“Superb and excellant”

and up
Gold Coast Lamington National Park and Tamborine Mountain 4WD Eco Tour
Ranked #7 of 42 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Owner description: Southern Cross 4WD offers a range of 4WD Eco-Tours and customized packages throughout the Gold Coast Hinterland and surrounds. From Guided nature walks, animal spotting and bird feeding to off-road driving, wine tours, conferences and overnight camping, every tour is a unique experience and is catered around what YOU want to do! A day with SC4WD as a real experience not just another bus tour.Over 16 years of Hinterland Tour experience
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Superb and excellant”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Dont let the cost affect your decision in booking a full day private tour.
I would say money well spent when me, my brother and my boyfriend decides to go on this tour.

Firstly, our tour guide Royd was a excellant.
We were kinda of late in the mornings but royd was patiently waiting at grosvenor beachfront patiently for us.

He is an excellant tour guide and knows his facts and work.

the off road driving was excellant but a little bit to short. Feels like a rollar coaster and we had fun trying to spot for koalas in the trees. You can hear them but never seee them.

Trying of boomerang was fun, royd teach us how to make a good try and how to make it turn back towards us.
Next of we had my superb morning tea of scones with jam. nice morning tea, no so sweet. had long black and chocolate and cappuccino.

He shows us alot of stuff and teaches us more about tree, spiders, and turkeys

we went on the gallery walk and enjoy some club red and moon shine. Be sure to get both when u visit. Club red and moonshine is fantastic.

we also went to see a million dollar view and enjoy the tours and tree top walks.

along the way down we had an adventure of helping another camper pushing his camper van which had sunken into the soft side.
He mention that any Australian who see people in need in the mountains will usually stop to see what help they might need. My brother and boyfriend had the luxury of helping to push the camper van off and onto the road.
Unexpected experience which you never get to enjoy in singapore.

He even showed us wallabies..

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kerikeri, Northland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Helen & Margy”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This trip was the highlight of our week on the Gold Coast. Our driver/guide Royd made the trip. His knowledge of the area and its history was awesome and he also made the day fun.
Everything about the day was well done. Lovely morning tea & lunch. Some laughs with the attempts at Boomerang throwing. And we gave the whip cracking a miss but enjoyed watching the others. And it was the most comfortable 4WD we have travelled in. All in all a highly recomendable trip.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Helen D
Ashland, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Darran and Royd were really cool and laid back, yet professional. They knew their stuff and took me on a thrill ride through the mountains in the beautiful Gold Coast. The 4WD was exhilarating and a little scary, yet I felt safe the whole time. They were both courteous and on time (Darran picked me up from my hotel and dropped me off). Lunch, tea, and biscuits were all included and quite delicious! Also got to try my hand at whip cracking and boomerang throwing. I not only saw lots of wildlife but also learned a lot about Australia's diverse flora and fauna from the guides. Would absolutely come back to Australia just for another ride with them.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jessie D
Marietta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A day of fun!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Many thanks to our guide, Royd, for showing a bit of his world on our day long trip!

Many good things-
1. The hotel pickup. We did not rent a car so transportation was an issue for us.
2. The running commentary. Royd was delightful!
3. The stops. It was great driving around, seeing the koalas in the trees and experiencing hours of the country from the comfort of the vehicle (we enjoyed the ride but it is a lot of hours in the car so be prepared for that!)

I really have no negatives. There was something for everyone from my 16 year old daughter to my 75 year old father.

THanks again for a wonderful day!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank CherylGA
Guelph, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great way to get out of Surfers Paradise and see surrounding countryside”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The guides are friendly and have a great sense of humour. Boomerang throwing was a nice novelty. An ideal way to get out in the countryside and look back on the skyscrapers on the Gold Coast. Four wheel drive tracks up and down the mountain were great fun. Scones, cream and jam for morning tea also very high quality.

Visited July 2012