“Disappointed”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The location of the hotel is incredible. However, due to schoolies, the music was unbelievably loud every night and being on the 5th floor it would be a struggle to get a decent sleep in. They would start with the street music at 8am again. Arriving to a twin bed room when I booked a King relaxation room and specifically requested a king bed was another disappointment. having to wait 5-10 min for someone to combine the beds instead of changing my room when the hotel was only half full (as per the gentleman who arrived to fix my bed) was yet another disappointment. The room is ok but nothing special especially if you're paying in the excess of 400 dollars per night (no view at all). The main door would keep making noises when others on the same floor would enter their rooms because of the wind. Small things like that can become quite annoying especially at a 5 star hotel and in what should be a relaxation room. I don't recall having a good night's rest on any of the nights I spent there. The Spa experience was excellent. I would not necessarily stay at this hotel again but I would definitely book a massage at the spa if I'm in town. Otherwise, I ended up checking out the night before to go to friend's place and get a good sleep prior to my flight the next day.

Room Tip: If staying here make sure you request a very high floor so as to avoid all the street music especial...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Majid A,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our location and the Eforea Spa. I am sorry that your did not get as much rest and relaxation owing to noise from the surroundings. Do let us know if you plan to return so we can ensure your complete satisfaction.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights for a work conference. The room was very modern with quite a funky bathroom albeit I found the handheld shower annoying as it kept spinning around and facing the wall making showering a little difficult.

I was on the 13th floor and despite my fears of noise from the schoolies I didn't hear a thing. We dined in the Salt restaurant on the 1st night which is a Luke Mangan affair. Food was very nice and service attentive. Check in & check out was efficient and the staff super friendly.

Breakfast was ok but why oh why do these hotels insist on using powdered eggs for their scrambled eggs! I was also a bit annoyed to have to pay $5 for a coffee in a five star hotel!

Location wise it's nice & handy with the beach in easy walking distance. All in all a pleasant stay

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Brisvegas_Boy,

Thank you for taking time to post your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your room and dinner at Salt grill. I have noted your comment regarding the Scrambled Eggs at breakfast. We do not use powdered egg in our recipes, all eggs are fresh, I will pass your feedback to the chef as your eggs appear to have not been prepared to our normal standard. Breakfast buffets include brewed coffee and tea, we do charge for coffees such as Cappuccino which are over and above the buffet inclusions.

jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

High quality apartments with complete cooking and laundry facilities. Liked that this is connected to the hotel so that hotel facilities and services can be accessed. The hotel/residences location is excellent. The internet policy of use of only one device per login at $30 per day is expensive and should be reviewed

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Christopher P,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in a Hilton residence. As you point out, unlike other apartment hotels, guests choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise have the benefit of being able to use the hotel services while staying with us.

I have noted your comment regarding internet and would advise that we have recently changed to allowing up to 5 devices to be connected on the one log in, recognising that these days there are often more than one device used by a family.

Thanks for staying with us and hopefully we will see you back on future travels.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights, and was expecting a fair bit more. The building itself is nice an new, and I loved the location. But the service was seriously lacking. We asked for new pillows because the ones on the bed smelled like someone had been smoking and trying to cover it up (despite being on a non-smoking floor). Maybe an hour later they finally brought them up, so much for trying to sleep when you want to. The second incident was asking for beach towels. This time it only took about half an hour of waiting in the lobby (and multiple calls to housekeeping) for them to bring them. Not great value for money, probably wouldn't stay here again unless it was a really cheap deal.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Joe L
Dear Joe L,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that you experienced some delays in receiving the replacement pillows and beach towels. I have shared your feeback with the team and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The hotel is situated in the heart of Gold Coast. Although claim to be a very expensive project, yet the Hilton main entrance is too small (or Narrow) or not "grand enough" for a 5 star blending. Floor tiling on the main lobby and all typical floors are fitted nicely by grey tiles with white spots looking like a lot of chewing gums sticking on each tile, (I comment that very "ugly looking").

Rooms are spacious with "simple and trendy" design. Bedding and mattress are good, The TV is a little bit too small for a spacious room. I do not like shower rooms without hand-held shower head, but many hotels in Australia are fitted with wall mounted shower heads only . For my 8 days trip touring all the major cities in the western coast of Australia, no hotels surprise me.

I recognise that one of the letters is missing on the roof neon signage of "Hilton" for two nights already during my stay. The management should make sure to upkeep the Hilton "blending" with an unfailing effort. As a Hilton fan, the hotel overall marking is still good for surfers and visitors.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear zuric,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I appreciate your observations regarding various design aspects of the property, In relation to hand held showers, all hotel rooms and apartments do have hand held showers at Hilton Surfers Paradise. We are also aware of the light being out in the Brand signage on top of the tower which is in the process of being replaced.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and perhaps we will see you back on future travels.

Jannali, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Being a Hilton Gold member, as was the person I shared the room with,I expected that there would be more than one person at check-in so that when we lined up at the designated Hilton Honors counter we would be attended to promptly as is usual at all other Hiltons I stay at, but all the other guests waiting were attended to first, as they would expect.Despite my friend being a regular there, the girl got his name wrong twice.The twin room was not ready and we had to call housekeeping to split the beds.There was no complimentary water in the room.The next morning when we tried to swim at 6.45 the pool was not available even though it opens at 6am.Later in my stay when I took my concerns to Joseph at the check-in desk, he was most helpful and even gave us a complimentary evening at the Executive Lounge which was excellent.The room itself could not be faulted, although of course as it was schoolie's week some noise was to be expected.
I also went to use the Business Centre, but found there only one computer and a small box of pencils, stapler etc, no printer.Evidently it had been loaned out, but was not there the 4 days that I was.
The large pool is great for doing laps, there is a smaller pool and a spa and sauna. The pool area is very nice.
The breakfast buffet was good, but there was no variation from day to day.The service was very good.
Overall, I would rate this hotel quite highly, but the poor initial check-in was not acceptable for a hotel of this standard.There were other occasions when I walked past that there was only one person was on the desk.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view on a high level.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DerekHulme,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your observations during your stay which have been shared with those that have responsibilty for the areas involved. I am sorry that the arrival at the hotel somewhat tarnished your experience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We hope to see you back in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have been to a lot of Executive Lounges, but this one tops them all. Great staff, great service, great food, and AMAZING views. The views in tower 2 are very good. The restaurant food quality is fantastic, but unfortunately they fell very short on the cleanliness factor. The staff, with the exception of the waitress who underplayed the incident of dirty dish on my desk, are very helpful and pleasant most of the times, EXCEPT the front desk staff, they seem to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Albert N,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed the Executive Lounge and you found restaurant food to be of good quality. I do apologise that the situation with the dirty plate was not managed as we would have hoped. I have shared your feedback with the team.

We do hope to see you back on future travels.