executive Lounge means you get access to complimentary pre-dinner canapes...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Zigletta,

Thank you posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that in general your stay met expectations, I have noted your initial comments and have shared this with the Front Desk team. Initial impressions set the scene however I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and the Executive Lounge.

We hope to see you back on future travels.