Wyndham Surfers Paradise
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
$136
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
$368
$243
Agoda.com
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$145
$120
  • Beachfront
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$186
$153
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$94
$92
  • Restaurant
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$149
$116
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
$171
$139
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$119
$99
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbbq areathe gold coastone bedroom apartmenthinterland viewfull kitchentop floorwasher and dryerlarge balconygood sizeliving roomtram stationbottle shopcavill avelight railpacific fairthe air conditioningacross the road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We are Worldmark SP Club owners and expect a certain standard when visiting resorts. This resort didn't disappoint. Upon arrival I was a little dubious due to surrounding buildings being of a lesser standard, but upon entering Wyndham my fears disappeared. The bar/cafe (the first thing we saw) is lovely and the reception staff can't do enough for you. Our welcome was fantastic!

They were unfortunately experiencing unsightly roadworks and noise during our stay but this is due to the light rail being put through. Once completed it will make this resort even more desirable! The resort is already centrally located with shops and a multitude of restaurants as well as Cavill Ave and the beach within walking distance, but the tram will open up so much more of the coast!

The pool/spa/gym and bbq area is beautiful. Rooms nicely appointed. Gorgeous views with floor to ceiling glass doors and windows throughout.

Comfy beds and pillows and everything you could need in the apartment. The staff even made up the sofa bed ready for our arrival! Lovely touch!

I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thanks to the staff and management of Wyndham Surfers Paradise. You are a credit to the Worldmark SP Club!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Julie B
WYNSurfersParadise, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2014

Hello Lynda S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we really do appreciate it. We would love to welcome you back to our beautiful property very soon. Feel free to drop us a line at surfers@wyn.com or call us on 0755 796 520 to speak with our Reservations team if you are travelling to the Gold Coast again.

Until then....

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I recently completed a 4 night stay at Wyndham. We were extremely happy with the apartment and service provided by the hotel staff. While the rooms are not serviced (which we prefer) unless you stay for a longer period the hotel staff make every effort to help you out during your stay. Location is perfect for going out and eating in surfers and also for travelling around as the bus stop is less than a 2 minute walk.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucyde12

Hello Lynda S,

Until then....

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed with my family in their 2 bedroom apartment.. It was 17th floor .. the view were great, it looked nice as we entered but it all ended there ... The furniture looked ancient and broken ( I found a nut from the table and had to fix it back so that it doesnt fall on my kid , there was a metal thing hanging out from lounge which actually caused laceration to my leg). Service is non existent.
They charged me quiet a bit of money but they did not service even once during our 4 day stay.. If you need any replacement only way you MIGHT get it is by going down to reception yourself and even then you are not guaranteed. Compared Oaks, Essence, Quest etc staying here felt like living in a third world country hotel ( well rather I think they are even better than Wyndham).

Room Tip: If you unfortunately do decide to stay here go for the top floors and ocean facing...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DrGNagaraj
WYNSurfersParadise, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2015

Hello DrGNagaraj,

Thank you for your review, apologies to have missed it from so long ago.

We would love to invite you back to experience the true Wyndham standard, in which we have built upon over the recent years since your last stay with us.

We always open the door for our previous guests to come back and allow us to right our wrongs of the past due to an experience of a shortfall.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

**Will never stay here again and would not recommend this hotel to anyone**

Initially when you walk into the room, it is nice and modern. However when I decided to try out the sofa bed which was already made, it was wet and smelled funky. We called reception who came into and felt the wet bed also. They sent housekeeping to come and change the bedding. The mattress was left while the housekeeper went to get new bedding. It was also wet and smelled of urine. We called reception again to advise them. Took them a while to take the mattress away so we were left smelling and staring at this urinated mattress. Finally it was gone and replaced with a roll away bed. We had to unplug the fridge in the middle of the night as it was extremely loud as was the constant wind noise whistling through the crack of the door.

The next morning when we expressed how annoying it was to have hopped into a peed bed, the duty manager did agree and admit how unacceptable it was she was unwilling to offer any kind of compensation. No discount, no breakfast, nothing. She would not negotiate anything and advised that a rollaway bed was provided and we still got to sleep in the room. This hotel didn't seem worried about customer satisfaction.

Paid $246 p/n to sleep in a peed in bed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
12  Thank CarrieBleh

Hello CarrieBleh,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

In summary: Poor experience in a timeshare.

In detail: If I had realised this was a timeshare resort at the time of making a reservation I wouldn't have let my travel agent book it.

We stayed at the Wyndham for a week after Christmas.

There were lots of little things that together took away from our experience. No one single thing was enough by itself, but cumulatively they were really annoying. The attitude of the staff made us feel like second class citizens. It started at check in.

We were allocated a room on the 4th floor. I had requested a high floor and an ocean view at the time of booking several months before we arrived. We got neither. I accept that we were staying at a busy time. But the response I got from the woman at reception was not believable. It went along the lines of "because you're staying for 8 nights we couldn't possibly do that."

After check in we were greeted by a host who was really only interested in getting us to the Wyndham's timeshare presentation. She added no value. All she did was delay my family getting to our room. Then we received a call asking us to attend a sales session for the time share. Surely saying no once should be enough?

The apartment wasn't clean. It demonstrated a general need for more elbow grease to be used and more attention to detail. I would swear we left the apartment cleaner than we found it.

There were cigarette butts on the balcony. The Wyndham allows guests to smoke on the balconies of the apartments and encourages it by supplying ash trays under the kitchen sink.

The queen size bed was one of those horrible ones where they push two single beds together which gives a hard ridge down the middle of the bed.

Then there was the smell from the garbage chute on our floor for the whole week. It looked like someone had blocked the chute with cushions or a pillow. I reported the issue and the blockage was cleared initially. But the smell continued as the chute was continuously full. The staff blamed the council for not clearing the garbage often enough. Said it happens every time the Wyndham gets busy. Surely if they know the problem they could hire a garbage contractor during the busy times. At least the smell didn't come into our room.

On the first 6 days of our stay we borrowed a towel at reception to use in the pool, no problem. On the 7th day we were told that we had to pay to borrow them. Only a small one off charge. But surely we could have been told earlier?

The underground car park filled up on New Year's Eve. Other guests were allowing friends to tailgate them through the security gate. Again, I'm sure it's something the Wyndham staff knew about and could have made some effort to prevent by hiring a security guard for that night.

On our final day we came back from our last trip to the beach to find our room key didn't work. I went to reception to get it fixed to be told "Oh you booked through a travel agent. Your check out time is 10am." The implication was that there was a later check out time for timeshare owners. My mood didn't improve when she charged me $40 to stay until noon. I was even less impressed when I got back to our room to find our welcome letter clearly said check out time was noon. At least they reversed the extra charges at check out.

On the plus side the Wyndham is close to the beach and right in the middle of Surfers Paradise. The apartments are reasonably well fitted out.

However there are plenty of other places to choose from.

I will give them credit. After we checked out I received an online survey. I was quite frank in my response about how poor our experience had been. An assistant manager made the effort to send an email back to me to apologise. I won't be rushing back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family