“Excellent apartment, great holiday”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment (Room 2285) and we were so impressed. We checked trip advisor and were a little concerned with some of the comments. There were some really bad reviews as well as excellent ones, so we were not sure what to expect. The reception staff were excellent and whatever questions we had they were really helpful. It is so close to everything and only approx 20 minutes to the themeparks. Some downsides are that because you are so close to Cavill Avenue you do get some noise (particularly Thur-Sun) but I think you are going to experience this anywhere you stay in Surfers as there are a lot of high rises and the noise bounces off the buildings. Plus the police sirens etc. are so loud you can't escape them. There were roller blinds in the bedrooms which were a nightmare, they needed blockout curtains over the top so that when the sun was rising we wouldn't be woken up at the crack of dawn. Our bed was terrible (way too hard), but we did speak to the owner of the unit who said that he is in the process of changing the bed over to a King size bed.

When we stayed here the heated pool was unable to be used and as the outdoor pool was way too cold we didn't swim too much (went to beach).
I think when Woolies opens up underneath "the Circle" and the heated pool is working it will be even better.

I would definately recommend this hotel. Don't always believe what you read because everyone has different experiences. We have used trip advisor before and booked somewhere where people raved about it and we hated it. Whereas some people disliked this hotel but with our experience we loved it.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great. Only have to worry about 1 side for neighbours noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shell4nsw
Write a ReviewReviews (3,547)

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I have nothing bad to say about Mantra Circle on Cavill.
The first night there was a rather loud party in a room near us. I called reception staff who promptly sent security to my room to investigate where the noise was coming from. Once they determined this, they headed straight up there and within 5 minutes the noise/music had stopped. Reception staff made a follow up call around 10 minutes later to check if everything had settled down. This was the only issue we had, but the staff were fast to respond to make sure our stay was as enjoyable as possible.
The facilties were perfect, we had fresh towels delivered daily and our bed linen was changed twice in our 10 day stay.
We would certainly recommend staying at the Mantra Circle on Cavill to anyone, we will be going back in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily G
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 5 days.
Apartment was clean, modern and comfortable.

Finding the correct parking space in the underground parking was a little complicated initially, until we eventually got accustomed to the layout.

Lifts could be better labelled between the north and South towers.

Pool looked good.

Overall pleasant, but less than expected.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank daisy111Sydney
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Daisy111 Sydney

Many thanks for posting a review on Circle on Cavill

We were pleased to have you as our guest for 5 days and glad everything was to your satisfaction.

I apologise for the parking congestion, but I assure you it is being addressed.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is the second time i have stayed in this hotel. Had a great time and great room last time so booked the mantra this time aswell. My Fiance and i did not regret this at any time. Stayed in an Oceanview 1 bedroom apartment and asked for a high room. Asked again at check in time and the man behind the counter was very helpful and said if we wait an hour we could be moved up another 10 floors. Of course we did this and the view was well worth the wait. The room was kept beautifully and even had a daily refresh at no extra charge. Would reccomend this hotel to anyone as room was great, staff were great and right in the heart of surfers which is close to anything and everything you want to do on the Gold Coast. 10/10 Mantra

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mitch 146

Many thanks for your recent review

The staff and I are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welicoming you back again in the very near future.

Thank you very much for the 10/10 rating, the second 10 in three days!

Regards

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Just back back from a long weekend stay here and as soon as we walked into our room we were amazed with the breathtaking views. We were on the 44th floor. The room was very clean and welcoming. The apartment was very modern and staff were very friendly and attended to all our needs. The apartments are central to everything, beach, restaurants etc. The facilities were very nice, 2 pools, gym, spa etc. I would highly recommend this hotel and cant wait to go back ASAP, already planning my next trip. This was HEAVEN!

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lou a

Dear Lou a

Many thanks for posting feedback on TA

It sounds like you had a great weekend away! The staff and I are pleased you found everything to your liking and we look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the very near future

Regards

Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and I left the kids with the grandparents for this trip.
We had such a lovely time. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our in room spa was fantastic. Views of the ocean and at night the city looked quite lovely with all it twinkling lights.
Everything is so central when you stay here...food, entertainment, beach.
Would like to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Sue M

Many thanks for posting feedback on your recent stay

The team and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future

Kind regards

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I booked a hotel room directly through a private owner of the room - found on a site stayz.com.au (paid half the price I would have through the hote) I was sceptic at first as I had never used this site before and was scared we transferred money to a dodgy person but my fears were cast aside when the owner met us in person when we arrived and took us to the one bedroom oceanside room. I went with my younger brother on a 7 night holiday from New Zealand. We were intially on level 31 then got put on level 18 half way through our stay we did not mind (since the owner was really a nice person to deal with), these rooms were absolutely gorgeous and tastefully decorated. A minor issue was not having a dish rag/sponge in the room to wipe the bench top. But this only cost $1.00AU (for a pack of three) from the supermarket. We did not have a car so we walked to all the attractions in Surfers Paradise, definitely stay at this place if you do not have a car. We were in walking distance to our boat cruise, Ripley's Believe it or Not, the Wax Museum, 2 supermarkets, a shopping centre, food outlets...the list goes on. I didn't deal with the staff too much as we did not book this through them, however when I was going through the lobby and saw them dealing with people they seemed extra nice and helpful to all hotel guests. I agree this is a hotel for younger people, group of friends, young couples - but that shouldn't put a damper on your stay if you do not fit in this category. I will definitely stay at Mantra Circle on Cavill again and will recommend this place to friends and family. I had family come and visit us in this room and they were in awe at how nice the room was and our view was just spectacular. There was noise outside on other balconies but that is easily fixed by shutting your own sliding door - it then fixes the problem since it's sound proof glass. It's much more busy and noisy during the weekend - otherwise it's quiet during the week. I enjoyed my stay here and will be staying there again if I am back in the Gold Coast.

Room Tip: If you do want less street noise go higher up
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family