“A MUST do”

$81.30*
Brisbane City Sights and South Bank Day Trip from Gold Coast
Ranked #11 of 44 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic Hinterland Day Tours offers the best selection of Day Tours on the Gold Coast. Visit the most popular attractions South East Queensland has to offer at the best prices GUARANTEED! Compare other brochures, see our extra value for the same tours. Take up our latest offer of book any two tours and receive O’Reilly’sfull day tour absolutely FREE. Although the majority of your tour is spent at your chosen destinations, we understand that coach comfortis also an integral part of your day tour. Depending on passenger numbers, both small deluxe (21 seater) and luxury coaches are used for maximum comfort during your travel. So why not, sit back, relax and have aqualified tour guide show you the places you’d never find!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 26, 2013

As a young girl traveling alone in a big, new city it is a bit intimidating trying to find something to do. It was a real help when I called Scenic Day Tours expecting to get an answering machine since it was after hours, and someone picked up the phone! Trevor was so helpful and patient with all of my questions: where do I meet you? what do I bring? what time do we get back? The next day when I showed up early and wondering if I found my way to the right place, I called to leave a "call me when you get this, I'm not sure if I'm lost..." message, they picked up again!

The tour itself - O'Rielly's - was beautiful. Our guide was so nice and knew so much about not only the tour, but anything you asked! Be it animals, trees, Australia, history, geography... Anything I came up with - and as you can probably gather, I ask all sorts of questions - they knew it. I sat up at the front of the bus, and never left his side the whole day. My questions didn't stop from the second we started until the day was over and he not only answered them, but was excited to teach us.

I was so happy with everything I learned and saw that I booked 2 more trips! Springbrook (GORGEOUS!) and the Glow Worms. Every guide I was paired with was well versed in everything Australia, and friendly beyond belief. On our way back from the Glow Worm tour (late at night) my friends hadn't picked up their phone so I was worried they wouldn't be in town to pick me up, so our guide made a pitstop and dropped me off at my friend's house so that I wouldn't be in town at night alone.

This company is professional, knowledgeable, and incredibly accommodating. They were helpful from the start, and I left feeling like family.

My one suggestion would be to not do a day tour, then the glow worms. It's a bit much doing both back to back, and I found myself very tired at the end of it. Oh yeah, and bring a jacket: it can get chilly in the mountains.

1  Thank Shannon K

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We only had a few days in Surfer's Paradise and wanted to make the most of the sunshine before heading back to our cold & snowy home so we perused the brochures at our hotel for a tour that would get us out to see some of the countryside and was scheduled at night. The Glow Worm tour seemed the perfect fit, at $97 pp for 3 of us, it was quite an investment but we hoped it would be worth it, we were wrong!

While personnel were friendly and knowledgeable (including the driver, tourguides, gift shop operators), the tour itself was quite lacking. I don't understand what on that tour could be worth $100 each.

The "Glow Worm" stop was interesting, but the man-made grotto seemed a little "hokey" --all you could see were some tiny little lights stuck in around the rocks and they keep it pitch dark in there, warning about spiders all around, so who wants to look closely and try to verify if there are really any "worms"? Then we walked through the rainforest while our guides pointed out some interesting foiliage and wildlife (which consisted of a few mice and a well-fed possum in the trees above the gift shop).

The next stop was Springbrook Observatory. This was actually wierd -- a very cluttered office/gift shop area with a big telescope out back which was housed in a separate, but similarly cluttered building with a removable roof But, alas, it was too cloudy to actually look through the telescope so we were invited to sit on any number of chairs arranged in a circle around the room (everything from old lazy boys to retro kitchen stools). While the astronomer host was very nice and seemed knowledgeable (I would not know enough to question his authority), it just seemed very unreal. Again I question why this tour would ever cost $100pp - it's certainly not the watery tea and hot chocolate offered with sponge-cake at the observatory.

3  Thank Midwestravelers
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We cannot recommend this tour too highly. To be able to get so close to such treasures of nature as our wonderful rain forests and have the benefit of an enthusiastic and highly competent driver/tour guide like Keith made for a trip we will remember for a very long time.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful day out with beautiful scenery and the driver was an excellent tour guide, just a few of the many key highlights that made the activity worth while.
Thanks keep up the good work!

1  Thank Johnno M
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The coach arrived promptly at 7.40am to pick us from our hotel we arrived at the zoo at about
10 am. We spent 6 hours at the zoo and the guide Gary picked us from the zoo at 4.15 pm.

So we had lots of time at the zoo!
We watched the crocodile show at the zoo at about 12.30 and had lunch at the food court there.
There were many attractions at the zoo and we particularly liked the kangaroos!
There were many kangaroos lying on the big piece of grass area where we can feed, touch an
take many photos with them!

Other photo opportunities include photos with koala bear, snake and alligator.

Other interesting animals in the zoo include very colorful and beautiful birds, sleeping wombats!
elephants, giraffes, rhino, red panda, and many other animals.

There was ample time to go round the zoo.
We liked this zoo.
Only problem we had was that there was no bottled water or drinks available after about
3.30pm! So please buy drinks before 3 pm if possible !

1  Thank Lee8892