WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Mantra Circle on Cavill

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“Wow Wow Wow! Im in Love with the Mantra Circle on Cavil!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Wow Wow Wow and a big WOW and a big thank you to the Mantra Circle on Cavill!! I wanted a special trip away for my mum and well, a memorabile trip away is exactly what we had!! We had a wonderful stay and we got everything we wanted and more.

Where do I begin, firstly i would like to thank the staff, especially Julie Green who was very helpful and gave us an amazing room. The look on my mums face was priceless and the beauty of the views and appartment brought tears of joy.

We stayed in a Two Bedroom Ocean Spa appartment and how much did I love that spa bath!!
The rooms were very clean and spacious with views to make anyone drool. The beds were all very comfortable and we all slept like kings and queens. A huge Hotel with so many pool options, 3 in total, indoor, outdoor, whatever you prefer. If you feel like a sauna or a spa, level 3 offers these and also a games room. You can even book the cinema room for your own private use.

Perfect location, right in the heart of Surfers Paradise. A two minute walk to Cavil Avenue, A five minute walk to the gorgeous beach and Woolworths in right downstairs. The Circle retail shops downstairs has all the stores at your convinence.
The staff at reception were all very lovely and friendly. We were greated with a huge smile by Amy at reception, so a warm welcome was wonderful. Reception is 24hrs and is always helpful to assist you in anyway.
I am definitley going to recommend the Mantra Circle on Cavill to all of my friends and family as this is the place to stay in the heart of Surfers Paradise. I cant wait to make my next booking as its got the Wow Wow Wow factor. We loved our stay and we will be returning! The Mantra Circle on Cavill is the place to choose as it wont disappoint you, it will impress you and make your stay on the Gold Coast that extra special.

Linda S

Room Tip: We chose a higher floor, level 44 in the north Tower. Views were beautiful. Our Two bedroom ocean sp...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda S
Julie G, Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
WAHOOO!!!! Oh shucks, you make us blush, Linda :) What a wonderful review.

You and your family were such a dream to deal with and I am so happy the team and I were able to tick all the boxes for your stay here at Mantra Circle on Cavill.

We hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and hope you see you soon at Mantra Circle on Cavill.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Nerang, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Circle on Cavill's selling points are it's central location and the property facilities.

COC is in the middle of Surfers Paradise, directly across the road from the bus stop, directly above a supermarket and a short five minute walk to shops, restaurants and the beach.

The property offers three pools...two outdoor pools (lap and lagoon) and one indoor heated pool. An outdoor spa is also on offer, in addition to steam rooms, a sauna and gym. There is also a playground for small children.

A private cinema is available for hotel guests to hire, guests have the option of bringing their own DVD's or hiring one from reception ($5.50 for one or $9 for two).
There is no charge to hire the cinema, however a $200 security bond is requested (if you provide a credit card upon arrival for security, this will also cover the cinema).

Reception is 24 hours, with a night guard/receptionist working the graveyard shift, and a "normal" team working the rest of the day/night.

Depending what channel you have booked through, you may or may not receive a daily service from housekeeping. The daily service generally consists of the replacement of towels, removal of rubbish and replacement of dishwashing powder etc.
I never had any problems with housekeeping, they came every day and did a good job.
For stays longer than seven nights, housekeeping will do a full clean of your room (all of the above including changing of sheets and vaccuuming).

The apartments at COC are all fully self contained, with full kitchen and laundry facilities..which would be very convenient for families travelling.
All units are individually owned, which means that no two apartments are the same, the furnishings, design and layout are unique to each room.

I stayed in an ocean view apartment (with a spa in the ensuite) on level 23 and had a fantastic view.
While Hilton is directly across the road, it by no means affects the view offered when you are that high in the building.

Being in such a busy location like Surfers Paradise, outside and street noise is to be expected, regardless of which floor you are on.
Out on the balcony I could hear people below at the restaurants, but closing the door helped to eliminate this and I had no difficulty sleeping at night.

I had some tuning issues with the television in the lounge, but one of the maintenance staff, Luke, came up very quickly and was able to fix it for me. I was impressed with the promptness of the service by Luke, for what was probably a minor job (in comparison to other things).

If you become a ClubCUSoon member (which staff can provide information on), you will be entitled to discounts throughout Mantra Group, which is a bonus for those who travel often..especially as they have properties all over New Zealand and Australia!
I have had friends who were able to make the most of being a return guest and received a generous discount, plus a complimentary late check out for their stay (by booking directly through the property) - they spoke very highly of the girls in res.

Overall I would say this property is good value and would suit families, couples and business travellers.
I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BNielsen
WOW! What an informative review, Bec! So accurate and true - nothing more can be said, but thanks! and see you again soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed after schoolies had ended so I understand that the cleaners were very busy but we waited over an hour after check in to enter our room and we got no kind of reimbursement or bonus for our patience as they were unorganized! The cleaning was poor! We found balloons throughout one cupboard and rubbish in another! Also one day the cleaners didn't even clean our room! We were out all day and they replaced the tv while we were gone and just left the mess and didn't even connect up the tv! The location was great and we did have a great time but I will never stay here again! There are plenty more places out there at the same cost but higher quality of service very disappointed!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Lizzie, I would like to personally offer my sincere apologies for the standard of the apartment you stayed in at Mantra Circle on Cavill.

There is NO excuse for an unclean room, and I can ensure you that this is NOT our normal standard.

I’m pleased to report that I’ve thoroughly investigated the issues from your stay to ensure that this doesn’t happen again in the future.

I hope you will give us a second chance, as we would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back and show you our true Mantra style.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We are a young couple in our early 20s and spent 3 nights here in the first week of December. We thoroughly enjoyed the apartment and facilities. The apartments were just outside bus stops so easy trips from the airport and to theme parks such as Sea World and Movie World.

Check in was an easy process but we did overhear a lady who had been waiting many hours for her apartment to be prepared. We had a level 5 apartment. We wanted higher but still had a great view.

We came during schoolies week but most of the noise died down by 11pm. Request higher if you don't want the noise.

Little things we noted about the apartment:
- the pillows on the bed were rock hard. We ended up sleeping with the large throw pillows from the living room as they were much more comfortable. Bring your own if possible.
- the plug didn't fit in the spa bath
- the TV remote was slow to respond to start with and the DVD remote didn't even work.
- lack of basic cooking facilities eg - paper towel, oil, etc.

Overall we were happy with the apartment and for the price we got it for ($150/night).

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Awesome review! A couple of things we need to iron out, but thanks for being so informative!
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this property with my teenage daughter and would not recommend it to anyone. The staff could not care less and could not (or would not) make any decisions on their own. As I booked by phone with Mantra the only option I was given at 12.30 am was to be told you will need the call the phone number to make any changes (the change I was trying to make was to change rooms to a lower floor and this was not a 24 hour number). Alternatively they were "happy" to make me pay for another room because the computer would not let them make changes without payment. This was the most ridiculous excuse I have ever heard of and could not believe what I was hearing when I was standing there in front of a staff member whales badge stated Assistant Manager. ALTHOUGH THIS IS A CONVENIENT LOCATION I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS PRPOERTY AGAIN. I'm sure there are other properties with just as convenient location

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your comments, Melinda

After having looked into your feedback from our detailed hotel log, and the turn of events with the staff in concern, it looks like you had a bad experience before evening setting foot into the hotel and our poor night reception team caught the brunt of it when you checked in at Midnight.
As per your booking request, you were allocated a gorgeous 1 bedroom hinterland view spa apartment located on the 51st Level (May I add, the view of the Gold Coast hinterlands and cannels from this apartment is spectacular!!)This request was made when the booking was made. At Mantra Circle on Cavill, we try and make sure each request is actioned, which in this instance, I’m pleased to report that we did.

After checking into the room, I see from the hotel log that you weren’t happy about staying on the 51st level and wanted an apartment on a lower floor. Unfortunately, as we were sitting at nearly 100% capacity on the night you checked in we couldn’t (at that stage) assist with a room move.

However, the very next day our Assistant Manager tried to assist you with a room move to a lower level (at 10am) which you declined.

Our team didn’t just stop there though.... a complimentary late checkout was also given to make sure you left on a good note.

I’m sorry we weren’t able to turn this around while you were here... we did try our very best!
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have stayed in this apartment a few times before, it is very spacious, nice and clean and very suitable for a family and also for couples who wishes to relax and actually spend the majority of their time in the apartment cooking, watching tv etc... However, 2 out of the 4 times we have stayed here, we always had problems with their TV and or Dvd player. we rang the reception to complain about it, guy came up to try and fix it, both the TV and dvd player werent working .. maintenance guy just said he couldnt do anything to fix it and will have to tell the management to replace them. very disappointed. they didnt bother moving us to a different room.. we really wanted to spend the night watching movies,, for the main reason we stayed was to relax, watch movies and just enjoy the night. basically spent the whole night with no entertainment at all :(. I am looking to book this place in a couple of weeks.. I have been looking at other places but I really love staying with you guys.. I am hoping that there has been improvement since our last stay which was 6 - 7 months ago. If someone could pls guarantee us a TV and dvd player that actually works.. or at least promise to move us if we even encounter this issue again.. thank you

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review, Katrina. I have to agree with you, all apartments here at Mantra Circle on Cavill are very spacious and are perfect for those couples or families that want a self contained apartment hotel living while on holiday.

A few bits and bobs we can fine tune with our technical teams, but I have no doubt all those issues have been ironed out since your last stay in May.

I see you are from our sister city, Brisbane. ... Only a short skip and jump from Gold Coast.... so,no excuses now, you definitely have to come back real soon!
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Before arriving I wanted to talk yo someone about the resort in general e.g. Opening and closing times of towers, access after this, opening and closing times of the pool etc. However afyer ringing I was told by the lady on the phone "you didn't book directly through us so I don't have to help you. Call someone else." I found this extremely rude as no matter what we are staying in this apartment and deserve to be treated fairly. For a December stay we are paying in excess of $3000 and this has already put a sour light on what should be an incredible stay. I am glad I now decided to book privately and whilst I will continue to stay here I will never bpok through Mantra Group directly due to one slight issue which could have easily been avoided.

Room Tip: Book privately if ypu want excellent customer service. Staff already seem rude.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
scholesynz, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Danni131
It sounds like you are being a little bit harsh with your review having only telephoned the property on one occasion without even staying yet!! Tripadvisor is a review site where anyone can post a review after direct contact with an accommodation provider, restaurant or tourist attraction without even experiencing the entire product.

I am unsure why your private agent didn't assist you with this information about the resort? When our guests book with Mantra we provide our guests with information on the resort and facilities through our website and also on arrival. The property also has a website, www.circleoncavill.com.au where all of this information is also listed.

We are happy to assist where possible with everyone direct at the property and I can only apologise that it was difficult to assist with all of your queries. We hope you have a wonderful stay at the resort and that you have positive interaction with our Mantra team during your stay.

Regards, Katie Scholes - General Manager