“Not worth the money”

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast, Australia
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

we paid close to 500 dollars to stay in a 2 bedroom apartment.Arrived only to be told we couldnt use the pool because they had a privite function.we ordered room service.The worst Hamburger ever and over priced.The lounge/living area was smaller than I thought.Wasnt worth the money

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Kyra H
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Kyra E,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that you felt your visit to the hotel represented value for money. Occasionally areas such as the pool deck host functions. We endeavour to advise our guests beforehand via our brand websites if there are likely to be any variations to the availability of our facilities. I have shared your feedback with the Chef regarding your burger and noted that you felt the apartment lounge area to be smaller than you expected.

Do let me know if you plan to return so that we can ensure you leave with a more memorable impression.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just returned from a week stay at The Hilton Surfers Paradise Residence. We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe ocean view residences. The view from the 32nd floor is fabulous and the rooms are clean and airy. Very efficient housekeeping services. Elevators are fast and we were all surprised to read bad reviews on waiting for elevators and rooms not being clean..etc..Anyway, it's a good hotel with good location and they are many F&B outlets all within short walking distance.
We are now planning to return again next April to celebrate my hubby's birthday. Thanks to all the team member for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Diana3833,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay for a week at the hotel and do let us know when you book your return trip in April next year so we can ensure a great birthday celebration.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Booked a 'relaxation suite' to accommodate my husband and 3 yr old son for his birthday. It was anything but. The room though 'boasting ocean views' was on the 5th floor and all I could view was the back of another building. The people on the neighbouring balcony spent all night screaming and yelling also smoking, the cig georgette butts blowing onto our balcony in the morning. My time would have been wasted calling hotel security as there would have been little they could have done for the hooliganism that was occurring on Cavil Ave last night that was disturbing not only our night's sleep but that of my small child. I was also not impressed with the small balcony and the walls were all scuffed and dirty. I was to pay $565 for this utter disappointment. On checkout I complained to the person at the desk and was offered a generous $65 of my bill. $500 for the worst nights sleep I have ever had, and to think I was told on check in, if my son was to enter the Executive lounge in the evening he must remain well behaved.....I think that the group of idiots next door to us needed that lecture more than he did. Relaxation suite, what a joke.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Teagan C
Dear Teagan C,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that you did not fully enjoy your stay and while a gesture was made on check out in relation to your bill you remain disappointed. Please do contact me at the hotel to discuss further if you wish.

North St Marys, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was a wonderful stay overall, however, some things should have instruction manuals for certain people new to this sort of experience. But this doesn't stop me from considering the thought of returning. I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear David A,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and are happy to see that you would return in the future.

sunshine coast, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff, room, facilities and food were excellent.The hotel is right in the heart of surfers and it is only a short walk to shops, beach and entertainment. Will not hesitate to stay here next time on the goldcoast

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Greg J,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The area is good if you want to party and bad if you don't. Noise from the street will reach you even if you live on the 22'nd floor. I'm not a surfer and therefor not an expert, based on that I will still claim that I've seen better waves and more surfers elswhere in Australia. The food is as you would expect in an area like this, junk except at the Hotel wich offers a good restaurant. The Hotel is good, but not exceptional

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Erik A,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you had a memorable stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and that you found that Salt grill offered a difference to local dining options. We hope to see you back on future travels.

Melbourne
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick, we are HH gold & were upgraded to a relaxation suite which was very nice & spacious. Enjoyed the use of the exec lounge. We had a few drinks & canapés & breakfast had a great assortment of cereal, Danishes, fruit salad, Bircher muesli. Our only gripe was with attention to detail. Our mini bar had a half drunk bottle of coke in it. There was no comp water, the b'fast card was already filled in and there was crayon on the wall, none of which ruined our stay. We have stayed at a number of Hilton's across the USA & Asia & Aus and are always happy with the service & facilities. again not disappointed with Surfers Hilton.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Ozefamilyof3,

Thanks you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see you had a speedy check-in and we recognised your HHonors status with an upgrade to a Relaxation Suite. It was great to see that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge. I am sorry that not all was in order in your room on arrival.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand and we hope to see you back on future travels.