“A but run down & tatty for somewhere so new.”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This property is in a great spot, but its a fairly new property that is surprisingly run down & knocked about.
At least 2 of the lifts in the south tower had cracked display screens.
Hallway walls had scuffs
Apartment walls featured numerous scuffs & markings that were pretty large.
Chipped door bottoms
Cheap flimsy feeling furniture
Door to closet wouldn't close, wall felt like it was going to fall over if I tried too hard.
Air Con can only be directed to lounge or bedroom, not both.
Only single glazing on windows & balcony doors, it was really noisy even on 25th floor.
Many restaurants no longer in business in the Mall area downstairs. Only a small fish & chip joint, a Japanese place & a Churros place are left, sad sign if the economy I guess.

All in all its an ok self contained option right in the heart of Surfers Paradise, for $45 per night more we should have stayed at the tried & trusted Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our original room was very average and not so clean.Our pull out sofa bed was broken upon arrival as we looked around,furniture was average and a little worn for wear.We had made a complaint about the broken sofa bed,only to have it replaced with a fold up bed with the broken sofa not being removed,so there wasnt alot of space.As we observed more around the room,we found it to be unclean,having also a dirty bandaid found on the kitchen floor area,which was more off putting.We did complain to management and they upgraded us to another room( 4 floors higher) which was much cleaner and a better views of the surf coast,but a smaller balcony.The view was fantastic.Having chosen a one bedroom spa apartment and being able to have cooking facilities was great,as safeway was conveniently downstairs and at our fingertips for groceries.The staff were very helpful and friendly and housekeeping looked after us very well with clean towels and having an endless amount of toiletries.Nothing was too much trouble for our requests and we were catered for very well.Location was fantastic having so many shops around us and an abundance of restaurants to choose from our 7 night stay.thankyou mantra for a great holiday experience and making our holiday and enjoyable one,even though the weather was against us for a few days but didnt stop us from being stuck inside our hotel. We would have liked to stay longer due to the weather turning on us but we did manage to make it to the theme parks for our daughter to experience and enjoy..... thankyou Mantra,hope to stay again in future

Room Tip: having bad weather against us,we originally had a corner suite,but had it changed to another room,wh...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank maria r
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked three 2 Bedroom apartments for a group of 12 colleagues that were staying on the Gold Coast after a week on conference. We were moving from another hotel near by so I stopped past the Mantra the night before to ask if we could have early check-in for at least one of my 3 rooms (which I don't believe is an unreasonable request). I was told by the lady at reception that she had no control over booking or allocations and said there was no one she could call or speak to as it was outside of business hours. She did however mention that she would expect at least one of the rooms to be ready a little earlier.

We are arrived at the hotel on the morning of Friday 8th March at approximately 11.30am and waited over half an hour to be served. I was then told that none of our rooms were ready as check-in was at 2pm. At this point I was frustrated by having waited half an hour just to speak to someone at reception but we left our luggage in storage and left. We came back at 2.30pm and once again had to wait over half an hour just to be served. I was then told that only one of my three rooms was ready despite the check-in time being 2pm. It was not until 3.30pm that I finally gained access to my remaining rooms. Such slow service is unacceptable and was definitely caused a lot of visible frustration to everyone waiting in the lobby.

I was then also told that I had to share two keys per room between 4 people - another inconvenience considering we are not a family and would be going off on our own. We were then offered the option of leaving keys at reception when we left the room in order to ensure that everyone could always get in. This sounded great at the time but we quickly learnt that waiting in excess of 15mins just to drop off or pick up a key just made the experience even worse and more frustrating.

One request that the Mantra did fulfill was to allocate all my rooms within a close proximity to each other. I was very thankful for this.

Despite the terrible start and frustration with the service along the way, the rooms were absolutely beautiful and the views were spectacular. The facilities including the gym and pools were great. If it wasn't for the service I would definitely be keen to stay at the Mantra again however the poor and incredibly slow service definitely detracted from the having the nice relaxing holiday I was hoping for.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Mantra Circle On Cavill I would recommend to anyone to stay my partner & myself stayed for the weekend(2 nights) on the 26 th floor ocean view the place was very clean & tidy the furniture was very modern & the way the apartment was set out was great. It was so good to just lay in bed & watch all the lights at night.The view from the room was great seeing the sun come up of a morning & to look at the ocean was so relaxing.The staff at front counter was very polite & helpful.It was good to just go down the lift & have a look around outside to see the outside pool,gym,bbq area,kids games room.There isn't nothing I could say that was wrong with Circle On Cavill.The place was so welcoming & relaxing to getaway for a short break.Downstairs the shops are right out the door (Woolworths) everything was so close no need to use your car to go to the main street of Surfer's Paradise or beach the shopping centre was straight across the road.It was so nice & quiet in your room.The spa was a good design looking over the main bedroom to the outside.I would recommend anyone to stay at this place & we will surely come back to this place & tell my friends about Circle On Cavill.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My sister,her husband,my husband and myself stayed in a 2 bedroom on the 24th floor for 13 days at the Mantra Circle on Cavill. The view was amazing,the daily refresh of the room was a lovely touch to our stay as we did not have to worry about washing our own towels everyday and buying toiletries.The people on the front desk were very kind and it was no hesitation to help us even if they were busy.I have stayed at a lot of apartments before but this was the first time we actually felt like we were on a holiday. I would not hesitate to stay again or recommend Mantra Circle on Cavill to anyone as it was a pleasurable experience.
Thankyou from all of us.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Julie G, Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Karen, what a lovely review. Yes, I have to agree with you that the Housekeeping Mini Refreshes are a nice touch. It’s great to come home from a day out at the theme parks and have your beds all nicely made for you, rubbish removed, and amenities replaced.

I’ll pass on your feedback to the Front Office team. They are a great bunch of people, who all love what they do!

Can’t wait to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The views from this apartment (I'm still here) are to die for. I feel so lucky as we were upgraded to ocean view from the standard 1 br spa apartments. I'll start from the beginning. My booking experience was a bit mixed as I had seen a special on their website saying that 1br spa apartments from $150 per night (great great value), so I made enquiries. Given that we were a party of four adults, we could either take a 2br apartment or 2 x 1 br apartments. Because of the special being offered of only $150 per night on 1 br, I thought it may have been cheaper to take the latter. When I enquired I was offered a 2br apartment for $800 for two nights. This was through an online enquiry call centre I should say. They were much more helpful when I called the hotel directly. The maths was clear that the most cost effective option was taking the 2 x 1 br. In the end this is what we did (slightly higher than $150 for the Saturday night), but nontheless, it was a weekend for 4 adults in a prime location with excellent shopping, restaurants, beach all close by for around $600. The apartments are very roomy and in fact the one bedrooms all actually have a smaller room with either a sofa bed or single bed. Requests that I made for the rooms to be close and for one to be set up as a twin were all exactly as I asked. The apartments were next to one another. The 38th floor offers beautiful, beautiful views up and down the surf coast, the river and the hinterland mountains.
Facilities in the apartment were of a high standard, although some of the lounge furniture is very worn. But everything is comfortable, and the slight wear and tear did not impact our overall experience. The bathroom was very well set up, well stocked with toiletries, with an unusual shower and bath area that had views out to the ocean, across the bedroom. Watching the sun come up from bed is a nice way to start the day. There is a Woolies right downstairs which is open till late. Very handy for a few groceries so you can enjoy a home cooked breakfast with that view.
Very well done Mantra, I'm impressed. I wouldn't hesitate to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean spa room. We had 38th floor which was great views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

What an informative review, Huwakibe. Yes, our onsite Reservations teams are very informative, and love to go the extra mile for our guests. Its’ great to read that they were able to guarantee all the rooms to be within close proximity.

Aren’t the views to DIE FOR, we are very lucky at Mantra Circle on Cavill, not only do we have wide sweeping costal views, but on the other side of the building we have gorgeous hinterland views – which, at night time sparkle!

We look forward to welcoming you back, real soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'll start by saying I've stayed at circle on cavill before and had a great experience...this time however was different. To start with the furniture in my room was different to my last stay instead of the modern mid range furniture...my room was filled with cheap amart furniture, couch was a terrible faux suede foam thing, there was no art on the walls, the tv was wall mounted but had cords running down the wall and over the entertainment unit....just really disappointing...the only other issue I had was on the second day I came back to my room after lunch, and spotted the housekeeping trolley outside my door as I approached the door I could hear the maids making derogatory remarks about some of
my belongings...they were stunned when I walked in and offered me additional tea bags to try to diffuse the awkwardness...it did throw me off, but i understand thats generally how maids are...otherwise I would say its a great place to stay...the gym is lovely, as are the pools, it's close to shops and the beach and offers superb views of the coast, the other staff are lovely and were really helpful...

• Stayed: February 2013

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch! I’m so sorry for the disappointing experience, Jezad. I would love to talk to you directly about your experience, here at Mantra Circle on Cavill. Let’s talk! Please email us at circle.res@mantra.com.au and we can go from there.

In future, for other readers, we have an Assistant Manager on site 24 hours a day. Should you have an issue, please let them know straight away. They are here to make sure your stay is seamless and to ensure you leave experiencing the TRUE Mantra experience.