“Ideal for a short stay for backpackers!”

Sleeping Inn Backpackers
“Ideal for a short stay for backpackers!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here for just the one night, But what a great place. Staff were friendly and helpful on arrival, and we had somebody escort us to our room. She told us about the events happening that night and suggested we tag along. So we did, met new people from around the world and went out partying! Had a great time. Rooms are pretty basic, but it's ideal for a short stay, good value for money ! Free wifi too so can't complain!

• Stayed August 2012
SleepingInnResort, Manager at Sleeping Inn Backpackers, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you very much for the lovely review. This puts a smile on our face. A shame you couldn't stay a little longer to enjoy all the different nightly events. We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels.

The Sleeping Inn Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The common area near our room had a REALLY strong smell of urine. Also the tv and internet room is a non insulated garage, very cold, wrap up warm if u plan on going there. Staff were friendly and helpful though to be fair.

• Stayed July 2012
Hi there

What a review!
Luckily we are located in Australia's Sunshine State and have over 300 days of sunshine per year. As you spent your stay in the middle of winter we apologise that it wasn't a bit warmer and you couldn't enjoy your stay as much.
We are confused about your comment regarding the smell...we have never noticed this ourselves as our hostel gets cleaned every day for several hours (inside and outside!!)

We hope you have a great time on the rest of your travels
The Sleeping Inn Team

Travelers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2012

its soo easy to meet people, staff is very friendly, there free bbq is only bread and saussage lol! the room were small but each 2 rooms has a shares tv room, fridge and kitchen . so you dont share everything with 70 other backpackers. great location, and activities organized for backpackers are fun! would go back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Sleeping Inn Backpackers, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Hi Vansi,
Great to hear from you and I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us.
Enjoy the rest of your travels and keep in touch on facebook.

The Sleeping Inn Team :-)
london
Reviewed June 22, 2012

4 of us stayed here for a week and had a fantastic time! They organise BBQ nights all u can eat pizza and big nights out! The staff were always friendly and made you feel welcome. We even got picked up in a limo(nice touch) Loved movie night as well!
The rooms were ok felt a bit costa phobic at times when we was all trying to get ready!
Good that it's got a swimming pool too which has naked bathing after 10pm haha!!!
Good place to stay for groups of friends and people lookin for a good time to socialise!!
Down side was the sofa in the rooms I flet violated after hearing some stories!!!

• Stayed February 2012
, Manager at Sleeping Inn Backpackers, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Hi Nikki,

Thank you so much for your review I love hearing from all of our guests!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and come see us again sometime.

The Sleeping Inn Team :-)
Inverness
Reviewed February 13, 2012

After reading the other reviews I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised to be directed to a 4 bed room. Another 4 bed room, in small apartment. Shared kitchen/living and bathroom.

Activities on nightly, from pizza night / bbq / movies projected on a big screen by the pool. Clean and good staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
SleepingInnResort, General Manager at Sleeping Inn Backpackers, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Sleeping Inn.

Have a great day.
Skipton/Leeds
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Dirty dirty dirty please don't stay here it's horrible. I don't mind staying somewhere small old run down etc... But this place had not been cleaned in I don't know how long it's the worst place I ever sayed the fridge was full of old food and the shower full of soap scum and plug hole blocked by other ppls hair ewww there was a fan in the room and it was a record hot day I went to turn it on and as I did I saw some thing move yes it was a cockroach under the bed we captured it and threw it out of the window but let's just say I was not looking forward to sleeping the thankless we were only staying 1 nite. Also the area was dodgy as hell car speeding up and down the street racing and just really odd looking ppl around didn't feel safe at all and I had not felt like that in oz before was everyone is very friendly. My advise pay that little bit extra to get a nicer place it will be worth it in the long run not that this place was cheap.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank emily_lu2003
Hi Emily,

Thank you for your review firstly I would like to apologize that you were not happy with the room.
Upon check in it was very late and our rooms are thoroughly cleaned every morning. By this time of the evening rooms, especially the female dorm you were in can get a little messy due to everyone’s own possessions.
I can assure you we clean every day and any problems I will always personally address myself so would have loved you to explain this to me upon check out.

Enjoy the rest of your travels.
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Double bookings seem to be common place at the sleeping inn, it would seem that any sense of order would seem like chaos to the totally dysfunctional staff at this strangely bemusing place. the look on the face of the management every time a reasonable request was made was nothing short of shocked and stunned. if not for the younger efficient staff nothing would ever get accomplished in the sleeping inn.
the mattress were very comfortable if you were a prisoner of war. The rooms were sauna like temperatures, i was half expecting to be issued a white towel and be whipped with leaves as part of the Switzerland tradition, it was that hot. Every room had their own kitchen which was a brilliant idea which confused me because the sleeping inn was pretty short on brilliant ideas. The location was very good and handy to everything but unfortunately the sound intrusion from other rooms and the TV room disappointed these positive aspects . in short unless you enjoy being punished by sleeping on paper thin mattress , slow roasted by hot rooms and subjected by noise torture not to mention the mindless management style then this is the place for you. happy travels.

Room Tip: room 7 is the hottest room available
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cheekybuggeryouhey
Hi,
Well what a review. It would be great to know your name as I could check our booking chart. You have explained the noise from our TV room was disturbing however room 7 which you imply you stayed in is not near our TV room so this is slightly confusing? Also my management team are more than capable to deal with any request put to them so I am surprised you have such a negative opinion. I would have happily supplied you a new mattress upon your request but I am presuming you failed to ask reception for this? I would also like to know how you managed to stay if as you say we were overbooked? Also January is summer in Australia so happens to be the hottest time of the year I would of again happily provided an extra fan for you if you needed it.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Kind Regards