“Views, Gold coast look like a little Hong Kong by the beach...these days”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed only for 1 night and really enjoyed it as nice views and balcony, felt like looking at a little Hong Kong on surfing beaches with so many buildings and more to come but great scenery and Hilton as a good location closeby to the beach, shop, tourists attractions(aqua duck, jet boat...).Staff were really nice, warm, pro., and loving their job, polished and well trained...still with beach feel attitude which was perfect...the restaurant SALT was v nice, slick, nice set up for breaky and v busy, great quality...not sure though of the deli in the lobby...as was busy-messy with check outs guests, but good design and selection...room service was fast-fresh-excellent presentation and selection...bathroom v nice, clean and comfy...will be back and the Hilton lounge upstairs is a must to chill out with some nice muesli and latte....love their uniforms too. all well runned

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Bruno B,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear your one night stay was so enjoyable. Views, location and attractions all to your liking and wonderful comments about the staff I will be sure to pass these on.

You also had the chance to experience the Executive Lounge, it's a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the views.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I remember as a kid going to the Gold Coast and being so excited to go there especially Surfers Paradise. Unfortunately in the years that have past something has gone seriously wrong and Surfers Paradise has turned into a haven for bogans and scumbags, It's a shame as the Hilton Hotel located there is absolutely stunning however the whistling that is heard in some parts of the hotel is rather annoying but I am told will be fixed shortly. The hotel has amazing facilities, a great pool, spa with flawless rooms it's a shame you have to leave it because as soon as you step out into the streets you surrounded by what has become a haven for the world's scum. In my opinion stay in Broadbeach or Coolangatta and forget Surfers Paradise altogether.

Room Tip: Occean View room is a must!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear michael d,

It is wonderful to hear you found the Hotel and its facilities amazing especially the pool and spa to name a couple.

Regarding your comments on the local area, I appreciate your feedback and I apologise on this instance it was not to your expectations.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Fernando (Assistant Manager), we wanted to thank you sincerely for your assistance during our 3 night stay .... as you know the first night was very noisy, and your help in moving us to Tower 2 made all the difference. You were calm and very courteous and had great intent towards turning around our experience. You did that very well and we really appreciate it. It really capped off our ten day holiday and we are grateful. We will come back again. J and P

Room Tip: Tower 2 - high up if you can get one
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear James L,

I am very pleased to hear Fernando looked after you and turned your visit around. Fernando is a great asset to the company and I will be sure to pass these comments on to him.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We ended up at the Hotel and Residences via a mystery deal on wotif. The two bedroom apartment was well equipped with two bathrooms, kitchen, living room and beach views. It was especially interesting to view the array of architecture via the view reflecting the changes in the Gold Coast glitter strip over the years.
The reception staff were friendly, helpful and patient as it was very busy being a Saturday night and they were booked out. The foyer areas between the buildings are very generic and not a place you want to hang out in but maybe that is the message they are sending.
There were three lifts for Tower One but only two were operating and there was a very long wait.
The mystery deal was good value but unless you were splitting the cost certainly not worth the Rac rate. I would stay there again if I went to Surfers Paradise but have to say it will be a long time between visits as the tacky image of this part of the Gold Coast is still larger than life!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear AnnaBrisbane,

It's great to hear you were happy with your residence and found it suitable for your stay. The view from the residences is wonderful and does give you a chance to appreciate the changing architecture.

Thank you again for your feedback we take it all on board and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise very soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This my second stay and my first was great and reflected in my previous review on trip advisor. All was going well until I entered the room. The white doona cover had a very obvious large black stain on it. You could not miss it so obviously something house keeping ignored when they made the bed. So it wasn't a surprise to see a build up of soap scum on the glass shower screen. I am not one to try and find fault but the above items we very obvious and would have been very easy to fix if the house keeper cared about their work. The next issue was the noise. My previous room was not facing the street so noise was not an issue then. It's time I was on level 3 overlooking e street and the night clubs. Impossible to sleep and this ruined the stay. Based on previous reviews it appears Otis Hilton policy to allocate these noisy rooms to those that book discount rates as I did this time. I can understand that if the hotel is full but on my stay mid week there were not many people around. So rather than allocate a room that is not noisy in what was probably a half empty hotel, I had a terrible stay and will not return. On check out I was asked about my stay and so advised of the noise and the receptionist told me he would put a comment in my profile to have a quite room next time. I thanked him for this and asked who if anyone actually wants to stay in a noisy room? He looked at for a moment considering my question and so I officered that I suspect no one wants to stay in a noisy room so he should probably update everyone else's profile as well. Very disappointed and can't see a reason to return given risk of another noisy room.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep......stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Jarrod H,

I understand your frustration in relation to the cleanliness of your room this is not up to Hilton standard and I do apologise it has hampered your stay.

In regards to your comments about the noise we are currently working with local authorities to find a way to minimize the noise around our hotel and in this instance I do apologise for the disturbance.

As part of a new initiative at Hilton Surfers Paradise I welcome guest feedback at any time during your stay and prior to departure. Please feel free to contact my office directly on karlie.sims@hilton.com . Our philosophy at Hilton Surfers Paradise is “yes, we can” and we want all our guests to enjoy the true Hilton experience.

Thank you for your feedback as it’s all very important for our development. I hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton through a mystery deal with wotif. I felt the staff were friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast at salt was OK - although a disappointment compared to the Sydney Hilton at the Glass Brasserie. The Food Store food selection was good.

Lastly, the noise at night was shocking. The hotel is actually not that high up and has a maximum of 15 floors. If you do need peace and quiet and are a light sleeper this isn't the hotel or you. As another reviewer said, noise goes to the morning - even on a Monday night! And then come the garbage trucks.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear birchgrove_111,

I appreciate the wonderful comments about our staff and will be sure to pass these on. The Food Store is a wonderful area to sit and enjoy a coffee.

We do receive a number of comments about the noise outside our hotel and we are currently working with local authorities to try and reduce this I do apologise this impacted your stay.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Grabed a night away at Surfers and chose to try the new Hilton - checked the reviews; wasn't sure what to expect - The hotel takes a bit of orientating to work out where things are. My wife and I loved the place. Spectacular views, amazing rooms with floor to ceiling glass, great pool/spa/sauna and outdoor area. A real professional bar set up will knowlegable bar staff who mixed me a perfect Manhatten cocktail. Pretty well all you could expect for a breakfast buffet backed up with a full team of skilled chefs preparing endless extra dishes and catering to the whims of the morning dinners. Don't expect another clone resort. Its better than that - thank very much you Hilton people.

Room Tip: get a bed and breakfast package
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Steve2626,

It sounds like your stay exceeded all expectations which is wonderful to hear. The views in the rooms are fantastic and contribute to a relaxing atmosphere. The pool area is very unique and always a good place to spend some time.

Fix bar has a number of sensational cocktails and the bar staff are very knowledgeable.

I appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise.