“Breakfast Chic”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We decided to grab a quick takeaway breaky on our way from checking out of the CBD luxury apartments, but this place was so cute we decided to stay for a sit-down meal.
The atmosphere was friendly and fun, the girls serving were efficient, but we weren't at all rushed. I love the pink and white damask decor. It was small and cozy, and overlooked Bolsover street, which has a lot of vehicular traffic, but not many pedestrians.
There were lots of yummy things to order, but my husband went for simple bacon and eggs (eggs however you like, served with ciabatta), and I went for the Churros. Everything was also very reasonably priced.
My husband and I usually try each others meals, so I got to taste his; the bacon was perfectly cooked, not too crunchy, the scrambled eggs were fluffy and light, and the ciabatta was perfectly toasted.
My Churros were amazing. Crispy on the outside, slightly doughy on the inside. The presentation was fantastic; they were served as a stack of six mini churros with two banana halves, diced strawberries, and a dipping bowl which had a scoop of the creamiest most luscious ice cream ever, and on the plate was chocolate and caramel sauce drizzled in a circular motion.
For refreshments, we both had thickshakes which were creamy and delicious, so I can't comment on coffee.
Both meals were of a good size, very filling, and just fantastic.
Between the meal, and the atmosphere, this place was great. As we were leaving, we were tempted by the homemade goodies in the display cabinet; a variety of cakes, slices, scones, quiche - so each of us picked out something which we had for afternoon tea. These too were very delicious.
I would recommend this place to anyone for breakfast or brunch - and we will be returning soon to try lunch.

1  Thank corgan00
There are newer reviews for Cafe Bliss

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great food and service, just don't ask for a Vienna... Staff can't make them . You would think they train their staff to make all the coffees on the menu but no.. If u want a descent coffee try blue truffle... By the way not paid to say that actually blue truffle has a great breakfast menu to try if u are interested ..

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Cafe Bliss has fantastic cakes & slices all baked on site & everything I have tried is fresh & tasty. It is a prefect location to meet the girls for a tea or coffee along with a tasty treat as you catch up on the latest news.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was extremely rushed into ordering my food ( asked twice in the first 2 or 3 minutes) Then heard my waitress ask another waiter to see if he could get us to order very unpleasantly. I asked if we were in a speed cafe as it was the first time i had been there. Our food came very quickly, my friends burger was excellent, I had the lamb salad. The salad was excellent the lamb on the otrher hand was crap off cuts just fat and sinew with hardly any meat. I left this aside and enjoyed my salad. When we had finished we asked if we could get coffee and cake we were told by the first waitress we would have to be out of our seats by 12.30 as they had booked the table. I laughed as we had only arrived ay 12.05. All in all a poor experience, though the coffee we had was great at the end i had been overcharged as well. Such a shame for such a quaint lovely little spot.

2  Thank Jodie W
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Cafe Bliss has a modern menu with lots of avocado, lettuce, and other good food choices. Their bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato BLAT is a nice version of the old BLT. Cafe Bliss is very different from Rockhampton's 'Beef Capital of Queensland' image. Having said that, their all day breakfasts of bacon, eggs and all the trimmings is hearty enough for any man. The cafe also has plenty of cold or iced drinks to combat Rocky's hot summer days.

It's the kind of place you'd expect to find in a sophisticated city's downtown or tourist district, which makes it a cute 'find' in a smaller, rural city.