“Mount Tambourine Lamington National Park and O'Reillys”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of JPT Tour Group

and up
Glow Worm Cave and Natural Bridge Tour from Gold Coast
Ranked #23 of 42 Tours in Surfers Paradise
Ballarat, Australia
“Mount Tambourine Lamington National Park and O'Reillys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Well it rained. But that was fine as we Victorians are used to that!!!! What made this a really memorable trip into the hinterland was Chris Montgomery. What a gem! The knowledge this man imparted on us was fabulous. My son (15) and my girlfirend and I had a great day out learning about the history of the area and what pioneers the O'Reilly family were. The treetop walk was great too and I was lucky enough to purchase a jumper at the Alpaca farm. We really did appreciate the friendliness of Chris, particularly when he advised us of a Bear Grylls trick with rain ponchos. I would recommend this to anyone, young or old.

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A day out in Brisbane”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was in Brisbane for business and ended up having to stay over a weekend. I took this opportunity to see Brisbane so I booked myself a day tour with JPT on their Brisbane's best tour. I'm so glad I did because the day was full of wonderful sights and interesting stories about the city I would have never have seen/heard about If I explored the city myself. We also had a trip down the Brisbane river on a ferry and a ride on the wheel of Brisbane. Later in the day we went to Lone Pine koala sanctuary and also a stop at Mt Coot-tha! All of this in 1 day!! The value of this tour was simply outstanding!!

1 Thank Lisa J
New Plymouth, New Zealand
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Mt Tamborine and O'Reillys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Good day out with variety and friendly bus driver.. Picked up on time at agreed location. Vehicle seating was cramped. If you have long legs pick a front seat as it can get very uncomfortable very quickly.
Just about the right amount of time at the stops.

Burleigh Heads
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL DAY TRIP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

My daugher (13) and I attended a whole day tour with JPT Tours to Tamborine Mountain and O'Reilly's Rainforest Walk in the Lamington National Park. Our talkative bus driver was friendly and courteous. The first stop was the Alpaca Farm where we were able to have photographs taken with a young alpaca. There was a gift shop where I could buy woollen goods,, plus a snack bar downstairs and a lovely view from the back verandah of beautiful, mountain scenery.

Our next stop was The Gallery Walk on Tamborine Mountain, which is a main street crammed with restaurants and shops filled with arts and crafts, and Australian souvenirs. My only criticism is that we didn't have enough time there. I loved it so much.

Our third stop was O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat (luxury resort hotel) set on top of the mountain. We were able to feed beautiful parrots there (purple and scarlet) by purchasing bird seed from the nearby gift shop (excellent for presents for family back home).

The highlight of my day was the treetop walk. I loved walking along the suspension bridge, high above the rainforest and took heaps of pictures. I just wish someone had told me to wear shorts, not a dress. There is a ladder for you to climb up a hugh tree to reach an amazing viewing platform. My daughter climbed it and told me the view was fantastic. Unfortunately, as I had a dress on, I was unable to climb up to see for myself. We loved our day.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Diane P
Kuala Lumpur
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Avoid JPT Tours/Daytours”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

We booked one of their tours,the World Heritage Tour a day in advance with credit card payments but on the day they were supposed to pick us up from the hotel, they did not turn up. They claim their driver waited but we did not turn up but the fact is we waited right in front of the prominent Crown Plaza hotel for an hour with the hotel staffs being our witnesses. The refused refund. Avoid this con company at all costs

2 Thank badthriller
AllyGatJPT, Public Relations Manager at JPT Tour Group, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
On behalf of JPT Tour Group, Queensland's largest operator, I wish to say we are sorry you missed a great day out. We have every measure possible in place to ensure a smooth pick up of guests including taking mobile telephone numbers where possible, highly visible buses with the company logo on them and a hotel concierge contact to ring the guest room if they are not waiting in the designated spot.

We are in the business of creating special memories of Queensland for holidaymakers and regret that you had this experience. In future, if you are ever confused about a pickup point, you are best advised to wait in the hotel foyer.

Naturally our drivers have many people to pick up enroute to Tamborine Mountain and the Rainforest Skywalk for the World Heritage Tour and guests need to take some responsibility for being punctual and in the right place. We in turn, investigate every incident such as this to ensure our system is as thorough as possible and to avoid grief for our staff and customers.

I do hope you enjoyed your Australian vacation and this was the only mishap!