“Customer Service & Staff the main let down, room nice”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed here as I live interstate. I was very disappointed this time round. We were staying for 5nights.

We got to the hotel at 1:50pm (Check-in is 2pm), we were told to go for a walk & come back in 20mins as the room wasn't ready. The lady didn't apologise, nor was she friendly. We returned, about 2:15pm, I approached the same lady, she advised the room still wasn't ready & contacted house keeping, she then asked me to take a seat. I asked how long it would be & she responded,15mins. I then asked her if she could let me know when it was ready, she then advised me to "take a seat, then in 15mins stand up & wave to her & she'll check if its ready because it gets really busy at that time". I advised her we had an afternoon function & she simply stared at me. I received no response, no apology.

I then sat and waited. About 10mins later, I approached a different lady at the counter, she advised me it still wasn't ready, she then said she will put us in a different room.

The room is spacious and quite a nice, modern apartment. It is within close proximity to shops and restaurants which is great. However, we won't stay here again, there are plenty of options on the Gold Coast. Not only was our room not serviced the first day, we couldn't sleep well the first two nights because of the noise on Cavill Ave, despite being on a high level. Overall, I'm quite disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

Dear Guest

I was dissappointed to read your recent review.

Our customer service fell way short of our own high expectations and I would welcome you to contact me direct so that I can investigate further into the level of service you experienced.

I hope that this has not put you off staying at Mantra Circle on Cavill in the future and I hope to hear from you soon

Neil Munro

Write a ReviewReviews (3,560)

Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed in the 3 bedroom subpentouse and it was amazing! It was very, very clean, modern and spacious. I have stayed at many properties in the Gold Coast and this was the best by far. The reception staff were so lovely and helpful. Although housekeeping wasn't provided every day fresh towels were provided and the hair dryer we asked for arrived at the 61st floor within minutes. The location was excellent and the view was awesome. This place suited the adults and the, teenagers in our group. Our friends stayed in the 2 bedroom non ocean view and their apartment was also very spacious and clean. I will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Dear Family with Teenagers

Thanks for posting your comments on TA regarding your recent stay

I am pleased we were able to accommodate your requests and provide clean spacious room that met all of your expectations

I look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra at Circle on Cavill again soon

Reviewed October 10, 2010

I was very wary of the Hotel due to reviews here, but it had the best average reviews so i booked in for a few days over the long weekend.
The 1bedroom ocean spa was huge, bigger than i expected (in fact my apartment felt small after i came home) and very clean. No cleaning every day but i preferred that as it felt more secure to leave your room and be sure housekeeping wasn't entering after you.
They weren't stingy with the toiletries and towel replacements which was great - two showers a day with fresh towels.
Didn't get a chance to use any facilities of the hotel except with the Cinema (this was a 3 day wait so book early). Which was excellent and a lovely experience as with a young baby we haven't been to the movies much and our baby loved her first cinema experience.
The view wasn't as good as i expected, a couple of new towers in front obscured some of the view and the building is about 2 blocks from the beach so it's actually closer to the rive than the beach. however it's height is impressive so you get a good view.
The circle cavill location is also an advantage to roaming around and enjoying the ambience of Surfers. Note that IGA closes at 5pm and 6pm on weekends so Coles is much better for access but the circle has great restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review posted on TA.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and you found our Mantra Ciorcle on Cavill to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to the Gold Coast

Reviewed October 8, 2010

We are currently staying in a 2 bedroom spa ocean view apartment.

There are pros and cons to this apartment complex.

I would love to know which apartments they took photos of because our lounge was old, leather was peeling and so so so uncomfortable. No comfort at ALL.

On arrival I was told by a not so friendly employee that just because we make requests, it doesn't mean you get them. All I asked for was a checkin of 1pm so I can get my son down for his lunchtime sleep.

The facilities that exist are wonderful. The pool is lovely.

I have paid $281 per night I would definately stay elsewhere next time, quite expensive and deceiving by the photos of the actual apartment.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Khronopoulos

Dear Guest

Thanks very much for providing feedback on your recent stay.

Since the building is strata titled, all of the rooms are owned by individual owners and some have placed their own furniture into the units. I can assure you that the photos taken represent the majority of the building.

I have passed on your comments to the Front Office team and apologise for any unprofessionalism shown

I hope you take to opportinity to come back and visit soon

Reviewed October 7, 2010

What can I say, this hotel exceeded our expectations! Reception staff were friendly and very helpful. The carparking did cost $20 for a little ticket to put in your window although we never had any trouble finding a park. Location was excellent, walking distance to everywhere!
Our room was great, we booked an ocean view suite it was on the 24th floor which gave an awesome view... you could see the beach and city from the bed and even the spa.
We stayed from Sunday to Thursday, it was quite noisy on the Sunday night (although my partner slept through it!) but the rest of the week was fine.
I would definitely stay here again and hope to be back again soon.

Dear BlissNZ

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent stay with us.

I'm glad you had a great time and enjoyed the views. Parking is complimentary at the Hotel, so you must have parked in the Retail area which I apoligise. Happy to take off this amount on your next stay

Reviewed October 4, 2010

The room was spacious and modern however the carpet and lounges were stained. The doona had no cover on it, the cooktop had what looked like dried egg on it. The balcony had a few cigarette butts on the ground and there were fingerprints all over the glass. The elevators were extremely slow. Overall we thought the hotel was gruby and more suitable for partying teenagers than adults.

2  Thank The_Don82
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry you were dissappointed with the cleaning aspects to your stay. Please be assured that these items you raised have been addressed.

I am sorry it wasnt brought to our attention during your stay and we would have taken the opportunity to room move you to another room.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Circle on Cavill again soon

Reviewed October 4, 2010

I recently stayed there with 2 friends in September 2010 and we received terrible service. We were given the wrong room when we got there, we asked for a two bedroom with 3 separate beds but got 2 queen beds instead, ( neither of us are gay, not that there's anything wrong with that ) and when we complained we were told that we had to wait till morning so one of us had to sleep on the lounge.
The following morning we were told that we would be upgraded to a better room but as they were full we were down graded instead.
We complained to the manager and we were brushed off and told that they were full and there was nothing that could be done.
After checking out we addressed our concerns to the building manager and were told that there was nothing that could be done for us.
To add to the problems, the floors were not vaccuumed the whole time we were there. A full 4 days. TERRIBLE
I am not giving up in my quest for compensation for my horror stay in this very dirty crud hole
but I will never stay in this place ever again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank bronson1974

Dear Guest

thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies that the service you were provided during your stay was inconsistant. The issues you have raised have been addressed with the respective departmental managers.

The letter you have sent into the office will be returned to you outlinning the property follow up issues and I trust you will take the opportunity to return to the property one day soon