“Mantra on Cavill”

Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Bribie Island, Australia
“Mantra on Cavill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Took wife and kids away for weekend had a great stay unit great facilities, service and location great will be back and would recommend to other families kitchen great for cooking for us and was good sitting and watching the busy Gold Coast. Just a short walk to cafes, entertainment, pools loved by kids relaxing break.

Room Tip: Two bed spa room on corner of building gives great views
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Philbo64_13
Thank you for your great review and recommendation of our two bedroom corner apartments. We agree and think we offer fantastic apartments in the hub of Surfers Paradise with everything at our finger tips for a great family holiday.
See you next time.

Katie Scholes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed for 11 days on 12th level. Rented apartment through YouStay and everything was perfect. The unit was exactly as their website photos indicated. Our unit had the hinterland view which made it very quiet considering the roadwork's on the other side.
I would recommend this place and YouStay to anybody booking here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rossi269
Saihat, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have been at this hotel apartment during 2010 and 2011, it is really great location and nice hotel apartment. If you are going with family this is the best place to enjoyed the surfer paradise.

Restaurant, Supermarket and shopping area are just steps to go.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hassan R
We are really enjoying the many reviews from families this month. It is great to see you return year after year to stay with us and every time you enjoy it more and more. We can’t wait to see you back for your next holiday!
Katie Scholes
Fortitude Valley, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed for a weekend recently. Believed the pricing to be reasonable for what the room promised.

On arriving at the hotel (at approx. 2pm Saturday afternoon) there was a considerable wait for checkin, and the loading zone out the front was chaos! In this respect I would recommend either trying to park your car earlier or checking in later in the afternoon if you dont wait to wait half an hour to check in. Finding an undercover car park for hotel patrons is also timely and a bit of a mission!

The views from our room on the 32nd floor facing Surfers Paradise beach were amazing, and although the room was clean. I couldn't help but notice that it wasn't furnished to a standard one would expect (furnishings cheap and worn) and the room felt slapped together. It was clean though. The bathroom with spa was the saving grace for the room. Though would have liked to have seen better quality bath products (perhaps some bubble bath or shower gel for the spa) as we had to go out and purchase this.

The kitchen was well equipped for basic cooking, though I did note there was no ice trays in the freezer and the hotel will not bring this to your room as most other hotels I have stayed at will. Again I had to purchase this.

Overall I was not dissatisfied with my stay, but I cant say i'll be returning.

Room Tip: Pay the little bit extra to get the ocean view room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Check in on a Saturday afternoon can be a little bit busy however our team are well versed in ensuring our guests are checked in promptly and efficiently. Thank you for your comments on the apartment, glad to see we scored high on cleanliness and you enjoyed the spa bath in the master en suite. We would love to provide ice to our guests however this is a bit of a health risk and we prefer our guests to make their own ice however having said that the freezer should have an ice tray and we can also provide these through our housekeeping request service. We hope you will return on your next trip down to the Gold Coast.
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel before, we had such a great time we decided to rebook and stay at this place again. Again the staff fail to disappoint and the accommodation is just as clean and spacious as before, even though we booked a one bedroom apartment instead of two.

Checking in is quick and easy, finding a free car parking on the other hand is a little difficult especially when everyone is doing the same.

The apartment has different appliances, but still roomy and with an amazing view.

Like other reviews, there isn't enough washing items like sponges etc, but pretty easy to take care of when there is a super market right outside the entrance of the hotel.

The apartment we got this time has a fold out couch, which was very handy. The bathrooms in all the apartments must be designed the same, they are all roomy with plenty of storage space and a nice "view" from the shower.

I love this hotel because in the foyer you can see how busy it is, but as soon as you enter the room all the noise fades away and you can hear and feel the relaxing sea breeze. No matter which room I believe you will have great sleep quality.

I would definitely recommend to stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DJ_Mizit
Looks like you are a big reviewer on Trip advisor, we are really chuffed reading your review. We really appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us how great we are and how much you enjoy returning time and time again. Thank you for also mentioning the team and their outstanding customer service. See you next time.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having been a very patron of several hotels on the Gold Coast, I was hesitant but excited to try a new one - not chosen by myself, but for convenience to be close to interstate family coming up for a holiday.

My first impression definitely got rid of any excitement, as the staff working the night of 24/5/13 seemed more interested in discussing their night out partying than helping the several people who came up to the counter while I was there. The gentleman who served me was mostly helpful, until it came to putting down the security deposit for the room, which had to be done before I could get keys. As the room was paid in full before I arrived and there isn't any room service, it hadn't occurred to me that a credit card would be needed at the desk before I could check in - so I didn't have one that could have the deposit put on. This is obviously not the hotel's fault, however when my boyfriend started to call up to use his credit card over the phone, I was informed by the gentleman that I could not do this. When I called my boyfriend he said he had been talking to the hotel and had been sent an authorisation form in order to give his credit card details. Because the gentleman behind the counter had already told me this was impossible, I had to call my family down from their room to cover the deposit for me, which was an extra twenty minutes on my time in the reception area and even more confusion for my boyfriend and I. I spent the time watching staff wander around in front and behind the counter carrying hair straighteners and calling each other names I wouldn't let my staff say in front of clients.

The room itself had lovely hygiene standards and was definitely quite spacious for a one bedroom, the spa bath was delightful! However...there were no blinds or frosting on the glass wall between the bed and the bathroom, so anyone in the bedroom could quite clearly see anyone on the toilet! Not impressed at all. The room my family were in had a set of blinds that came down over the same wall, so it was not a design flaw but an oversight. I find it hard to believe that a cleaner between guests would not notice that the toilet was clearly visible from the other room.

Some attention would be best paid to the quality of bedding as well, the spare pillow felt like a rectangle of hard packing foam shoved into a pillow case! That combined with a loud party going on at room 1091 resulted in a very sleepless night.

Checking out on Sunday was much more pleasant, the lady behind the counter was very helpful and professional.

I am used to a much higher standard in hotels of this calibre, so I think I'll visit those establishments in future. Though the problems encountered at Mantra were more related to inattentive staff, with so many other hotels I've had great experiences at - I won't be staying at Mantra again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Olivia
Thank you for sharing your experience although I read your comments and couldn’t help but think your review was a bit harsh! The team at the property are very friendly and work really well together. I do agree that they should be looking after our guests first rather than catching up on what happened last night and for this I sincerely apologise. I appreciate this was your first impression of Mantra Circle on Cavill and we didn't provide our normal high level service of guest arrival and welcome.
Thank you for trying the Mantra, I am sorry that we didn’t wow you during your stay with us however I am glad you will return to the Gold Coast in the future as it is a fabulous destination for everyone!
Regards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

we spent 5 days here in a two bedroom ocean view apartment. In march 2013.
This trip for us was to get away from everything, relax and enjoy and catch up with family and friends all in a short 6 day break.

Good:
Breath taking views of the beach and skyline.
Great location
Large spacious rooms
Decent size kitchen
Washing machine and dryer

Bad:
Room Cleanliness was non existent. - we found a used/ dirty cotton bud in the wardrobe (gross), clearly high dusting was non existent as our suitcase was covered in dust after placing on the top shelf in the wardrobe.
The quality of the furniture was old and cheap. Wood on dinning table was peeling
Daily service was very minimal, sheets on bed were just pulled up, lacking attention to detail
Staff servicing the room came across and being quite rude and unhappy? (Just an observation)

issues aside. Waking up to the view from our apartment made all those minor issues fade away.
All in all we had a average stay, not a great stay.

I would stay there again, because I love the view.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shayne K
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Shayne K
Thank you for your review; we appreciate our Trip advisor members sharing the good and the bad points. I am sorry that you felt the 2 bedroom apartment was not presented to our usual high standard. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure that the standard you have described is not encountered by our future guests. We are currently working on a refurbishment of the apartments with our owners to replace any tired furniture. The newly refurbished apartments are presenting to a very high standard and our guests have only great feedback. I am sorry that this was not your experience, please remember we are here to assist our guests during their stay so please contact us and we will do everything we can to ensure everyone leaves happy and well rested!
Kind Regards