“CRAP”

The Quarterdeck Surfers Paradise
Reviewed January 11, 2014

book in for 5 night left after 3 rooms where dirty no heating oven was broken and mould all over windows paint peeling off the walls do not stay here and yes I know there pictures look good but you don't get that

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank daubs

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed at quarterdeck with a couple of friends and had a really great time. The rooms were clean and neat and the location is fantastic. Its minutes from the heart of Surfers and we could walk straight across the Esplanade to go for our morning swim. Management and staff are always very friendly and eager to make sure we were comfortable. I have also stayed at Quarterdeck with my 3 children and they love it. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Peter H
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at Quarterdeck last week and found it to be great value for money and the location was perfect. I had a lovely room on the 8th floor with beautiful ocean views. Apartment had everything I needed for my long awaited break from work. Staff were very friendly and very helpful with booking my tours etc. Well recommended.

Room Tip: Mid to higher floor have the best views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Susan E
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My partner and i stayed at the Quarterdeck for 6 nights and we could have not been happier! Perfect location, walking distance from everything including Cavill avenue and transport to and from every theme park, and the beach was only a 2 minute walk. We had a ocean view room that was fully air conditioned with another 2 ceiling fans and a balcony, the room was clean and had everything we needed! The staff were excellent and very helpful. We will defineitly be returning to the Quarterdeck.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Maddie M
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights, couldn't be happier, light and airy rooms, clean, everything at hand. Close to shops, beach and transport. For 3 stars and the price, no complaints at all. The staff were very friendly and helpful, will definitely come back again next year for our annual holiday.

Room Tip: Sorry didn't have a restaurant, but can't take away the points!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jean F
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have just come back from my 4th visit to the Quarterdeck over the past 8 years. As one of the many people who come back each time we go to the Gold Coast, I strongly recommend it. If you want 5-6 stars luxury, maybe its not for you, but if you want a great location; clean, spacious apartments set up with everything you need to enjoy a great holiday; plus really friendly and helpful staff then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: I prefer the apartments on the beach side of the building as they have better views and are quieter...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Janette W
Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you are keen on students flats then this may be for you. We arrived around 6.30 in the evening and was told over the phone which apartment was ours. We walked in and would have walked out again if it wasn't late. Filthy carpets, cracked and dirty walls, and a shower with totally ground in dirt and at the back of the hand basin total grime. We spoke to the manager the next morning but the other available apartment was almost as bad. We would say there was a comfy bed and they happily refunded our money minus a CLEANING FEE.

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a refurbished room, I think they may have some.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family