“Location can't be beat”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Auckland
“Location can't be beat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The location of the hotel is superb. Right in the middle of Surfers Paradise - it was the perfect place to stay for my mate's stag do. We had a 2 bedroom apartment in the residences section of the building. The room is large and has a great view of the beach. It has a full kitchen which would come in handy if you were staying more than a night. Check in and check out was a breeze and staff extremely helpful and friendly.

The carpark can be a bit of a trek from this end of the building - it was fine but can be a little confusing. The hotel must be commended for not being ludicrous with parking fees as many do - charging $15 per day is reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear EngineerJ87,

Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate your feedback.

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

A very high standard modern hotel with a great eatery, "The Salt Grill". Worth paying a small supplement to upgrade to an ocean view room. I would recommend this Hilton and consider on my next stay at the Gold Coast

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Valerio M,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see you enjoyed your stay and SALT grill, we hope to see you back in the future.

Lennox Head, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very good overall. Only negatives: no bath in my room (come on its a 5 star hotel/room), didn't bring my tooth brush because i assumed there would be a disposable tooth brush in the room (never do that again), all the construction around this hotel made it difficult to enter the street where it is based.

1 Thank Joshua L
Dear Joshua L,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that in general your stay met expectations. I was sorry that your preference for a bath in the room was not met, we do have rooms with and without so for a future booking please let us know your preference so we can ensure complete satisfaction. While we don't supply toothbrushes in the bathrooms, we do a supply available on request if the need arises.

Thanks for staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, we hope to see you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed on the executive floor for one night as we had a deal which included free parking and free WiFi. We had a great stay.
The executive club provides afternoon tea, canapés/tapas with drinks and a continental breakfast while looking out over the view of the beach and roof tops. The quality was equal to all other executive floors we've stayed on with other chains of 5 star hotels.
The room was immaculate with a sitting area and balcony. The bathroom supplies were suitably luxurious. The bed was very comfortable with a soft but firm mattress and soft, fluffy pillows.
The most amazing thing were the bedside lamps. They are actually meant to be 'reading in bed lamps' and can be adjusted for a better angle! This would be the first time I have ever had hotel bedside lamps that are practical and useable and not a design feature!
Although we didn't have to pay for the WiFi, the set charge is $29 per day which is outrageous in this day and age.
We had very little contact with staff and those we did speak with were polite and helpful. There seemed to be a minimal staffing but we were there mid week.
Self parking was included in our deal but at $15 per day is probably reasonable. The parking area is secure and there seems to be plenty of it.

Room Tip: Try for the executive floor!
1 Thank Norma31
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Norma,

Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate your feedback.

It's great to see you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and we have taken on board your feedback in relation to the Wi-Fi.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Generally I had a good stay! The I interiors are simple, and location is convenient. The only thing disappointing are
1. I called their customer service twice just to confirm my reservation and I was on hold for about 5 minutes each time, and for a hotel with this rating that is disappointing. 2. After check out they said they will release the money on hold on my card and expect 3 to 7 days for the bank to process. After 4 days I Checked my bank account and the hold is still there. I called the hotel and found out that they did not notify the bank on the day of check out and she just offered to fax the bank to release the hold, with a non sincere apology. The lady I spoke to over the phone does not deserve to work in a hotel with that name, she does not sound professional or maybe was not trained to be one! she should know what customer service is! They are the voice of the hotel!

So overall good! But customer service over the phone NOT Good.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear emersonmd27,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate the opportunity to learn from your experience.

I am sorry that your concerns reagarding the relase of your credit card per-authorisation was not managed in a more empathetic manner and I have shared your throughts with those responsible.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and I hope we may see you back in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

i have booked the room for one night with breakfast included as printed on the voucher. however hotel systems said breakfast is not included. disussed with staff named Maria and she has confirmed breakfast is included (due to system error). the next day, i went for breakfast and it says did not included. so i have to explain myself again and was charged for $105 even though the staff have said it is included. i have to waste my time again calling the hotel to sort this problem. very inconvenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Andrianto S
Dear Andrianto S,

Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry that you encountered some shortcomings during your stay and I believe our front office manager has contacted you directly from the hotel to address your concerns.

Thank you for your feedback.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights with our 3 grandchildren. Had a 2 bedroom ocean view room which was lovely. Facilities good, room very clean. We were charged an extra $120.00 per night for extra person as rate is for 4 people only. Felt this was exorbitant seeing extra person was 4 years old! Kids found the indoor heated pool too cold as did others we spoke to. Hotel is in a great position with beach close by. WiFi is extra....ridiculous in the day and age! Overall we enjoyed our stay very much.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank katiedog
Dear Katiedog,

Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate the feedback.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your two bedroom ocean view residence and the location of the hotel.

In relation to the heated pool and the Wi-Fi I have taken these comments on board.