“Disappointed and disgusted”

Promenade Apartments
Reviewed October 19, 2012

In need of complete refit. Needs a paint job, light switches falling apart as well as bed linen. Not cleaned very well as mould in shower and also shower door broken, dust under beds and couch. Can't believe that had beds on wheels on floorboards, not good when you have young kids.
Was sent a receipt stating I was staying in a premium room and was put in basic room. Not even a can opener in a supposedly fully equipped kitchen. You only get a limited amount of toilet rolls before you have to supply them yourself, as told by staff. Limited car spaces.
Only good thing about this place is location
Wish I had read these reviews before I booked with them.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcia O

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I attended a 21st birthday around September 2011. I got stuck at around midnight to get back in. I asked the guy from the Promenade where the inercom was he said shhhhh I'm busy! Wait!! Said Abruptly and aggessively. He wouldn't show the intercom me but instead got the bouncers at Players to bully me when my friend came down to help me. I was Put in a very dangerous position and went back home Locally and left the party. Very scarey tall buld headed aggressive man I've ever met in my life. Like rouid rage. I feared my saftey will never go to Surfers paradise at night again. Also said look at you, JUST LOOK AT YOU. I wearing Slacks and a high cut shirt covering all clevage. Felt ripped of all dignity.

Room Tip: Penthouse in the advertised photo outdoor setting is currenly wobbling needs to be turfed out ages...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Evette b
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I booked this place and then I read reviews and I was a little worried about it after reading about it on another site and all I can say is excellent value

We had a small issue regarding entry as we arrived after hours but once that was all sorted I think its a great place to stay and will stay here again given the opportunity

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank GOLDTOUCH
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and i decided to stay in surfers for nye, and decided to stay here for the occasion. Boy, was that a big mistake. Just to name a few things there was No ice tray in the freezer, no arial to the tv so we couldnt watch any tv, the mop had no sponge ( photo attached ) broom handle was broken off the broom, tv was old, the certains were very bright in the morning and very dirty. No dvd player in room, no hairdryer in room. Only 2 seats in room so u couldnt have guests over. The Internet is not free and very expensive, Clock in room broken. To top it all off, we left a small bag in the room, and i called the next morning to ask them to post it back for me and they said the cleaner threw it out. No courtesy at all!! I work in a hotel myself and i am discusted with the way this place is run. I wont be returning nor would i recomommend anyone else to go there.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank lilmisstraveller84
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This is the perfect place to stay if you are with friends seeking a good time. I found management to be most helpful and the convinience of the location is unchallenged for the price you pay. Extremely affordable and a lovely place to stay! The two bedroom apartments were great and the views from the balcony were great. Cant wait to return!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Brett K
Reviewed August 20, 2011

As some other reviewers report, I can confirm about the broken spa and other items. These apartments are brilliantly located but the management is not as good as the location.
The rooms are badly overdue for a refit and are badly rundown. The rooms and bathrooms need carpentry, plumbing and other essential repairs. The management is not helpful. The office is often unattended during business hours and no-one seems to care.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Austtraveller92
Reviewed February 6, 2011

These apartments are in the centre of surfers which is great location.
was disappointed with the broken spa, when making the booking inquired about spa and pool especially, spa was not even working when we got there then the staff told us the pool was leaking badly, glad we were still able to swim in it.
The lights around the pool and bbq remained turned off all the time was really hard to cook on the bbq in darkness.
The rooms were ok, nothing flash and not serviced daily, had air conditioning though, and kitchen was more than adequate for our needs. really in need of some basic upgrading a paint job would go a long way.
Good place to stay if your mostly going to be out and about, good location to get to everything. not the place to stay if you plan on spending large amounts of time at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple