“Simply amazing ”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Simply amazing ”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

First time visit to the gold coast and must say, this is a stunning place to stay. Me and my was located on the 23rd floor (was expecting the floor would be over 40th floor as paid for extra for ocean view room) for 4 nights. The room was very clean with housekeeping everyday. Staff was very responsive as the first night we had problem with the toilet which someone came to fix within 10 minute of notifying them. The view from the room was good but was mainly blocked by the Hilton hotel. This place may not be suitable for family kids as there are loud music playing by other guest or from the ground floor, (yes you can here noise from the ground floor) but for us this wasn't really an issue as we were out till late most nights. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Faisal M
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your simply amazing review! We really appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experiences with our Trip advisor community. The property is located a few blocks from the beach however all of our Ocean View rooms have huge views out to sea where you can watch the boats and Whales in the Whale watching season!
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.
Katie Scholes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed following the purchase of a deal. We were told it was five star and while the view was great the amenities were not. The lifts had apparently had water damage a number of weeks ago and were still not fixed leaving you to guess what floor you were on. This was a subject actively discussed by guests who had complained to management (including having their Facebook comment deleted). The main bedroom was just a shell without a bedside table on one side and no table lamp for my husband causing us to purchase a cheap one. In addition, all the globes in any of the lamps were faulty. There was no TV in the master or anywhere to put your clothing.
There was a group of bands playing extremely loud music every night up until 8.30pm causing you to have a very unsettled evening meal despite having the doors closed and being on a high floor. I'm glad we had no young child to settle. Management should have not allowed this while advocating a family environment.
The window covering were a poor cousin to block out causing us to be awake at 4.30 am every morning with the sun shining in over the water.
Will never stay again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DeniseK1957
Dear DeniseK1957
Thank you for your review following on from your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for any dissatisfaction with your stay. I have noted your comments in particular about the lifts. The resort did experience water damage to a number of lifts and we are sincerely apologetic for any disorientation this caused you during your stay with us. There was an event on during your stay with us and the Circle on Cavill Retail area had a number of events in support of this for visitors and locals to enjoy. I can appreciate that these events are not always to everyone’s preference and I appreciate your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you be returning to the Gold Coast in the future and I would be happy to ensure you have a more enjoyable stay with us.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Whilst there is no denying that the Mantra does have excellent facilities, the pool is wonderful, the gym is excellent and so is all of the other facilities the views from room were amazing and a create location. But I recently stayed at the mantra circle on cavill for 6 night with 8 of my friends in the sub penthouse, it had a wonderful location right in the middle of everything, so it was easy to get around but you would understand my disappointment after being charged $856 each being a total of $6848 for 6 nights, which we didn't mind paying knowing we would be staying in a nice hotel for the week, when we encountered all of these problems; when we entered our room to see a small living room small kitchen with a single door fridge, tiles had chips in it, brown stains on the table around the tv, the master bedroom had a queen sized bed the other room had 2 singles pushed together to resemble a double sized bed the other bedroom had 2 singles plus 2 trundle beds, although the en-suite was very nice. Thinking that this was how all the other rooms were presented i ignore all of the imperfections. 2 days in the dishwasher breaks down, and the reception tells me that we don’t get a daily room clean because we don’t all get that package, the cleaners just come daily to take our rubbish, which i don't mind vacuuming. But when I went to use the vacuum cleaner, it is broken. i notified reception about the broken dishwasher which they said wont be fixed till the day before we leave but they would send up the cleaners do the dishes which was nice, but didn't happen until the next day when i called up again they finally came up. As for the broken vacuum cleaner they said we could borrow one from the maids for a few hours when we needed. By this time we had also run out of toilet paper for which i called up and asked for some more and some clean towels which were told we had to wash our selves, the women brought up 2 rolls of toilet paper for between 8 people.. seems logical. Trying to ignore all of the issues another group of friends were staying in the other tower paying the same as us in another sub penthouse i decided to visit. To my amazement their apartment was twice the size of ours, their kitchen was dramatically larger with a double door fridge, 2 balconies and rooms with beds to a better standard. Feeling extremely ripped off i went down to reception to address the issues and concerns with the apartment that my friends and i were paying so much for, in a nice way I began to explain, to only have the staff be so rude and uncooperative explained its not their fault but the owners of the rooms as they furnish the apartment. The women at the desk further began to use rude tones and interrupted me saying again its not their problem there’s nothing they can do. The ignoring my issues and rude manners which can only be assumed due to the fact that i am only 18 (still seen as a child), as when i called my parents to tell them of the issue due to me getting no where with the women at the front desk, they were treated extremely different by the staff when they called to complain being extremely apologetic and seemed to be willing it fix the issue. The staff sent up some new towels and some extra toilet paper and seemed to call the issue resolved. Not only would I NEVER stay at the mantra again due to the poor service, but it seems that when you book at the mantra you don't know if you are going to get what you paid for when you stay there as all the rooms are different quality, but priced at the same. To me it’s NOT worth the gamble even though you think you are staying at a 5 star hotel. If you do decide to stay in the mantra in one of the sub penthouses DO NOT stay in room 2483.

Room Tip: if you decided to stay at the mantra make sure you ask for the good room or else you might not
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank katelyn a
Dear Katelyn a

Thank you for your review. I can confirm that the apartment you stayed in was as per your reservation through Schoolies.com. I am sorry that you were dissapointed with the apartments overall standard when comparing this to another apartment that your friends stayed in, I am unsure on the apartment that you viewed. The 3 bedroom apartments are located from level 33 of the towers and positioned in various aspects of the building therefore each apartment is individual. Whilst we appreciate your comments and feedback I would like to assure other Tripadvisor readers that the unit is a great 3 bedroom apartment on level 48 of the North Tower with huge ocean views. Thank you agin for sharing your experience.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Again stayed here for Gold Coast 600, our 4th year at Circle on Cavill. Again room was top quality pool and BBQ areas still as good as ever. The location was even better this year with the V8 Superfest events in the 'Circle' retail area, and will improve again next year with light rail network right at the front door!. Little things that we did not was some maintenance inside the building such as walls in the common areas (that had obviously been damaged numerous times by other inconsiderate guests) and carpets had not been repaired properly, other than this all good.

As mentioned could not recommend this place more, we love it, and unsurprisingly we have already booked for next year!

Room Tip: Everytime we have stayed here we have been on floor 45+ (lucky!), the higher the better for the ocea...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RoadTrip56
Dear RoadTrip56
We loved reading your review following on from your return annual stay with us over the GC600 event. It is great to hear from our guests that return time and time again and the overall experience is as good as the last time! Thank you for your comments on the resort facilities being top quality. The GC600 event was a huge success and we certainly enjoyed the buzz it brought to Surfers Paradise. We are looking forward to the light rail network opening early 2014, this will improve transportation in the area and allow our guests to experience more of the Gold Coast. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had a 7 night stay with a 15 month old toddler. We had the best time, owing to the wonderfully kind and attentive staff, and the amazing location making quick trips to the supermarket downstairs for more nappies and baby wipes a convenient breeze. Of special note was the eager staff, who upgraded us to an amazing oceanview room on the 38th floor. Could not fault a thing, We left feeling very relaxed and sad to leave. Thank you to the Mantra Circle Team and keep up the excellent work, cant wait to stay with you again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lenban
Thank you so much for your amazing review, it is great to hear from our guests especially that you had a very happy stay and enjoyed the location, convenience, ocean view and our attentive happy staff! We truly enjoy offering our guests the best experience and we are so glad your stay with us exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more family holidays on the Gold Coast.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This really has to be the best location in Surfers, check in was smooth, staff friendly and helpful, we had a one bedroom ocean view, not a glimpse ocean view full front ocean which was amazing.
When this hotel opened it would have been amazing, but i would gather that over the years its starting to show so serious wear and tear, blinds not working, the bed was so caved in it was almost un-sleepable (lucky we only were there one night) shutters broken, one lounge you couldn't even sit on due to the roll bed being broken.

These things wouldn't bother me all to much if the hotel came cheap, but as a "deal" at $217 a night it would have been nice to be able to sleep on the couch, i think full rate is 300+ and if i payed that it would have been very disappointing!

It was nice....nothing more nothing less :)

Room Tip: Ocean View is the way to go!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sobeau113
Dear nes1506
Thank you for your feedback on the apartment that you received during your stay with us. I really appreciate your feedback on the standard of the unit your overall delight at the huge ocean view. I am concerned with your comments on the items you have noted and would appreciate a quick email from you to advise me of the unit number you were occupied in so I can investigate your feedback and improve the overall standard. Thank you again; I appreciate your comments and overall review.
Perth,AUS
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Recently had a two night stay here on business and while the location is great, the rooms (well at least the one we had) desperately needed maintaining - little things that don't cost the earth to fix but show a lack of detailed maintenance. While it wasn't enough for me to request another room to start with, I did make a point of mentioning it to staff who acknoledged my concerns but stated they were not owned by Mantra. In my two bedroom suite (which had unbeatable views), we noted a extensively stained couch (not just one or two stains, it was filthy), scuff marks on the walls, dented toaster, outdoor dining table dirty, rusty furniture that served no purpuse on the balcony, damaged sink (drain barrier missing) etc. The room WAS very clean (in fact I was impressed with how clean the bathrooms were) and my concern was not about cleaning, rather the fact no money has appeared to be spent in maintaining other guest damage and normal wear and tear. The TV didn't work during our stay which was reported and fixed very quickly, but unfortunately it wasn't working again the next day (we didn't bother reporting it again). I noted similar maintenance issues on the pool deck, the the lifts and scuff marks along hallways.
The staff were friendly and efficient and check in and out was fine.
Great location for dining, the beach and transport. Would stay again, but would perhaps insist on another room if I got a room like this one again - hopefully it was a one off incident, however it can be a systemic issue with these kind of chains who take them over and then slowly run them into the ground by failing to insist on owners performing room maintenance.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first and insist on another should it not be maintained.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear EndlessTraveller_12
Thank you for your feedback on the apartment that you received during your stay with us. I really appreciate your feedback on the standard of the unit and would appreciate a quick email from you with the unit number so we can identify the unit and go through the points you have raised to improve the standard. Thank you also for noting the positive experiences including our warm and friendly team and the high level of cleanliness in the apartment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Surfers Paradise and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a better overall experience.