“Amazing location, brand new hotel, pleasure to stay!”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing location, brand new hotel, pleasure to stay!”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We currently travel in Australia on our honeymoon and this has clearly been the best hotel we've been to during our one month travel so far!

This hotel is located straight in the centre of Surfers Paradise where all the entertainment is. The location couldn't be any better.

The rooms are super clean and beautifully arranged. Everything in the room is made to make the guests comfortable.

The parking is very reasonable for the location - $15 per night.

We were welcome with a card and champagne for our honeymoon. Very nice!

We loved this hotel and would recommend it to others.

1 Thank Danfarkas
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Danfarkas,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am delighted to hear that your experience with us during your Honeymoon travels has been so memorable.

The location of the Hotel caters to a variety of needs and we are very excited to be able to offer the luxury of the Hilton alongside the energy and vibrancy of Surfers Paradise.
I hope that the rest of your Honeymoon travels are as memorable.

David Kelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Last minute trip with my two teenage sons, just realised the Hilton was open for business.(marketing yet to hit sydney). What a gem, check in staff were amazing we were upgraded to exec floor, rooms were good size with a balcony. Leah's team in the lounge were faultless thanks guys the boys think it was the best time ever!. The views of the the greatest beach in the Australia were second to none with a touch of class. Quick surf after a brilliant breaky in Salt then we had to come back down to reality. Don't think about it, just do it!

Dear Oarsomedude,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at Hilton Surfers Paradise and highlighting our fantastic team. I am happy to hear that your trip with your sons was so enjoyable and we were able to make your stay with us memorable and your sons enjoyed the Hotel and the proximity to the beach.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Booked direct via Hotel website and got an advance non refundable rate of $220 per night over Fri and Sat nights, which was pretty good when comparing to other 'discount' web sites. I live in Brisbane and it was our wedding anniversary so we decided to venture to Surfers for a couple of nights. My wife and I are both experienced travelers for work and pleasure. Hotel is in a great location in Orchid Ave, which is the night club centre, just off Cavil Ave Mall. We are too 'old' (30's) for the club scene, but a great central spot. On check in, the reception were very quick and friendly, with a concerted effort to look me in the eye, smile and welcome me. We were on the 4th floor looking out over the pool. The rooms are excellent with a very modern and up to date design. It had discrete and separate dressing/wardrobe area, separate sitting room with desk and large bathroom with floor to wall windows (remember to close the blind!). IPOD dock and wall mounted TV/DVD finished things off. The room design it something others should look at as it worked so well. We had booking for dinner in Teddar Ave (Main beach) but after looking at the bars/restaurants etc decided to eat in. The food is excellent and a cut above most. The service, something that can make a break a stay, was excellent. I can honestly say that everyone I encounter were friendly, helpful and efficient. My wife had a day spa treatment and is still raving about it.

Now, the only thing I can fault, and I am splitting hairs, is that there are signs around saying that credit cards are subject to a 1.5% surcharge. Now I know this is the merchant fee and comes at a cost to the hotel, but for a 5 Star Hotel, this comes across as 'penny pinching' and not in keeping with a hotel of this standard. I have no issue in paying for this cost, so they should just add 1.5% to the base costs and include in the rate. I mean, how many people pay cash for hotel accom. anyway? As I said, not a huge issue but appeared odd for this class of hotel. Overall, I would return any day and a recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a touch of luxury

Room Tip: Any of the higher rooms may provide a better view and ocean glimpses
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Jarrod H,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the celebration of your anniversary was a memorable occasion at the Hilton. We really encourage our team to engage with all our guests and I am delighted to hear that you and your wife were made to feel very welcome.

We always aim to provide the highest levels of service and I am very proud that on this occasion we met your expectations.

In regards to the 1.5% surcharge we are always looking at ways to improve our operations and I will continue to investigate how best to incorporate this into our pricing structure.

Thank you again for your generous feedback.

Brisbane
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed here for the weekend in a 3 bedroom unit on the 47th floor. The hotel is fantastic & central to everything. The unit was beautiful, spotless & well appointed with an amazing view from every room and I loved the big balcony. The staff were amazing & extremely helpful. We were checked in by a lovely lady called Lena who was a pleasure to deal with and the lady who checked us out was equally as pleasant. I loved the relaxed easy going attitude of the door staff who couldn't have been more helpful. Breakfast was fantastic, I would definately recommend it. My favourite part of our trip was cocktails by the pool! The pool area has a beautiful relaxed setting, great food & drink and more fantastic staff. The facilities around the pool are excellent. All in all we had an amazing weekend. I would highly recommend this hotel. I will definately be back soon.

Dear BrisbaneDaisy,

I have passed on your feedback to our team. It is great that your found all aspects of the hotel to your liking and that the service provided to you whilst staying with us made for an enjoyable weekend.

The pool is one of the favourite areas of many guests and it is great that you enjoyed the cocktails.

Gold Coast
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My Friends and I (locals of the Gold Coast) ate at Salt Grill on the weekend, expecting an amazing meal. Although the restaurant looked exceptional (like you were overseas not on the Gold Coast), the main courses were very disappointing and bland. The restaurant seemed more focused more on the branding of Luke Mangan (from advertising his signed cook books, plates, olive oil and salt and pepper shakers), than the taste of the food.

We spent over $700 on the meal and the only items of food we would recommend are side tomato, basil and goat cheese; complimentary bread and petite fours

My friend and I would not return in a hurry. The bar next to the restaurant is very funky/elegant and drinks/cocktails were very good (especially the fish bowl).

We much prefer eating on the Gold Coast at the following establishments:

Restaurant Lurleens Sirromet (Mt Cotton); Cafe Marina (Marina Mirage); Zen Chinese Restaurant ( Jupiters Casino); Taboon Middle Eastern (Robina); Robina Yum Cha; Terraces (Sheraton Mirage) and Ioesco-Cafe Cuncina Bar (Sanctuary Cove) .

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Shoshi F
Dear ShoshiF,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience of Salt grill.

It is disappoint to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations, I would like to better understand the feedback you have provided and how you think we could make further improvements. Please feel free to contact me through my assistant – ada.jones@hitlon.com

General Manager.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2011

A great hotel if you want to experience Surfer's Paradise - the Hilton steps right onto Orchid Avenue, and through to the mall - a few minutes from the beach and shops and literally right next to the entertainment strip. This is ideal if your idea of a getaway is drinks, dancing, eating and shopping, but as the Gold Coast nightclub scene can be quite rowdy this might ot be to everyone's taste.

We stayed in the standard room, the hotel is brand new, great beds and pillows, a very large bathroom with great shower pressure and we also had a neat balcony, however in truth, views over the older rundown buildings of the Cavill Mall isn't a fantastic view.

The pool area is great - a large shallow outdoor pool and both a heated indoor pool. You can also book to use the Barbeque area if you want to make your own meals. The large spa is great as you don't feel as bas squeezing in with strangers which can occur in other hotels. There's also a very nice outdoor bar which wasn't particularly busy due to poor weather but the atmosphere and lighting looked great after dark.

The only downside was the poorly laid out check in/check out desk. There isn't a proper line up system and only 2 desks occupied it took a long time to check out. A really really long time. There was a queue of about 15 people who were getting very irate. It took over 25 minutes. I would advise people to use the Easy/Fast checkout option.

Overall though, this being a brand new, modern hotel, there were no surprises that you can get when the rooms are older than the pictures suggest. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. As a travel agent I will be recommending this hotel over any other in surfers paradise.

I could not fault this hotel in any way. Amazing staff who were more then happy to help with anything. Rooms were stunning and beds were so comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Dear Marnie15,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay and experience at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

It is fantastic to hear that you found the hotel so enjoyable and we pride ourselves on being a team that is engaging and welcoming to all those that visit the Hilton.
Guest comfort is one of our highest priorities and I am delighted to hear that you found the facilities to your liking and will be recommending us to others.

Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton should you visit us again.