“Highly NOT recommended!”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Location was good and then it stops...for four stars this place was a shock and unacceptable...filthy, unserviced and obviously trashed. If u have a baby, definetly not child friendly.
Stayed for 4 days and not once was the apartment cleaned. Willing to do myself but no vacuum bags as the one in the room was full. Rubbish from last visits (s) still in brush pan. Ordered a baby cot but was told there was none...lucky for them, they found one and mgr had the nerve to blame the travel agent when I booked directly thru them? Specified for higher level due to sleeping baby and got 13th flr - obviously lack of attention to detail. Had to disinfect the whole place before letting my baby loose and everything in the apt was broken from kettle, pots, range hood etc. Never come back again as this has by far been the worst accommodation! Mantra should be ashamed of itself if it prides itself on this quality and service!

1  Thank Peggy916
scholesynz, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Peggy916, I am so sorry to read your review. It is always disappointing to see reviews through this channel where we have not been able to resolve and rectify any guest issues directly with you during your stay. For any future readers please talk to us during our stay if anything requires attention in the apartment or you are simply not happy with something, at least then we can fix it. Our dedicated Assistant Managers are available daily and are able to put the magic back into your holiday.

There are newer reviews for Mantra Circle on Cavill

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just got back from staying at this hotel that is classed 4 star that is an insult to day te least .
I have stayed at many hotels in the Gold Coast and have to say that this was the worse. It was that ad that I am not ever going to stay at any mantra hotels in the world. We were a family of five arrived early only to be told that check in will bee at 2 pm which was fine I returned at 2 again room not ready told staff that I had done my groceries and could not wait thn magically te room was ready got to the room averagely cleaned, only had 2 little cocking pots for a family of five wat a joke. No broom vacuum was not working and half was missing tv control not working no clothes line had to use dryer which the front lint catcher was broken and guess what lint was every where. This was reported to reception first time fell on deaf ears then again the next day only got more towels control fixed as for everything else sayed the same we weren't even offered Ron service every day the room was really dirty by the time we left as I could not clean it they sad they don't have brooms in the rooms but the vacuum was not replaced this pace is very big and its obvious that they can't keep up with the up keep of te rooms and premises. Even te BBQ area not lit up at night as the lights were out. . I have stayed nest door at the chevron and it leaves this place for dead and I will pay anything to stay there unlike this place never again or any mantra hotels at tat ths pace relly put a dent in my thoughts on any of your products. Also ave you know I could ave stayed at te Hilton across the road for $ 100 cheaper so you are ver priced for crap the only reason I stayed was tat I cod not get a refund. First and last time I will get stunk by the mantra group. I paid for an apartment not a hotel room . So every one beware don't let te photos fool you looks good in the photos but very very far from good .

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
1  Thank Angela V
scholesynz, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Angela V - disappointed to see your review on Tripadvisor.
Our team are dedicated to customer service and ensuring our guests enjoys their stay. We always strive to resolve any guest issues during your stay as we want everyone to be happy and appreciate that everyone has different requests and things that are important to them during their stay. From our detailed Hotel Log we can see that you contacted us about the TV remote and Vacuum Cleaner and that this was resolved by the team. We didn't have any additional requests from you logged. Sorry that two cooking pots wasn't enough, again we can always get another pot to you if you give us a call and request one during your stay. Most of our guests cook a few nights and enjoy the many local restaurants that are just on our door step. Sounds like we really didn't win you over this stay and you’re not going to give us a second chance which is disappointing.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked a 1 night stay in a 2 bedroom ocean view spa apartment, in hopes of spending a relaxing afternoon and night with friends who had flown from Finland. Being an ocean view apartment the goal was to remain in the room / balcony and enjoy.

We arrived early in the hopes (fingers crossed) that the room would be ready early. It wasn't - which is absolutely fine. We then came back at 2pm, and waited in line for some time, listening to reception staff tell other guests "unfortunately your room is it quite ready yet, there has been a delay", all which was done very politely (although the guests themselves were getting cranky, the staff handled them well). "it should only be about another 20 minutes", we heard them saying. There were guests sprawled all over the lobby. I was starting to have my doubts. After waiting in line for 15 mins I got to reception desk and asked again whether our room would be ready. The man serving me looked up my surname, then said "just a moment" , went to the back room for another 10-15 mins, (I was starting to wonder where he went), then came and told me the same thing "unfortunately your room is not ready yet"....

An hour later we then came back, waited in line again, and finally checked in.

I don't mind a delay in check in (little bit annoying) but it just seemed as though it wasn't just me, it seemed it was delayed for a lot of the other guests too.

The staff were professional despite all the cranky and inconsiderate guests they had to put up with, the room was clean, the view was to die for (I was on 59th floor), and it's in a great location. I would most certainly recommend this to others if you're after a view and modern spacious apartment, just don't get your hopes up for a 2pm check-in (go and have a coffee, come back after 3, and you'll be right)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
scholesynz, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Misselina87,

Thank you so much for your recommendation of Mantra Circle on Cavill. Sounds like you stayed in one of our highest floor two bedroom apartments with stunning ocean views. Thank you for being so understanding with the delay in your check in, we really appreciate our guests having a little bit of flexibility with us in situations like this when days don't quite go to plan! I hope you enjoyed catching up with your friends from overseas whilst sharing the magic of the Gold Coast! See you next time.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Just had 5 fantastic days at this hotel. We stayed in a Ocean spa apartment with fantastic views of the ocean and city. Our room was very clean and serviced daily. Had all the amenities of a house. Hotel is in a great location. Very close to Cavill Mall and the beach. All in walking distance. Would definatley stay here again..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review, Wahoo we have won over another loyal guest! Being a Sydney Jetsetter I guess you enjoy your travelling and have stayed in many hotels and apartments. Thank you for your review to confirm our apartments are fully equipped for full self catering as per a house and that the location is fantastic. Big thanks also for the photos you uploaded of your apartment, looks like a one bedroom ocean spa apartment from the images. Great to share with other Tripadvisor readers.

Regards Katie Scholes

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a 1 bedroom apartment with a balcony facing the ocean. Absolutely gorgeous apartments and it is in a fantastic location. We could leave the car and walk everywhere we wanted. Will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Hello "Stunning" Kylie W from Brisbane, we loved reading your little review, straight to the point and another happy guest enjoying our fabulous location and apartments. See you next time.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed here for a week (4th Dec - 11th Dec 12) with our 3 children in a 2 bedroom spa apartment. We were on the 46th floor in the North Tower and had amazing views of both the wetlands and the beach. The apartment itself was lovely, some parts a little worn, only to be expected but all in all it was lovely, gorgeous bathroom, ensuite with spa and lovely kitchen. Apartment was clean enough on arrival. Only negatives were the check-in - meant to be 2pm but didn't get in apartment until after 3pm, so we were waiting about for over an hour. Staff were very apologetic though. Also the kitchen utensils were fairly scarce so had to call up for more twice (had a long wait) . Car parking was great, huge underground parking (free) and easy access to the lifts. Location was perfect with shops, cafes and restaurants right at the bottom of the towers (including Woolworths!) 2 outdoor swimming pools lovely but freezing, indoor one was bearable. Will definitely stay here again when we return, if we get it at the right price again.

1  Thank jills12

Dear Jills12 from Scotland, thank you for your review, loved all the detail about the apartment, location and some handy hints for shopping. We also have an arrangement with Woolworths online now so as a guest you can arrange your groceries to be delivered direct to your apartment on arrival, more time for relaxation by the pools. I think the pools are a good temperature and this is the best time to enjoy them, sorry they were a bit chilly for your liking. See you next time, keep a look out for a bit of a deal, they are scarce but can be found!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Rooms were very damaged with stains on all walls and furniture. Girls at reception were extremely rude, arrogant and made all tasks very difficult. The room was extremely dirty when we checked in (vomit on the front door, floor not vacuumed, beds didn't even have covers on them and were covered with stains and wet patches.) The majority of things in the appartment were broken (blinds, TOILET FLUSH, stove, air conditioner, TV, doors jamming.) To top all this off we were unable to check until 8pm and were stuck out the front with all our luggage for six hours longer than we expected and not only did we receive no compensation for this but had the girls at reception annoyed at us for being displeased!!!
Biggest waste of money and an overall pathetic experience !!
Deterring everyone from this hotel-NEVER EVER EVER EVER again!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Ilho123
Julie G, Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, sounds like you were staying at the property as part of the Schoolies celebrations.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. I’m confident we can do better than a standard apology and therefore I would like to use your example and experience with the team. Please email me through the direct hotel email – circle.res@mantra.com.au and let’s discuss.