“Customer service is the downfall”
Review of Seafood Empire - CLOSED

Seafood Empire
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Reasonably priced casual seafood restaurant on Cavill Avenue in the heart of Surfers Paradise serving Seafood, Fish and Chips, Steaks, Pasta and More. Great Breakfasts and Coffee. Open 7 days. Seafood, Steak, Fish & Chips, Pasta, Pizza and Euro Grills.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Have eaten here many times over the last few years. The food is good, the prices are great, but the one thing it consitantly lacks is customer service. The lady that stands at the counter doesnt seem like she is very customer service focused and frankly seems as if she doesnt want to be there most of the time. We have had people trying to sell us stuff when we have been eating eg. meter maids, and different charities which i think the restaurant should ban - its rude to interupt people while they are clearly sitting down with family or friends to have a meal. The staff never really seem enthusiatic or like they really care to be there at all. There is however one older gentleman that i notice has been there for a while that seems to be quite nice everytime we go. I will probably go here again, but it would be nice if the customer service factor did pick up a bit, its not very nice when you go somewhere and the vibe/atmosphere is horrible and youre not made to feel welcome. Hoping it improves.

Richard H, Owner at Seafood Empire, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

I thank you for your honest appraisal and assure you as the owner I will be bringing this issue to the attention of my managers and all floor staff. I hope your next experience will show you better customer service.

There are newer reviews for Seafood Empire

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is one of the many restaurant's in the main part of Cavill Ave. Don't assume because it's busy that it is great. It's not bad, but a pretty basic low end restaurant, prices are fair as is the food. Certainly nothing to rave about, they seat you and then you go to the counter to order your food and drink, no table service (except they do deliver the food to the table).

Basic price with basic food, so I guess that's fair.

Richard H, Owner at Seafood Empire, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I appreciate your review and would love some thoughts about how we could make your experience better for the future. Please feel free to email me richard@fintrack.com.au

Thanks

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I will start with the plus points.It is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise,convenient location.

The prices are pretty cheap,$9 for fish and cheaps and top up $3 if you like to get a coleslaw.Cheap food prices if you compare with other restaurants in the same area.

Fish is fresh however it lacks the fragrance of a truly good deep fried fish.

Greek salad veggies are not fresh and Greek salad dressing lacks the authentic taste.

Overall if you need a quick lunch/dinner fix,may consider.However there are plenty of restaurants in the area that will offer you better food if you have a higher budget.food prices ranges from $14.90 to $24.90 for mains,do keep a lookout for their specials menu which offers mains at lower prices.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I should have taken the advice of the people that gave this place bad reviews on Trip Advisor. I had cravings for lobster and ordered a lobster mornay, which I though was overpriced for such a small piece. The meat was very dry and obviously not fresh. We had to wait a very long time to be served. Also, there are no waiters that take your order so we had to go to the counter to order. Not a great selection of seafood considering this place is called 'Seafood Empire'. The atmosphere is very loud and busy with only an outdoor seating area. My friend ordered the spicy octopus on a sizzling plate, however there was no spiciness to it at all, it was very bland and looked like octopus drenched in a tomato based pasta sauce. There was more rice on the plate than anything else. We were very disapointed.

1  Thank NaliRam
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was here a few months ago and it was average.. I returned yesterday with my family and it was remarkable. Food was fantastic service was great. Turns out it under new management .. We went for breakfast and dinner absolutely fabulous . Highly recommended. Yum yum yum.. Give it a go guys you won't regret it.