We have stayed at The Sands for the past three years during holidays in September. I cannot say enough about the location, so close to everything. The 3 different apartments were all good value although every one had something wrong with it. Only niggly things, a mop without a head, a half blocked shower rose, taps that would not turn off or that the knobs fell off in our hands, tv remote control did not work even after three battery changes, an insect screen fell off one of the windows, one year no tea towel or kitchen cloth. You supply your own dishwashing and laundry detergents but the landry and kitchen are good value. Nice large balcony but no chairs to sit out there, only a low lounger which makes it impossible to see the ocean, so standing is a must. The apartments are very clean though, the lift is a bit dodgy but it gets there. If you just want a place to rest your head while out most of the day, this is a good one. I was a bit disappointed that the price shot up an extra $15 a night from the last two years, so this might have been our last visit. The location is the only reason I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One and two bedroom fully self contained apartments with washing machine and drier and ironing facilities. Ceiling fans, television and balcony overlooking the beautiful ocean of Surfers Paradise and beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sands Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands Holiday Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- The Sands Holiday Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise