“No air con!”

Sleeping Inn Backpackers
Swansea, United Kingdom
“No air con!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed in a 6 bed room, in a 14 person female apartment with 2 toilets and one shower between us all. Luckily only there one night but the room should have only had 4 persons and not 6. There was no ventilation and all persons in the room said they couldn't sleep. I've experienced nothing like it.
Also, its a party hostel, something happening every night so if you don't want to get involved in that, don't expect bed before 10.30pm as the noise is something not to desired. But the staff are fab - friendly and helpful with pick up and drop off at the hostel.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you are planning to go to surfers paradise in the summer do not stay here. A fan or two wouldn't go amiss even if they were just in the communal areas. I've never been so hot in my life, we couldn't sleep. Other than that staff were quite friendly, but the place is pretty run down and beds were so squeaky you couldn't move without waking everyone up in your room. I would not come back to this hostel again.

Room Tip: Try and get one with a balcony so you can get some fresh air!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We arrived late, but staff were very friendly and helpful. Happy to make sure our short stay in Surfer's was enjoyable. We weren't there long enough to know much, but what we saw of the place was excellent and it's in a good location close to the main street.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed here with a group of friends on a trip down to Byron. We were only going to stay one night but we extended 2 more time! The dorm rooms are like self contained apartments with their won kitchen and bathrooms. We spent most evenings having beers on the balcony and getting involved in the nightly activities. Really easy to meet new people. Great pool, free wifi and a top location just near the heart of the city centre. Milka and the rest of the team were a great help, sorting us out with things to do while we were there. Would defo recommend to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was staying at Sleeping Inn for 1 week. I loved it so much. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the nights out were great as well! The Rooms were not bad at all. I shared the kitchen and the bathroom with 7 others. The beds weren't very comfortable, but who needs sleep?
I can really recommend this hostel to all the backpackers!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Orange County, California
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was intending to stay at Sleeping Inn Backpackers during my short stay through Gold Coast. However, I had some problems with flight booking and realized last minute that I had booked a day earlier than I was suppose to. I contacted them as soon as I could, which unfortunately fell within 24 hours of my arrival (but not by much). Well, when I landed in Gold Coast I got an email from the manager, Mirka, that she was going to charge me anyway and "sorry for the inconvenience." I've worked in the hospitality industry for many years, and typically we realize that stuff happens in travel and try to accommodate the traveler.

So ya, I get that I should have realized my mistake a few hours earlier, but in my opinion, I don't think anyone should stay at a place that prioritizes money over hospitality...especially when they are in the hospitality industry. There are other options out there, which is why I spent the rest of my time in Surfer's Paradise elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jordan C
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the sleeping inn. Large spacious apartments with the dorm rooms, great communal area with a fantastic selection of films, free WiFi, affordable food deals and free entry to a different club every night. The staff were extremely helpful and focused on ensuring you had a great stay. If you want to meet lovely people and enjoy a party atmosphere then this is the best place to stay. Thank you for a great stay guys.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends