“The truth is out there?”

Wyndham Surfers Paradise
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“The truth is out there?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Checked into this room and checked the en-suite bathroom only to discover that it had not been cleaned properly. For some reason it also really stunk. The light fittings were full of dead insects and dust. When I brought the issues to the attention of the reception, they said they would send housekeeping up to clean the bathrooms. Imagine my surprise after coming back to the room to find a note indicating the rooms had been cleaned, only to discover they had not. Absolute lies. The truth is out there somewhere, just not at Wyndham.

This placed used to be good but has dropped the ball on cleanliness and customer service. We won't be staying there again.

It may be the case that the particular room had been overused due to being a two bedder with panoramic views. But it's no excuse for the dirty condition of the room.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CitySoulHighway
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Allaboutsoul,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the cleanliness of your bathrooms during your recent stay with us.

I do remember taking your call regarding this and Housekeeping were sent up to re-clean your bathrooms. Once they confirmed this had been completed I tried calling you in your room to ensure you were satisfied or if there were any further issues. After numerous attempts I could not get a hold of you in your room and didn't want to disrupt your holiday by contacting you on your mobile, so I left a message on your door to contact us if we could assist further. I have confirmed with staff, nothing further was reported. I was not aware of the dust in the light fittings so this was not reported to housekeeping to clean, although they should have noticed this and I have discussed with the Housekeeping Supervisor for future.

I would love to hear more about the customer service issue which you have mentioned we have dropped the ball on. We pride ourselves on our world class service so it is very disappointing to read that this was potentially not extended to you. If you would like to discuss this further please call 07 5579 6500.

Thank you again for your review, and I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you endured during your stay.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

True luxury in terms of space and comfort awaits you here. We spent a couple of nights here enroute to New Zealand. The owners seem to be well travelled themselves as in the efforts they have put in to create a "home away from home" for their guests. A culmination of excellent thought process manifests itself into a beautiful ,efficient and fully functional apartment.Each and every detail have been looked into with great care (and that shows) as in the upkeep of all the services which are included in your apartment. I was highly impressed by the standard of the equipments provided in the room -The fridge,The washing machines, The Cooking range and of course not miss the oven and toasters.The apartment facilities are worth appreciating.The location may be a little away from the main beach though but then the address says-"surfers paradise".
Golden aparts -at Gold Coast.

Room Tip: The coast view rooms - ofcourse!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ashish-baid
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Ash-baid,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor

This is the second time in the last fortnight we have been told we have a "home away from home" feeling, and I couldn't think of a better comment for a hotel that is trying to do just that.

We have put in a lot of effort to create a space that can feel homely but the feeling of being on holiday at the same time. With the convenience of being fully self contained with hopefully everything that you would require at home.

We are so glad to hear we have catered to your needs and thank you again for your lovely review.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you again in the future

Shellharbour, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed 4 nights there and had great service from check in to check out, the receptionist was very helpful and informative, our room was overlooking the ocean river and hinderlands which was fantastic, very clean 2 bedroom apartment and spacious and modern, I did note though the lounge was very grubby and brown stains on the armchair so I did not sit on the lounge, the dryer was not working so let reception know at 9am and got back late in the evening to a note at 12 saying the dryer had been replaced so was very happy how prompt they were.

We did not stay in there much as we did the theme parks but on the last night had a swim in the pool, was disgusted by the cigarette butts that people had put out in the sand area, especially when it is an area for children to play in, I thought maybe more attention paid to that would be good or no smoking near the area at all, there were also butts stubbed out on the ground near that ( some people have no class)

The breakfast was beautiful with a great selection of food which was hot and fresh, the lovely lady made my little boy soft boiled eggs ( even though we knew it was not on the menu) it was no trouble for her to do that which really impressed us, the only complaint I have about breakfast was there was no clearing of the plates and we had to keep putting stuff on the bar to clear the table, the four days we ate there we were there for a good 1.5 hour and a plate was never cleared which made it hard room wise but apart from that could not fault anything and would definately stay there again , thanks wyndham for a lovely stay in surfers :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sarah S
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Sarah S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate all feedback whether positive or negative, as it helps us learn what areas need improvement. Please accept my apologies for the sand not being clean during your stay. I will be following up with maintenance regarding the cigarette butts in the sand. This is to be raked and cleaned throughout the day so I will find out as to why this did not happen.

In regards to the sofa, housekeeping are to report any marks so we can arrange a cleaner to come in as soon as possible, before the guests arrive. I do not have any information on which room you stayed in, but I will make sure that housekeeping start re-checking all rooms and report any issues.

I'm also so sorry that your tables weren't cleared during breakfast. This is something that we do need to work on as the cafe is constantly under pressure during breakfast. Reception are supposed to be assisting and clearing tables when the desk is free so I will be reminding all staff of this.

Aside from the above issues, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning the great service from our reception staff. I will be sure to notify everyone of your review and thank our team.

Thanks again Sarah, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I tried really hard to like the Wyndham. The check in staff were great.
Upon entering our apartment we found the floor was very sticky in the kitchen. I advised the staff who came in and cleaned it.
There was food stuck on the ceiling and wall. I thought maybe it was from Schoolies so I discounted it. We tried their breakfast tthe first morning not very impressed two staff food very simple and mediocre.The next days breakfast was a total dissaster there was one staff member there to cater for everyone. She made coffee and filled the buffet. She basically did everything i felt very sorry for her so we were very patient with her. The buffet was very empty no bread no eggs etc we told her and she tried to cook everything but after 40 minutes of waiting for our cappucino we canceled the order and went down the road for our coffees.

The rollout sofa was my sons bed. The mattress was so thin that you could feel the springs It was so uncomfortable that we ended up leaving one day early. Such a disappointment.

As long as you dont need the roll out sofa bed or their breakfast you will be happy here. If you need the extra bedding DONT STAY HERE.

As I said i really tried to like the Wyndham but was very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank miztraver
Dear Miztraver,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am so sorry to hear the issues that you endured during your stay. The cleaning issues that you have reported are completely unacceptable and I will be discussing this with housekeeping.

We have catered our breakfast buffet to the needs suggested to us by our guests and find what we have is what is most desired. Recently a few guests have given suggestions of broadening the options which we are taking on board and will discuss in our F&B meetings. I am not aware of the situation with only 1 staff member on the cafe but I will follow up with the F&B Manager as to what happened. There are normally 2 - 4 staff working to cover all bases and to not keep customers waiting.

I do not have any information on what room you stayed in but I will advise maintenance and housekeeping to look for the sofa bed that seems to have loose springs, as you cannot normally feel them through the mattress. If you would like to provide more information or wish to discuss this further, we would love to hear from you. You can call us on 07 5579 6500, I don't have any of your information to be able to call you.

We would love you to stay with us again so we can show you what the true Wyndham standard is.

Thank you again for your review and please accept my sincere apologies for the above issues.

Management
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Despite the recent inclement weather in Queensland we were lucky enough to catch a few fantastic days in the heart of Surfers Paradise.
We travelled in a party of 11 people and we were all accommodated for. Namely my mother who has special needs and is in a wheel chair.
The rooms are very well appointed and the facilities are fantastic. We enjoyed a family BBQ on the pool deck watching the big screen television while the kids and big kids swam in the pool and relaxed in the spa.
Only one block from the beach the short stroll is easy. Once you are on the foreshore you only need to walk north a few blocks, along the esplanade and you reach Cavill Ave.

The staff have been wonderful.

Fun times and happy memories were made here. We will return.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank LarelleSally
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear LarelleSally,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad to hear that you all enjoyed your stay with us and will return. Our mission is to make holiday dreams come true so to hear that you had a great time and created happy memories, is all we could ask for.

We can't wait to welcome you back again!

Thank you again LarelleSally.

perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed with our two children (5 & 7) for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment on the top floor. It was the platinum suite so we got extra inclusions like daily service and a nespresso machine. The apartment was well equipped with a great kitchen, laundry with washer and dryer, 2 bedrooms (with an additional tv in the main which was great)and 2 bathrooms. The lounge also had a fold out couch if you needed an extra bed. The view was awesome, the apartment was super clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The kids loved the pool area( even with the rain) and it was an easy walk to restaurants etc..The roadworks didn't bother us and we had no trouble finding the place. I would highly recommend the Wyndham to anyone after apartment style accommodation.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank PerthPennyperth
Dear PerthPennyperth,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our Platinum Suite. This is the first feedback we have received on this new room type, so I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it.

Thanks again Penny - we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future!

Shelly Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment facing the hinterland for 4 nights. The room was decked out with everything you could need for a weeks stay. It was very spacious and clean. The quality of service was very high with staff willing to help with any of our requests. Overall, a very lovely stay and we recommend the Wyndham to anyone.

Room Tip: We had a room that was situated on the end of the building which had great views of both the river a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jarrad F
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Jarrad F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

We particularly appreciate positive feedback about our staff as this is a great way for the staff member and the management team to realise that we are delivering on our Count On Me! service promise. It is very rewarding for the team when we share this feedback directly with them.

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and will recommend us to anyone.

Thank you again Jarrad, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!