We booked the family holiday 2 adults 2 children 5+6 into the Hilton's 2 Bedroom Deluxe Residence we are currently 5 days into a 10 day stay.
Location is good in the middle of the shopping area set back from beach about 300 meters.
Check in ok if anything dull no buzz from staff seemed bored in what they were doing.
Requested a higher floor ( travel hint from other trip adviser reviews) didn't get it ,even though the booking was made and paid for in full 11 months prior,but when travelling as a young family you 9 out of 10 times get the rooms that are lower and near the evaluator as we seem to get regularly, placed on level 21, don't be fooled the floors numbers start from16 and go to 55 so in reality we were not far from road,pub,pool,party noise, bright blue lights and the continual hum of some thing on the ground, air con maybe.
Accommodation is small, very small , the photos shown on their web site are the rooms on the higher floors which are available to the minority of patrons without children, as quoted to us by staff member when we asked for a higher room?! That made us feel real good to be here.
The beds are soft but a good sleep is had, there isn't a minibar in room as stated, spending time in the room really isn't good as the furniture is small and hard, laundry equipment very noisy cant watch tv while washing clothes, room is mainly white, white walls, white furniture, white kitchen, white curtains I think you get the idea boring.
Air con in the apartment is noisy.
Room servicing isn't done daily but so far every second day.
The food store is expensive, yes you expect to pay premium but really 3/4 times the normal along with $15 a day self parking, $30 internet access really overboard but if you happy to pay premium without the knowing the reality of money its your go.
Pool areas small have to claim seating by 830am if you want a seat, yes people do expect to keep the seats all day even without them using for hours on end by placing a towel as claimed.
On enquiries around other accommodation found a better deal could be had on accommodation and for a little more money a whole level better accommodation with so much more included with the deal, a whole lot more.
In reality Hilton has been a let down but it is clean and central to cavil avenue.
Would we stay here again - no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location, while the signature restaurant Salt grill by Luke Mangan, is highly awarded and specialises in modern Australian cuisine. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel Gold Coast