“Great Hotel!”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed March 23, 2013

great hotel, great location as walking distance to shops, beach, restaurants and nightlife. Rooms are an ideal size, all rooms have balconies which is great for fresh air and listening to the waves roll in. Could do with a chair on the balcony to sit and enjoy the view. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: if you want a bath, make sure you choose a room with one, i was disappointed as i assumed all 5star...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear DebstarC,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Recently we stayed at the Hilton Surfers Paradise.
This Hilton Hotel is very "Beachy" which I found appealing as I didn't expect this! Any one that is used to staying at a Hilton Hotel knows the expectations of this Hotel brand.
I was pleasantly surprised ,as a local, this Hotel still made me feel like I'd been away, even though I didn't fly anywhere!
The pools looked amazing,unfortunately I had no time to relax!
The staff are pleasant as per Hilton standards, but the systems are still getting into order( I arrived to be told the executive club opened at 6:00pm and later found out I had missed the tea and coffee hour) These things happen especially in our laid back sunshine state!
All in all I enjoyed my stay and can not wait to visit my southern state Hilton Hotels(so I can really say I've been on holidays!)
I would highly recommend Hilton Surfers Paradise,and especially think an apartment would be pretty fab if you had more than two guests!

Room Tip: We slept with the balcony door open to enjoy the ocean breeze and fresh air! That was the most amazi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackie T

Dear Jackie T,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regrads,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The stay was most enjoyable, we didn't want to leave.. We actually extended our stay by a day. Bonnie and Calvin, the breakfast crew in the Salt Reataurant were fantastic and could only do there upmost to ensure we enjoyed our experience

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear James T,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the compliment regarding the breakfast experience at SALT grill.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was there for the first 2 weeks of March for a business trip and had a terrible experience at the hotel. I arrived at night and was checked in promptly. The front desk staff gave me an upgrade to deluxe room on the 6th floor (which was very nice of them). However, I was very dissatisfied with because of the following:
- My clothes were thrown on the floor (i left it on the bed) on the second day by housekeeping staff.
- They repeatedly missed my laundry bag even though i left it on the desk with the completed form. I brought it down to the reception 3 times and the explanation i had was because there were rarely anyone who does laundry (???)
-They did not refill the laundry bags and forms, thus i had to keep requesting for new ones.
- They were late in returning the clothes.
- There was hair on my bed. Not mine (different color).
- There was hair in my food (breakfast @ Salt). Room service food was quite a rip off too. The fish and chips portion of fish was tiny! It was labeled as a snack in the menu. That's some expensive snack at $24.50!!! The steak I ordered was dry and overcooked too.

Despite the fact that I told reception 3 times about the laundry issues. It was only when Brendan (IT manager) who came to fix my phone line, did he bothered to find out with housekeeping abt my laundry. I was moved up to the 11th floor during my stay but the noise levels from the clubs were still quite loud. Wanted to make an international call but the phones didnt work. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear H L,

Thank you for providing your feedback following your stay, I appreciate the opportunity to learn from your experience.

I am terribly sorry that we did not meet your expectations and apologise for the inconvenience experienced with your laundry and shortcomings with housekeeping and food and beverage. I have shared your insights with the team so we may continue to improve what we do.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and please do let me know if you plan to travel back to Surfers Paradise in the future, I would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a stay that truly meets the standards we strive to achieve.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just had 3 nights at the Hilton. Loved the hotel, it's smart and stylish with excellent bathroom products, it's just what the Gold Coast was lacking. Our room looked over the pool (which is about 50 metres so easy to do laps in) and was on the 13th floor. The outdoor area downstairs has been done really well with lounges and cabana's to lounge around and get some sun. Outside of course you are right in the thick of things, if you're looking for the central SP experience look no further. I only hope the rest of SP follows the Hilton example, the other shops and restaurants around are looking tired and dated. Salt restaurant is lovely for dinner, it isn't cheap but the food quality is excellent. The Club floor is also worth splashing out for if you've got the money, each night they have drinks and canapes from 6-830pm which is great and they provide a morning continental breakfast. Had only one issue with the hotel which they resolved quickly (our room wasn't cleaned on the Sunday). The only other problem I had was the music from the clubs down on Cavill avenue, you can hear the thumping until 4am which becomes very frustrating. Hopefully the hotel can look at other insulation options.

Room Tip: Not facing Cavill Ave
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear peteonholiday,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that the facilities provided met with your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and we look forward to seeing you back on future travels.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed in a 2 Bedroom Deluxe Ocean View Residence for 2 nights and stayed in a Deluxe Ocean View Room here for 1 night also. If you can't afford the Sea Temple then Hilton is the next best option, the only thing that keeps letting them down is the patchy service.

Rooms: Residence apartment was new, clean and spacious. Bed was really comfortable as were all the other furniture. Having 2 bathrooms was good and they were a good size too, bathroom amenities were also good quality. Nice wrap around balcony had views of the ocean and the hinterland.
Deluxe hotel room was also well sized with another comfy bed and big tv. Bathroom was a fair size and balcony had views of the pool deck and the ocean.

Facilities: Pool deck area is almost as good as the Sea Temple next door with 1 huge outdoor and indoor pool plus a number of smaller outside ones. There was also a sauna and a big indoor spa. Also an outdoor pool bar but wasn't open any of times i was down there annoyingly. Had the buffet breakfast one morning and was pretty impressed with the range of options and quality of the food. Staff in the restaurant were attentive and always quick to check if you needed anything.

Service: With only two staff on the front desk there was always a long line but nce you finally got to talk to them they are always friendly and helpful but the whole place felt understaffed. I called "Magic" several times and it just rang out for over 5mins before i finally gave up! Stayed in a few Hilton Hotels and never had to wait that long before.

Location: Location is great right on Cavill Ave and just across the road from the beach. Hundreds of restaurants, shops and pubs all within walking distance.

Value: Wotif mystery deals are the best way to get cheaper rooms/apartments here. If you have to pay full price i'd rather pay the same and stay at Sea Temple.

Room Tip: Ocean view and higher the floor the better
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Aussie MuTT,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that in general your stay appears to have met your expectations. I have noted your feedback regarding the pool bar which is open at weekends during low seasons weather permitting.

I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by having to wait for a response from magic and some delays at the front desk, I have shared this feedback with those responsible.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Was looking forward to staying at the Hilton. The room was fantastic. The location was perfect if you want to be close to busy Cavill avenue. The food lets this place down. I love a hot breakfast when on holidays. My breakfast was appalling - undercooked and served cold.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Highwaytime
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Highwaytime,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate you feedback.

I am sorry that your stay did not fully meet your expectations and have noted your feedback regarding breakfast.