The apartment was nice. We were travelling as a group of 5, consisting of myself, my partner, my mother and my young children. We booked the apartment for 5 days.
When we arrived there i attempted to enter reception only to find the door locked. It wasnt really a good reception, small and dingee! The reception girl finally opened the door and greeted me. I filled in the forms and then got told i could not go to the room till the cleaners had been. Which i spose was fair as i was an hour early for check in. We got the key and occupied ourselves for the hour.. It would have been nice to at least leave our luggage at the hotel!
We found the location was great, beening walking distance to town. The carpart security good. The apartment was nice, bathrooms could be upgraded though. Green mould around the handle of the onsuite was not attractive.. Couldnt help looking at it every time i sat on the loo. The Paint was flaking from the shower head. It was a bit small for 5 of us, but the lounge was nice with comfy couches, and a balcony that overlooked the river and jetty. The kitchen was well equiped. Broken glass in the bucket under the laudary tub.. Must have been missed from the cleaners and left from the last guests. 2nd bedroom was really small! Every night we run out of hot water, having 2 children and 3 adults. We kept showering times to a minimum but someone still ended up with a cold shower. There was no scrubbing brush to wash pots and pans only a dish cloth! Also we didnt realise we didnt have daily housekeeping. You get a start up kit.. 1 toilet roll, and the bare basics. then you have to supply everything after you run out including dish washing liquid.. That was a pain .. Only being in the hotel for 5 days, and having to buy basics for a short period of time.. e.g. a big bottle of dishwash, toilet rolls, soaps etc!
The worst part of it was the reception... Opening hours are 8AM to 5PM.. Maybe they need an alarm clock.. I dont know how they run a business when you arnt in the office. I approached the office several times through out our stay and there was NEVER any one in!! The door was always locked. We ended up having to book our own tours etc. Even at check out at 10am in the morning there was no one there! I was not impressed.
Probably wouldnt stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfers Riverside, the name says it all! Located on the Nerang river, Surfers Riverside is situated just 5mins walk from the heart of Surfers Paradise, and just 7mins from one of Queensland's best beaches. What's even better is that while it's so close to all the action, Surfers Riverside is located in a quiet family friendly area.Surfers Riverside is a 3½ star complex, perfect for you and the whole family. It features a heated pool, outdoor BBQ and a private jetty for fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfers Riverside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Riverside Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Riverside Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise