“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Costa D'Ora Apartments
Perth, Australia
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here just recently, and the apartments are well presented. Modern with close to the beach and walking distance to Surfer's Paradise and good eating spots close by. Facilities are great and include safe undercover parking. Very nice staff and alovely place to stay and prices are very good. WE WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beadfreak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was there recently with my husband and we stayed on the 2nd floor towards the back of the apartment. Although this our view is block by other apartments, I can hear the sound of the waves pounding the beach. The place is like 3 minutes walk to the beach and 5-8 minutes walk to Cavill Mall whereby there's Woolsworth, Timezone, Hard Rock Cafe, bars, eatery, boutiques, etc, etc.
They also have an underground car park with your own designated parking spot. The room is well maintained and immaculately clean. I was there for 6 nights. However, there is no change of sheets or house keeping. So you got to throw your own garbage and make your own bed. There is even a washing machine and dryer in the room. I did my laundry the last day so that I don't have to do it when I get back home. What I like most is the well equiped kitchen! It has everything like cutlery, pots, pans, cups, plates, bowls, glasses, etc etc. Since it was cheaper to cook rather than eating out, so this was very useful to me.
Just a few minute walk, is the bus-stop where you can catch bus to popular tourist attractions around surfers paradise. If you want to do any local tours, the reservation desk is able to help book if it's available. It is a free service, so just ask them. They are indeed friendly and helpful.
I would definately recommend this place to anyone and be back there myself. However, it is more suitable for couples or small family(just one child). Bigger family will require 2 units or more.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AireneT
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed with my husband in 1-bedroom apartment for 5 nights. It was very comforting place & convenient for our stay in Gold Coast. It's only 3 floors, and we were on the top one. There's no elevator, It's good to know.

The furniture was simple and useful and comforting. The Basics are there; 2 towels, a soap, a detergent for dishes and another for clothes at the washing machine cabin. The TV selection was very good and entertaining.
The location was excellent. We could It was like 5 min or less to the beach & also between 2-5 min to the heart of Surfers Paradise, shops and restaurants. I can say, that although we couldn't see the beach, we enjoyed the somehow quiet street and the beautiful sounds of the birds.

One more thing, it's more than value for money. We got a very good value & quality for the money we paid.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Battota_AA
Renmark, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed at Costa D'Ora for 9 nights and loved it. It was fantastic value - a good price (I think they reduce it during winter) and great location. Just a short walk to Cavill Mall etc., but nice to be staying in something that's not a high-rise. The staff were wonderful - very friendly and helpful. The apartment was nice. Very comfortable and a very comfortable bed (and not a cockroach in sight, unlike what the previous reviewer wrote). I would definitely stay there again if going back to the Gold Coast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katinsi
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Firstly the staff at Costa D'ora were amazing, very friendly and very helpful.
Our room however, wasn't what I expected. We asked specifically for an air conditioned room, which we were given. The air conditioner constantly leaked saturating the carpet in the apartment. Apparently all of the air conditioners do the same.
The location was great for us, close to Cavil but far enough away from the noise. Very close to the beach and some great restaurants near by.
For us the worst part, was the cockroaches. The apartment was clean, but having to kill a cockroach everytime you go into the bathroom at night isnt the best way to spend a holiday.

If we visit Surfers Paradise again, i think we will spend a little extra for something a little bigger and with a comfier bed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple