“Wife and I retired persons.”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“Wife and I retired persons.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our five days stay was excellent.The quality and the variety of the food at breakfast was perfect.The service at the desk the girls were very obliged and helpful .the room was large enough for both of us.and room service was perfect.I requested ice within tree minutes was delivered as well beers.I have no any further comment to add.Thanking you.Edward Anlyan.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Edward A
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Edward A,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back on future travels.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked a prepaid mystery 4 night break through Virgin which included our accommodation package. We were delighted to find out we were staying at the Hilton and at the conclusion of our break I am happy to say that the Hilton lived up to our expectations.

We did have a minor mishap checking in as we were on a pre-paid package and not in possession of a credit card, recption wanted to put a hold on $400 from our debit card just in case we charge something to our room. It was explained to us this is effectively a bond of $100/day for our stay. Obviously this wasn't acceptable to us and we agreed after alot of discussion and referal to the manager on duty that we would pay $100 and have our room keys reprogrammed each day. I understand the need for the hotel to cover themselves but we were made to feel embarassed (what no credit card).

Every other aspect of our stay was outstanding. Our room (on the 6th floor) was clean, spacious, functional and enjoyed north/westerly views. We found the rooms well insulated and were not disturbed by any noise from street infrastructure works, surrounding nightclubs or any other rooms.

The service staff - especially Calvin at breakfast and the concierge team were absolute stars.

We enjoyed the location and found it an easy distance to the beach and walking track (needed to do after such a wonderful breakfast each day). We also felt safe walking around at night, particularly along the beachfront for the night markets.

We used the gym facilities and although located in the basement did assist us in working off all the ice cream we had consumed from all the surrounding icecream shops.

It would be interesting to revisit after the light rail is up and running as this will compliment the bus service and make it even easier to explore the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shesalwaysright
Dear Shesalwaysright,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for recommending Calvin who was delighted to see he had left your with a positive impression.

I am sorry that you encountered some inconvenience upon arrival. The credit card preauthorisation is necessary to enable you to access the ability to charge items to your room. While your accommodation was prepaid we are in effect providing credit during your stay for other charges and the bond ensures that we can provide such credit. I do apologise that you were caused some embarrassment by this process.

The property has two gyms, one in the basement of the Orchid Tower and one with windows overlooking the gardens on level 2 of the Boulevard tower, you may wish to use this gym when next staying with us.

I was pleased to see that in general you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back in the future.

Best regrads,

Singapore
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Called for 1 extra bed room slippers ... to my surprise there is a surcharge of AUD 60 !!!! .... That Is way too much ! and this is my first time encounter this problem on my travel experience never before other part of country need to pay for it ..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Devillcm
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Devillcm,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

As communicated directly to you, I reviewed your account and identified the error in charging an extra person charge for your room which has now been refunded. Thanks for letting us know and I apologise for the inconvenience.

Canberra
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to Japan. The location in the centre of surfers paradise is ok. Rooms are reasonable. Executive lounge was nice for breakfast and the staff were helpful given our luggage had been lost. I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear rbbrooks,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay at the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that your overnight stay met your expectations and that you enjoyed breakfast at the Executive Lounge.

I hope that we may see you back on future travels.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in two bedroom ocean view apartment. Views over beach were spectacular. Fully self catering apartment with all modern conveniences. Day spa was absolutely marvellous and well worth the trip ladies. Great value for money and left feeling very pampered and special. Also had an amazing breakfast at Salt on Saturday morning- the staffs professionalism and outstanding customer service were unbeatable!! No exaggeration - my husband and I left feeling like we'd just had a great vacation. Hotel is within walking distance to all surfer's attractions. Six stars!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear FBFamily,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the special mention for the breakfast experience. I am pleased that you left with a positive impression of the hotel and residences.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Me & my partner chose a high end mystery deal for one night on wotif, when it came up the Hilton I was really excited !. Driving to the building the first thing you notice is the architecture, truly amazing, the hotel really stands out form the other skyscrapers in the Surfers Paradise skyline with its bow like curve on one side. When we arrived there was only a small place to pull over in front of the building but no room due to other cars so we headed to the underneath car park. Once in the car park there was a boom gate so we pulled over to the side confused about what to do (as in do we pay for parking?). I parked in the loading zone & waited while my partner checked us in, she came back after sometime & to my disappointment we had to pay for parking on top of the mystery deal. We unloaded our bags & went to the lift witch took us a while to find as there are no signs because the hotel is so new. We caught the lift up to our room & I opened the door there was two single beds in a very small room & a balcony that is crowded with two people on it... Our mystery deal had stated that it included a free upgrade to a deluxe room witch we had clearly not been given, we went down to complain & the girl at reception had the hide to ARGUE that we had the deluxe room!!. I had to open there website on my phone & show them there definition & pictures of a deluxe room, once she saw this she then said sorry & changed our room to the correct one. We got our bags & moved to the correct room on the way there noticing the hallway had scratches all along the walls that someone had done with a key or something. When I opened the door the view was great, glass & ocean everywhere!!! big king bed & bath & shower to die for :-) The rest of the stay was pretty good apart from the fact that Surface Paradise is in the middle of a "re-vamp" with a lot of the roads pulled up & things closed... the noise did travel up to our room from the bars below waking me at times during the night(I had also had a few ales). Overall I could of stayed at another high rise in the same location for a lot less & get the same if not better experience, but what would I tell my friends...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan066
Dear Alan 066,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that you experienced some inconveniences on arrival to the hotel. It is correct to say there is a small area on Orchid Avenue to pull in on arrival and most guests who are with a car drive down to the car park and use the lifts to gain access to reception. There is an overnight charge for parking at the hotel if this is not an inclusion in your room rate.

The hotel has various room configurations within different room categories so I am sorry that the room allocated did not meet your expectations but was pleased to see we were able to provide a room more fitting to your preferences. I was pleased to see that other elements of your stay were positive.

Thank you for staying with us, I hope we see you back in the future.

Sydney
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Terrible place, by Hilton standards. Emotionless welcome by reception (traveling as a Diamond member, no "Hello Mr..", no "Welcome back" etc). Technically a great looking place, but no feel about it, no soul Disappointed not to get a view, no upgrade etc, first time ever in dozens (and dozens) of Hilton stays. Won't be returning, and it's the first time I've ever thought that about a Hilton. Service at breakfast brings up the score, which based on reception would be zero. Location I personally don't like, but see how it's very central and convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan&Zoi
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Dan&Zoi,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry that as a Diamond Hilton Honors member you did not feel that we lived up to your expectations. Your candid feedback is valuable to emphasise where we can do better and I have used this to share with the team as we strive to improve.

I was pleased to see that your breakfast experience appears to have been positive.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and please do let me know if I can assist in the future.