Mantra Circle on Cavill
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
$115
  • Beachfront
$305
$139
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$133
  • Beachfront
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
$79
$68
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$111
  • Restaurant
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$130
$84
  • Restaurant
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$263
$99
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$126
$95
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$104
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$97
$83
3,800 results
All reviewsnorth towergreat locationbedroom spa apartmentthe gold coastocean viewamazing viewscentral locationcar parkhouse keepingdown stairsgames roomgreat roommain bedroomfull kitchenclose to shopsreception staffgreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2012

at first I was skeptical abt booking with mantra circle as I have read really bad reviews and then I saw a recent review and photos of the rooms, it was pretty good and so we decided to give it a go!!!

We have booked the sea view spa room wich we paid slightly more rather than a superior room to avoid dirty and damage furniture on the bad reviews.

True enough our rooms are decently clean and nice!!! Great view and I simply love the 1 bedroom apartment.

The dinning chairs / table, balcony table / TV console are slightly old and chipped but the rest of the furniture are clean and in good condition.

The bed is clean too but not as comfortable.

Check in is slow and the service is not good as well.

We will there at 130pm which was 30 mins earlier than the check in time but still it took them more than 1 hour to check us in

Another thing to take note, they do not provide room service and if u are a messy person, be prepared to stay in a mess up room for days!

Location is great in the centre of Cavil Circle with all the happenings and shops !!! near to surfer Paradise within 5 mins of walking.

You can check out the night market on Surfer paradise eevery wed and thur evening.

Near supermarket for groceries too!!

The wifi is payable and its a ripped off ..... most of the accomodation has free wifi ......

I would advise going to Charlie Cafe which is 5 mins walk, enjoy a cup of coffee, the Aussies, and the free wifi! What a pleasure :)

Overall I would give them 8 out of 10 points.

Room Tip: Cavil Circle is quite happening and alot of noise even at a higher floor so try to get the highest level!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winterjewelz
scholesynz, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear winterjewelz, Thank you for reviewing TripAdvisor prior to your stay with us and also posting a fair review following on from your stay. I was happy to read that you researched the accommodation and through your selection you were happy with the apartment, view and location. Thank you also for taking the time to upload the photographs from your stay to share with other travellers. We trust your review assists others in selecting Mantra Circle on Cavill with confidence.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This property looks great at face value but scratch a little and you see its shortcomings.

Upon walking into our level 37 / 2 bedroom suite we were amazed, not just at the view but the modern interior. The balcony was smaller than we had hoped but it served its purpose. The location of the property was convenient.

The not so good:

1. The kitchen is not well fit out. We had to cook our breakfast bacon and eggs in a deep big pot. When called reception, it took two hours to get an actual frying pan delivered (to be fair, the hotel was probably busy checking out guests at 10am). There is the bare minimum of utensils, glasses and overall kitchen items.

2. The beds are horrible. Think Ikea entry level quality. I'm also not a fan of a bed that has a duvet/doona made out of sheets - the bed invariably ends up a mess.

3. The pillows are awful. Too thick for two and too thin for one. Sleep here and you will get what I mean.

4. Toiletries. Whilst smelling nice, the provided toiletries comprised of a small shampoo, conditioner and a bar of soap. We don't deserve body wash?. Further, there was only one toilet roll in each bathroom.

5. Bogans. It seems like stag parties, football teams and the bogan elite all flock to the Gold Coast for a weekend away. Unfortunately, it seems like they stay at this property. After our arrival, we opened a bottle of pinot gris and sat on the balcony to enjoy the view. We started hearing whistling and heckling all around us. Turns out there is a party next door and one directly above us. When we looked up over the balcony rail to see what was happening above us, a classy girl with tatts and piercings spat on us. Charming. The party of bogans next door kept going until 1am.

6. Not surprising given point 5, the hotel has an extensive list of rules and regulations. They can even kick you out for having 'excess alcohol on the premises'. This is defined as multiple bottles of wine or a case of beer. Even I felt like a criminal! (And lets face it - the rule is hardly a deterrent given our experience).

7. TV and Internet. In this place, expect to pay $21 for 24 hours internet (we just used our 'personal hotspot' on our iPhones to avoid the internet fee). The TV had crap channel selection and most of the channels had bad reception.

8. Room service rocked up at 3:30pm. We had prepared the entire unit for cleaning since 9am, and had gone out and come back and were surprised to return to an uncleaned room. As we had settled down to another pinot gris on the balcony with my family who had come to visit, I wasn't interested in having the cleaning ladies in our faces once they arrived at 3:30pm - they gave us some new towels and they left.

So - it's not the worst property but it certainly isn't the 'Gold Coast's best'. If you're after a more upmarket experience, try the Hilton Residences across the road (though - expect to pay and extra $100-$200/night for that extra refinement and class).

If you're happy to pay less and get an acceptable but inferior experience, stick with the Mantra Circle on Cavill - it's priced at this end of the market for a reason, and if it's your thing - go for it. Not for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, though most of the 40+ floors are 3 bedrooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you haydensydney for your thorough review having stayed with us recently. We really appreciate your feedback and overall summary of your experience. I have taken your feedback on board especially your points on the detail. I would like to apologise for perhaps not meeting your expectations. At the property we strive to ensure our guests and apartments are serviced to a high standard, if there is anything you require during your stay please do not hesitate to ask and we are always happy to assist. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

2 couples stayed in a two bedroom apartment with ocean views for 4 nights, first impressions were wow as you open the doors and see the view but the apartment itself was very shabby and needed a paint job and furnishings.

The location was very close to the shops, cafe's and transport.

All in all was a good stay but I am very put off by the lack of cleanliness and decor of the place:
Main bedroom was all tatty, smeared in dust and the doona that had no cover had what appeared to be urine stains covering it.
Other bedroom had no doona only a sheet and an old tatty thin wooly blanket from the 80's, mirrors and bed head covered in hand prints and dust.
Bathrooms had a bad lingering smell and the shower seemed unclean, the second bedrooms shower sounded like a lawn mover when in use.
Kitchen was a good size and had all your basic needs but the fridge had so much dust on it and scraps of rubbish/lollies beside it you could see it had not been wiped recently.
Lounge room had one tiny and I mean tiny tv and a 3 seater couch definitely not big enough for 4 people, one always had to sit at the table.

We were under the impression that our apartment would be cleaned, it never was and there was no broom or vacuum for us to use - beds were made twice and we did get fresh towels every day.

At nights it was very noisy which I didn't mind too much, there was construction works being done which was annoying at times. It did get cold in the evenings and the heater didn't work, we called for assistance and a nice lady came up quickly but did not know how to fix it so we remained cold for the 4 nights (we got told to close the curtains to keep warm, we paid good money for a view which was just as lovely at night)

Free parking was good.

To watch a movie on the tiny tv was 16-20 dollars which was a rip off.

Staff at check in need to learn to smile but all other staff were very polite, helpfull and friendly.

If you get a good deal I'd recommend this place just for the views.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Teneil C,

Please accept my sincere apologies that we were unable to resolve any of the issues as you have detailed in your review. I am disappointed to read your feedback as it sounds like you had an overall experience which is far below our usual high standard. From reading your review of the room I find it unexplainable for the room to be in the standard you have described and I can assure you this is far from acceptable. I am looking into the log to see if we can identify the apartment you were accommodated in so we can review the details further and ensure this is an isolated incident. Thank you again for advising us of these issues so we can investigate. It is always pleasing to hear from guests during their stay as we appreciate any opportunity to rectify any issue directly with our guests. Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Fantastic location apartment was nice and clean with all the appliances you would need. I did some washing and didn't want to use the dryer so I asked Mike at the front desk was there any chance they would have a clothes horse and yes they did someone would bring one straight up. I couldn't believe how help full they were. Mike and Aner were just the best, very helpful and full of helpful advice on what to see and do thanks guys

Room Tip: Ask for Mike or Aner
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I have shared your comments with the team and thanked Mike and Aner for their assistance and outstanding service focus during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are regular visitors to Surfers 6-7 times a year this time we splurged and stayed at The Sub Penthouse the BEST ever clean views luxury if you want to indulge go the Sub Penthouse its just awsome!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you Mars6969 for selecting a sub penthouse for your stay at Circle on Cavill. The 3 bedroom apartments are very spacious and all have amazing ocean views. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property on your next trip to Surfers Paradise