“if only we had a bigger balcony!”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Fremantle, Australia
“if only we had a bigger balcony!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

we got a gret deal of wotif $300 and something for a 2 bedroom apartment the only downside was the balcony was sooo small there were 4 of us but only room for 2 on the balcony, and it was facing the other buildings, other than that nice room, great helpful staff but I would have been gutted if we paid the rack rate

Room Tip: make sure you get a room with a view and a balcony that can fit more than 2 people!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Joe H,

Thanks for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was good to see that in general you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and residences. Hopefully we will see you back soon.

Best regrads,

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here Dec 2012 /Jan 2013 and the apartment was spacious, clean with beautiful views. The Spa treatments were good value for money and the staff very friendly, yet polite. Pool area is practical, though we haven't used it much, as the ocean was very close and the weather was perfect...Good coffee and food, excellent customer service! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear yahix,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel and Residences and very pleased your expectations were met at our Eforea Spa.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Traveling with another family with kids we had a great stay at the Hilton. Very easy check in and we got two large rooms next to each other on the 27th floor. Superb view over the Pacific Ocean. The bedrooms and bathrooms where rather small but this was compensated with a large living room / kitchen. Great balcony with table for 4-6 person. The pool area is great both for kids and parents and the service around the bar and the pool was excellent. We had many tasty drinks and probably the best mixed Bloody Mary served in Oz. Nice clean towels and plenty of sun beds in the pool area. Every morning was a feast at the luxuries breakfast buffé. I just love the fact that they got an asian food corner. We liked the Hilton and the beach but the rest of Surfers Paradise is just tacky.

Room Tip: As high up as possible and with a ocean view. Definitely include breakfast in the price.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Erik S

Thanks for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for recommending the Bloody Mary at the Pool Bar.

We look forward to seeing you back.

Regards,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I would like to say this was by far the best hotel Gold Coast has to offer. We arrived on the 13th of jan. checked out on the 27th. I came to qld every 3 months on business. Stayed in many hotels. This is close to everything, the pool areas are fantastic. Our room on the 45th floor was clean and really came with great views. The food was also great. Salt bar grill. Is a must. Best rip eye steak I have ever had. Special thanks to Lena and Anna. They were really helpfull upon arrive and during our stay. Lena helped with my booking of my room. She was a delight to deal with. My wife and I are very great full. Hope to be back at Hilton soon.

• Stayed January 2013
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear danny w,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your holiday at the hotel and will certainly pass on your feedback to Lena and Anna who will be delighted.

We hope to see you back soon.

Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at the hotel around 10 months ago. Check in was easy - They let me in to my room early and gave me a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom residence. As it was just me there was ample room, even if my husband and 3 children has stayed too it would have been fine space wise.
Great view, a little outside street noise during the night (but it was a saturday - no surprises) and comfy bed.
I ordered breakfast for the morning, which unfortunately was below average. Cold, and not the quality what you would expect.
All in all enjoyed my stay and will return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Lauren D,

Thanks for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay last April and we hope to see you again soon.

Gold coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton in surfers paradise with my partner for his birthday late December 2012, the room was nice , the restaurant 'Salt' was fantastic and the the bar was great the cocktails were fantastic... But I have not received my deposit for the room back after 3 attempts of calling the hotel and them saying they are going to send a release form to my bank and waiting patiently , during this time I did call my bank each time to confirm they had sent a release form and my bank informed me they had not, I have not received my deposit back and the last time I called they said I would have it within 2 hours , I have now called for the fourth time today , my bank still had not received a release form and they still had not even attempted to send one. I stayed there over a month and a half ago and has taken at this point in time 4 attempts to retrieve my deposit back , fingers crossed they finally do what they were suppose to do over a month and a half ago , be careful with bank deposits , also we could hear the music and screams from people going out in surfers paradise , so when booking get as high as possible ! when calling up about my deposit staff were a little rude , but the hotel is Nice

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible noise is terrible at night/early morning
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bettina W.

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

Please do let me know if you are still having challenges with the pre-authorisation on your credit card.

The process of taking pre-authorisation on credit cards is standard practice to cover incidental charges that may be incurred during a guest stay. The pre-authorisation holds funds in the card but is not a charge, upon check-out the pre-authorisation is released. I am sorry that this process took longer than anticipated.

Glad to see you enjoyed your stay together with SALT grill and Fix bar and we hope that you will return for another stay soon.

Alice Springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Surfers Paradise several times while visiting family on the Gold Coast, usually just one or two nights to enjoy a little night life away from the family. It's location is very convenient for the beach and bars, restaurants and clubs. The rooms are decent and the beds comfortable. I would not consider this location for a long stay, but it is great for a weekend get away and a good value for the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Bob C,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate the feedback.

I was glad to see you had a good weekend stay with us and hope to see you back soon.