“Up There With The Best !”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We have just returned after a 2 night stay at the Hilton Surfers Paradise.This was our second stay there. We were very kindly upgraded to an ocean view room which was very much appreciated.The front desk staff - Joseph and Anna were very professional and most importantly welcoming.Other staff whom we didn't get names of were excellent in their attitude also.

We have stayed at many good establishments in Australia and Asia and till now we have ranked the Pan Pacific (Marina) and Shangri-La in Singapore as the best. We can now say with great pride that we have a first amongst equals in our own back yard.

Looking forward to many more pleasant stays at the Hilton Surfers Paradise and congratulations to all the wonderful staff who give credence to the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Knight59
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Dear Knight59,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

We pride ourselves on delivering the Energy of Surfers combined with the Style of Hilton, and I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the resulting high levels of customer service that all of our guests can expect to receive when staying at the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, the team and I look forward to welcoming you to Hilton Surfers Paradise for many more stays.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel

Reviewed June 5, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here over the weekend and was amazed at the whole hotel. The room was EXCELLLLLENTTT!!!!! The bed was AMAZING you just could sleep all day ive got too say ive never stayed in a more comfortable bed!!!!!! I just felt right at home with the amount off space in the apartment ( when i first booked it i was a little worried that it was going too be one off those little so called apartments where theres no room too move). The pool was very good as it was quiet and private. The staff were all excellent as was their dress requirements (love the blue!). The car park was also very convienient.
I'm so impressed with this apartment that ive cancelled my reservation with circle on cavill too come back to the hilton in september!
The room, the bed, the matress, the pillows, shower, the sliding doors on the bedroom (wow!), the pool, spa, location, staff = AMAZING!!
I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about staying here.
So far in surfers ive stayed at the sea world nara resort, crown towers, the chevron renaissance x 2 and ive got to say the Hilton IS THE BEST!
On the evaluation below for sleep quality and cleanliness I could rate it 1000 stars!.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank impressed18
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

Dear impressed18,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

What a pleasure to hear how much you and your partner enjoyed your stay. I am delighted that you found the beds to be so comfortable, the facilities to be so accommodating and that the service from our team has left you with such a favourable impression.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Hilton Surfers Paradise in
September!

Reviewed June 2, 2011

We've stayed in surfers Paradise many times and were eagerly awaiting the opening of the Hilton there. Finally We have a Gold Coast Hilton. Its fabulous, its exactly what we needed and we will stay again and again, every time we are on the Gold Coast.
Hospitality that can't be beaten, every luxury and convenience and it has to be the best position in Surfers! We love it, can't speak highly enough.
Oh!...just a little exy! but well worth it.

Room Tip: No street noises on high floors.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GillianIllinois
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Dear GillianIllinois

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will be your Hotel of choice each time you visit the Gold Coast!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, the team and I look forward to once again welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise in the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

Just came back from a 2 day getaway staying at the Hilton was upgraded once we got there to an ocean view room.

Staff were very friendly apon arrival and helpfull, got up to the room and what a surprise the room was awsome and big everything was perfect, the only thing that was not right was that the indoor pool was VERY COLD so they may think to heat it up a bit and also the spa button to push to make bubbles you have to get out of the spa to do it and it is very slippery on the steps coming back in.

Besides that very good hotel an once it opens I hope the prices don't increase as I will def come back

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Lycan
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Dear Lycan,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

We take pride in offering a high level of accommodation, facilities and personal service at Hilton Surfers Paradise and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the indoor pool, I have discussed your comments with our Engineering Department and we will continue to closely monitor the temperature.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Last minute getaway to SP for Easter and the Hilton was one of the only rooms we could find, paid top dollar which hurt but the location made up for it. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiwiguests
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Dear kiwiguests,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

This new hotel is going to be an absolute stunner when it opens.
Located right by Cavill Avenue, we had views across to the hills – beach views being deemed a little unnecessary during autumn.

Check-in was quick and easy, and I really appreciated the communication from Nikki on the front desk. She seemed to be the only staff member around, and was multi-tasking really well.

The rooms are great, and the in-room laundry facilities – complete with dryer – are a good idea.

The kitchen and lounge area were big enough to seat a family comfortably. I liked the large kitchen table which will easily double as a work desk with plenty of room. The rooms are well laid-out and two bedrooms sharing a bathroom doesn’t feel intrusive when sharing with family members. Decor is tasteful and minimal. Beds are - as always with Hilton - amazingly comfortable.

The balcony would have been fab if the sun was shining. It wasn’t, so we visited the café outside Reception for breakfast.

Signage for guest parking is hard to see, as the entrance to the car-park is covered by construction scaffolding. In fact, parking was the one area that lets the hotel down, although I’m sure their process will be streamlined once the hotel goes fully operational. It’s a hassle to park the car on one level and then move it to another.

I’m really looking forward to visiting the Hilton Surfers Paradise again once the hotel is fully open, and will recommend to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cold_erin

Dear cold_erin,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the friendly service that you received from Nikki upon check-in.

I agree that our residences have all of the amenities that you could possibly want, and our central location means that we are the Hotel of choice when holidaying on the Gold Coast!

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise in the near future.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

I stayed here on Feburary the 19th of this year and while the rooms and decor we're beautifully arranged I was very disappointed with the lack of care the night receptionist and security guard gave towards myself and a friend. Our trip wasn't for leisure it was of the business nature. We were working at the annual Good Vibrations Festival and while we weren't being paid to stand in a shed with no fan for 8 hours and wrist band over 50,000 people. We were pleased to know we had a nice place to rest before we made the trip home on the Sunday.

While waiting at the bottom of the hilton for my friends two other friends who were staying with us we made friends with the security guards who were guarding all the shops being built on the ground level outside the hotel. With my friend being only 19 and myself at the time 17; and both being very wafelike in build, the outside security guards were very lovely and kept an eye on us until my friends two friends arrived with the key.

The problems didn't begin until about 10pm. My friends' mates had invited two of their mates over for some drinks before they heading out and myself and my friend went to bed, tired from our big day working. Only to be woken at 12am to shouting from one the males staying in the apartment. A few minutes later we heard the sliding door shut and then the other boy staying with us came into our room. He explained that his mate had had too much to drink so their friends had left and he was now hiding out in the room to escape the aggressiveness.

Throughout the night his angry grew more and more to the extent that plates and cups were being thrown against walls. Myself, my friend and her mate were in the second bedroom, too scared to move. The aggressive friend made threats to us about cutting us with knives and also threatened to jump off the bacony. This went on and on until 2am when I managed to get ahold of my partner and speak to him about what was happening, he asked me what room number we were in and I couldn't remember. So I told him we were on level 13 and the two beginning numbers of the room. I also gave him directions on how to get to the room from the lift.

Shortly after that phone call he rang back telling me he had called reception and explained what was going on and that security would be up straight away. 20 minutes passed, no one came up to check. My partner called me back to let me know that he had once again phoned security pleading with them to go up and get us girls out as he was at home up at Noosa and could hear over the phone how aggressive that guy was getting but couldn't do anything proper about it. But still, no one came up.

At 3:30am after being let down by staff numerous times, my friend and I were that worried about our safety we knew it would be better to quietly try and get out rather then sit in a room where we were in danger. Upon sneaking out the front door we were attacked by glass bottles being thrown at the door behind us.

Coming out of the lift doors at reception we ran into the night receptionist and the security guard. We explained what was going on and that my friends mate was still up in the room with his very aggressive friend and all they could reply to that was. "Oh yeah, we had a phone call about that, we'll keep an ear out and if we hear anything we'll go up and check it out" It amazes me how well their hearing must be; to be able to stand in reception and hear all the way up to the thirteenth floor. That is a joke. We thought that seeing as the hilton is a world renowned hotel it would be a safe and decent place for two young girls to stay. Yet all we could do when we left the building was cry as we had no where to stay and no one to help us.

While I know that my friends mate was acting inappropriately and we unknowingly put ourselves in that position. I am very shocked that security neglected to follow their duty of care to their clients and this event has tarnished my view on the hilton company.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business