I love it the moment I stepped into the 2 bedroom apartment. It was rather spacious & felt like home. Our apartment balcony faced my favorite Sky Point, & I occasionally hear the birds' sweet chirping. Throughout the 8 days, I slept on the comfy sofa, leaving the whole bed to my mother in law, while her 2 elderly friends occupied the other room. The apartment was fairly clean, though a few uncleaned areas were probably overlooked.
The staff were very friendly & helpful (& a little forgetful at times). I was a little disappointed that toilet paper & detergent were not provided for the 8 days, but considering that the rate was very reasonable compared to many other apartments, we felt it was ok to buy them ourselves. We got a HUGE detergent & used it to wash the utensils. We love the kitchen facilities! We also got a HUGE detergent to wash our clothes & the towels provided - the laundry facility is free anyway!
I had 3 elderly ladies with me (I was their "tour guide"). A 10 minute walk to the nearest mall for me meant 20 minutes for them. They couldn't take the cold at night (14 to 16 degrees in early September) & there wasn't any heater, but the extra blanket which the male staff "delivered" to our room did help them. I knew there's no elevator, but I didn't know we were assigned to the 3rd level, which is actually 4th level including the underground parking area. On our final day, I had to carry three 20+kg luggages & one 26kg all the way down to the parking area - I made 4 trips (the stairs are rather narrow). So do take note when booking & request for lower levels if you have elderlys with you.
I don't usually live in holiday apartments during vacation, but this is one of the better ones among the apartments I have stayed in my yearly trip to Australia. I was very reluctant to get up from my sleep & leave on the final day!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfers Riverside, the name says it all! Located on the Nerang river, Surfers Riverside is situated just 5mins walk from the heart of Surfers Paradise, and just 7mins from one of Queensland's best beaches. What's even better is that while it's so close to all the action, Surfers Riverside is located in a quiet family friendly area.Surfers Riverside is a 3½ star complex, perfect for you and the whole family. It features a heated pool, outdoor BBQ and a private jetty for fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfers Riverside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Riverside Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Riverside Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise